Thanks Meter: 6,679

By noname81, Senior Member on 2nd November 2011, 09:51 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th November 2019, 02:51 PM |#14051  
Thanks Meter: 145

More
FullScreen Problem
Hi
I used lmt launcher for years on all of my devices and it works great.
But, Today i switched to galaxy note 9 and realized that lmt is not working on videos/instagram stories in fullscreen mode anymore.. everything else is working perfectly.

- Using another app for disabling/hiding navigation bar. as it explains It requires adb command and it's working fine (screenshot attached).
Can anyone help me to figure out how i can fix this?
- LMT 3.1
- Active features: Pie
- Android 9 ( latest galaxy note 9 update)

Also sorry for my bad english and Thanks for your time
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191105-165934_FNG.jpg
Views:	570
Size:	244.9 KB
ID:	4867501  
5th November 2019, 11:47 PM |#14052  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 2,031

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_npl

Hi
I used lmt launcher for years on all of my devices and it works great.
But, Today i switched to galaxy note 9 and realized that lmt is not working on videos/instagram stories in fullscreen mode anymore.. everything else is working perfectly.

- Using another app for disabling/hiding navigation bar. as it explains It requires adb command and it's working fine (screenshot attached).
Can anyone help me to figure out how i can fix this?
- LMT 3.1
- Active features: Pie
- Android 9 ( latest galaxy note 9 update)

Also sorry for my bad english and Thanks for your time

A stab in the dark, but if the hide navigation bar is using the over-scan feature (ie pushing the screen off of the visible/displayed area), is it possible it is also placing the LMT activation area off the screen as well? Maybe testing it with the activation area on top and also with the area thickness at its extreme.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DiamondJohn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DiamondJohn Ad-Free
6th November 2019, 10:09 AM |#14053  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondJohn

A stab in the dark, but if the hide navigation bar is using the over-scan feature (ie pushing the screen off of the visible/displayed area), is it possible it is also placing the LMT activation area off the screen as well? Maybe testing it with the activation area on top and also with the area thickness at its extreme.

Thanks for the answer and.. yes, You are right.
When i maximized the activation area thickness to 150 it worked in full screen videos/instagram stories again But the thickness of activation area in regular apps is extremely to high.

I searched a lot in this topic and other websites and tried very apps. but couldn't find any proper way to hide the navigation bar in non-root mode. Maybe I've missed some solutions.

One other thing, I can use lmt with navigation bar, but there is a new swipe feature for back button in samsung phones ( it will open recent apps and change the active apps by swiping) that is Interfering with lmt pie.

So what is your recommendation for none-root samsung phones?
6th November 2019, 10:22 AM |#14054  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 2,031

More
Quote:

Thanks for the answer and.. yes, You are right.
When i maximized the activation area thickness to 150 it worked in full screen videos/instagram stories again But the thickness of activation area in regular apps is extremely to high.

I searched a lot in this topic and other websites and tried very apps. but couldn't find any proper way to hide the navigation bar in non-root mode. Maybe I've missed some solutions.

One other thing, I can use lmt with navigation bar, but there is a new swipe feature for back button in samsung phones ( it will open recent apps and change the active apps by swiping) that is Interfering with lmt pie.

I have no idea for any non-root type things, as I have always been rooted. However, I am obviously using LMT, and it would seem like a simple solution to have the activation area on one of the sides, not the bottom. I actually have my activation area on the right by default.

Quote:

So what is your recommendation for none-root samsung phones?

On a slightly different note, I would also suggest you direct questions to the whole community, as directing it to a single person may stop someone who does have an answer, from stepping in. For example, your swiping issue.
The Following User Says Thank You to DiamondJohn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DiamondJohn Ad-Free
6th November 2019, 12:01 PM |#14055  

More
Quote:

I have no idea for any non-root type things, as I have always been rooted. However, I am obviously using LMT, and it would seem like a simple solution to have the activation area on one of the sides, not the bottom. I actually have my activation area on the right by default.

There are some apps with swipe from left/right so i cant set activation area to the sides. ok, Honestly, I miss those days.. nexus phones.. exposed framework, roms, kernels, greenify, build.prop optimizations and.. maybe its time to root my phone again!

Quote:

On a slightly different note, I would also suggest you direct questions to the whole community, as directing it to a single person may stop someone who does have an answer, from step in. For example, your swiping issue.

haha slightly different thanks for your note.
13th November 2019, 08:36 AM |#14056  
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by t0mas_

Sure, the more i try the more it seems that lmt crashes as soon as it gets root

+1

The app 3.1 does not work for me on Android 10, when given root permissions. If I hide it from magisk, or remove the root access, it works.
The Following User Says Thank You to s7dhansh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift s7dhansh Ad-Free
13th November 2019, 11:39 AM |#14057  
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7dhansh

+1

The app 3.1 does not work for me on Android 10, when given root permissions. If I hide it from magisk, or remove the root access, it works.

The same thing happens on my Oneplus 7T.
But,It works fine on Oneplus 7,(of course, Android 10)

And,Pie Pointer does not work on Oneplus 7T with non-root.
14th November 2019, 04:11 AM |#14058  
Recognized Contributor
Flag IDK
Thanks Meter: 15,810

More
Yeah LMT 3.1 doesn't seem to be working on One UI Beta v2.0 fwiw

Sent from my SM-G975W Running One UI Beta v2.0 🇨🇦
14th November 2019, 06:07 AM |#14059  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggyskunk

Yeah LMT 3.1 doesn't seem to be working on One UI Beta v2.0 fwiw

Can all you guys with issues provide a logcat? It seems that lmt has issues on multiple Android 10 devices, but since it's not happening on my phone, I need more input to track down the issue. Thanks!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to noname81 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift noname81 Ad-Free
14th November 2019, 10:07 AM |#14060  
Recognized Contributor
Flag IDK
Thanks Meter: 15,810

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noname81

Can all you guys with issues provide a logcat? It seems that lmt has issues on multiple Android 10 devices, but since it's not happening on my phone, I need more input to track down the issue. Thanks!

Actually - LMT IS working - But using the same Settings for Activation Position & Gravity - LMT is opening - But in a slightly different position than expected... 🐧

Sent from my SM-G975U using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to shaggyskunk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shaggyskunk Ad-Free
14th November 2019, 10:30 AM |#14061  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggyskunk

Actually - LMT IS working - But using the same Settings for Activation Position & Gravity - LMT is opening - But in a slightly different position than expected... 🐧

So you're talking about a y offset problem, when you bring up the pie? Then I know what you're talking about and I'll try to fix it. This happens on phones with a notch. The Android framework has some weird handling for it and I'll try to work around it in all use cases.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to noname81 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift noname81 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, gesture, launcher, lmt, pie

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)