Got the red/green TINT in your OnePlus 7T? Lets ISOLATE it together!

Search This thread

Ako.marketing

Oct 13, 2018
Lets try isolate WHICH units got this issue:

1. Chinese or Global edition?
2. Tint problem on 60Hz or 90hz or Both?
3. What is your unit's build number / revision?
4. 128GB or 256GB version?
5. Blue or Grey?

Guys, please respond so we can narrow down the problem.

IF YOU DONT HAVE THE PROBLEM - PLEASE ALSO RESPOND, SO WE CAN SEE WHICH VERSIONS DON'T HAVE THIS ISSUE.

Thanks!

Reactions: fkloznica

Milkshakes00

Oct 3, 2010
1. Global (US, HD1905)
2. No issues on either 60hz or 90hz.
3. Not sure what you mean by this; I did notice the box has a 'QC' number. Quality Control? 0304N in that case.
4. 128gb
5. Glacier Blue.

Will update with my fiance's phone once she busts it open and we can test it.

shaunakdsilva

Dec 26, 2014
Pomburpa
1. Indian Model (HD1901)
2. Grey tint at both 90hz and 60hz
3. HD65AA
4. 128GB
5. The black color (frosted Grey?)

Tinting is clearly visible during unlock animation.
I have one of the OnePlus live wallpaper applied and just unlocked the phone with face unlock.
Cover the front camera and observe the lockscreen before face unlock does it's thing, I noticed color change from lockscreen to homescreen.

aleck0112

Jan 5, 2017
1. China (HD1900)
2. Nothing
3. HD65AA
4. 128Gb
5. Glacier blue

Nothing whatsoever, lockscreen, low brightness, night mode all normal color

ilich1897

Nov 4, 2019
1. China (HD1900)
2. Green tint at both 90hz and 60hz.
3. HD65BA
4. 256Gb
5. Glacier blue

Red/Pink tint when DC dimming on. Also noticed color change from lockscreen to homescreen.

chattapon

Nov 17, 2016
1. Global ( Thailand, HD1903)
2. Tint problem at 90hz, 60 hz very little one
3. QC: HD65AA
4. 128GB
5. Forsted Silver
5oWX

lendawg

Dec 31, 2012
OnePlus 9 Pro
TMobile version
Frosted silver
Green tint at 90hz and slightly less at 60hz
Color change from lock screen to unlock
Lock screen color just looks over saturated

I have 2 units ordered from the OnePlus site (USA region) that have tint issues

It seems that replacement devices have less and some even no tints but it's a hit or miss typa situation

There's a rumour that the tint issue is actually a feature, a broken feature but a feature nonetheless and I'm starting to buy into it

Try checking if your tinting is constant, mine isn't constant.
What I mean with that is that the tints on my device are changing as the picture changes.
The tints are most visible with low brightness and then grey picture but the tints can be seen in the same areas using very strong night mode settings and then on white

Now, when i have a smaller white object and make it larger and even full screen in each of those three stages the tints and color of white all together look different

Check it out :)

lendawg

Dec 31, 2012
OnePlus 9 Pro
I ordered a replacement through t mobile. Same color frosted silver and I don't have this issue anymore thankfully. When I held the devices side by side even the whites with same display settings looked like crap on the other one. Kind of yellowish....hard to explain. Anyway the screen on the new unit is great and colors seem to be calibrated much better. Anyone with the issue should get a replacement in my opinion.

Reactions: fkloznica

DoobyDroid

Had mine couple of weeks and to start I didn't notice anything but more and more I began to notice a green hue at the top of the display especially when in dark mode and at a certain dim display around 10/15% taking a picture can clearly see top half of display is different colour ,
Just been on tech chat with Amazon and they have issued me a replacement coming tomorrow , I don't for one min think it will be any better but worth a shot , mines HD1903 EU we will see , if not at least I get a nice new one lol

Sent from my HD1903 using Tapatalk

rydoginator

Apr 6, 2017
1. Global edition
2. Both
3. HD1905
4. 128GB
5. Blue

I bought my phone last week, and I submitted a warranty replacement, but it hasn't been reviewed yet...
If they don't touch it tomorrow, I'll try calling them.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    T-Mobile edition
    128gb
    Blue

Display is fine ?
    Lets try isolate WHICH units got this issue:

1. Chinese or Global edition?
    2. Tint problem on 60Hz or 90hz or Both?
    3. What is your unit's build number / revision?
    4. 128GB or 256GB version?
    5. Blue or Grey?

Guys, please respond so we can narrow down the problem.

IF YOU DONT HAVE THE PROBLEM - PLEASE ALSO RESPOND, SO WE CAN SEE WHICH VERSIONS DON'T HAVE THIS ISSUE.

Thanks!
    1. Global ( Poland, HD1903)
    2. Tint problem at 90hz, 60 hz very little one
    3. QC: 0304D
    4. 128GB
    5. Glacier Blue

Production date 2019.10.07. I suggest putting this information too.
    Sorry, I can`t put photos, not enough posts. I manage to put it there https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-7t/help/green-tint-issue-oneplus-7t-t3986231/page5#post80798347
    Tmo glacier blue, don't know where to find production date but no problems here after thoroughly testing 60 and 90hrtz
    I ordered a replacement through t mobile. Same color frosted silver and I don't have this issue anymore thankfully. When I held the devices side by side even the whites with same display settings looked like crap on the other one. Kind of yellowish....hard to explain. Anyway the screen on the new unit is great and colors seem to be calibrated much better. Anyone with the issue should get a replacement in my opinion.