FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP] Official ViPER4Android Audio Effects (FX v2.5.0.5) - New Features & 7.0 Support

4,134 posts
Thanks Meter: 14,607

By zhuhang, Recognized Contributor on 15th March 2013, 05:42 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th October 2019, 10:37 PM |#28151  
Thanks Meter: 78

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schroeder09

Ok, thanks. I see you posted pictures of the working v4a and the 2.5.0.4 driver. Where is this apk though? I can't find it mentioned in the XDA threads as the io fox for nougat. XDA labs has the 2.7 version and one previous version. I think what I am missing is the proper apk. Will this apk (once I have it) install the proper driver it needs too ?

The is on XDA the original viper not unofficial viper also the unofficial version is working on a work around for the newest version of android. Just to let you know
The Following User Says Thank You to OGdroidster For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift OGdroidster Ad-Free
28th October 2019, 12:52 PM |#28152  
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGdroidster

The is on XDA the original viper not unofficial viper also the unofficial version is working on a work around for the newest version of android. Just to let you know

Okay I found the nougat APK in the OP in this thread. It was not labeled exactly as was described in the directions post that you quoted for me. That's why it wasn't showing up in searches. Anyway, I'm still not having any luck. I have two suspicions: 1.) magisk canary has to be involved somehow. Can anyone confirm whether or not stable magisk 20 will work? That's what I'm using. 2.) I'm not doing something right with my SE Linux enforcing. Throughout this process I had the file downloaded before setting SE Linux to permissive. I don't think that matters much, but the instructions say to set the SC Linux to permission before downloading the APK so I thought I would mention it. Next I booted twrp, use its emulator, set SE Linux to permissive, and flash the viper for Android rootless zip folder. I boot back into my system, open a terminal emulator, set SE Linux to permissive again, install the APK but don't open it, set magisk to core mode only, reboot, set SE Linux to permissive in my emulator, and open the viper for Android 2.5.0.5 app. I am still being prompted to grant it root. Doing so doesn't help anything and I still get the driver failed installation errors.

After attempting this a couple times I did some additional steps such as setting magisk to turn core mode off and rebooting the phone after another driver installation attempt. The driver it installed is 2.5.0.4.
While this does tell me that my driver is enabled, neon is enabled, and everything is supported, it still will not process audio after turning the master switch on. Everything looks like it should be working, but it isn't. What am I missing. Am I missing any small details? is there something going on with the SE Linux permission?
29th October 2019, 11:55 PM |#28153  
Thanks Meter: 78

More
Quote:

Ok, thanks. I see you posted pictures of the working v4a and the 2.5.0.4 driver. Where is this apk though? I can't find it mentioned in the XDA threads as the io fox for nougat. XDA labs has the 2.7 version and one previous version. I think what I am missing is the proper apk. Will this apk (once I have it) install the proper driver it needs too ?

4th November 2019, 03:39 PM |#28154  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hey guys. I'm running 2.5.0.4 off of Android 8 on an android head unit. It runs fine and the driver loads with no issue when i run it from a cold boot or sleep wake cycle, but whenever its left open, and then put to sleep, the driver refuses to load upon wake. I have to manually kill viper and reopen it to get the drive to load.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

Hey guys. I'm running 2.5.0.4 off of Android 8 on an android head unit. It runs fine and the driver loads with no issue when i run it from a cold boot or sleep wake cycle, but whenever its left open, and then put to sleep, the driver refuses to load upon wake. I have to manually kill viper and reopen it to get the drive to load.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
GuestD0981
8th November 2019, 01:59 AM |#28155  

More
Whenever I install ritual core and riru edxposed viper stops functioning. It shows driver status as abnormal. I tried rebooting and installing the drivers again but the only thing that worked was disabling riru core and edxposed.
12th November 2019, 09:16 PM |#28156  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 4,835

Donate to Me
More
What's the reason sometimes it works
Sometimes it not..
Have to reboot multiple times
13th November 2019, 01:41 PM |#28157  

More
guys in this new version of viper4android how should if find ddc for my headphone (1more piston fit)its says you should go telegram and donate isnt it free?
13th November 2019, 03:53 PM |#28158  
Flag singapore
Thanks Meter: 286

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skate6board

guys in this new version of viper4android how should if find ddc for my headphone (1more piston fit)its says you should go telegram and donate isnt it free?

Which version of Viper are you using? The one provided in this thread is already abandoned. If you're using other follow on mod by other devs like 2.7.xx, it's on other thread.
@tEaMDeWitt has sort of continued where this left off and if I remember correctly, someone is willing to help to compile user's request for DDC.. It's an effort..

Also others have helped to provide solutions to convert the old settings to be able to be used in the new 2.7.x versions..

Edit.. Just noticed you posted on the other thread..
Yesterday, 11:29 AM |#28159  

More
Hi there!

I've been having a little problem with V4A on my OnePlus 7 Pro and I hope you guys could help me out.
V4A works just fine, all the settings work and importing DDC files works perfectly. The problem is that whenever I toggle the Master Limiter I get an audible hiss. The hiss is very apparent on quieter tracks.
I have no other settings enabled, no DDC, nothing. Just the toggling of the Master Limiter introduces hissing and it's quite annoying.
I've Googled a bit and searched a bit here on XDA, but unfortunately I haven't found a solution. Help would be much appreciated!

Thank you in advance
Yesterday, 02:12 PM |#28160  
Flag Wisconsin
Thanks Meter: 8,389

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noizz

Hi there!

I've been having a little problem with V4A on my OnePlus 7 Pro and I hope you guys could help me out.
V4A works just fine, all the settings work and importing DDC files works perfectly. The problem is that whenever I toggle the Master Limiter I get an audible hiss. The hiss is very apparent on quieter tracks.
I have no other settings enabled, no DDC, nothing. Just the toggling of the Master Limiter introduces hissing and it's quite annoying.
I've Googled a bit and searched a bit here on XDA, but unfortunately I haven't found a solution. Help would be much appreciated!

Thank you in advance

I have the OP7 Pro too and V4a installed. Is the hiss through phone speaker, headphones or bt?
Yesterday, 02:25 PM |#28161  
Flag Jamnagar
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:

Thanks a lot. There's no way it works without se Linux set as permissive though? I'll do without this until that's overcome. I thought she Linux being set as permissive was a big security concern.

Ofcoure viper4android fx works with se linux mode set to enforcing. It worked for me on my redmi 4a. Flashed latest magisk and from its download tab, flashed v4a fx v2.7.1.0. and BOOM💥 V4A working as hell. Plz check the snap i hv attached.
Btw check this out too👇👇
DEVICE: Redmi 4a
MAGISK: V20.1 Stable
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P_20191118_183723.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	252.5 KB
ID:	4879785   Click image for larger version

Name:	P_20191118_183750.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	247.8 KB
ID:	4879791  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
best settings, convolver, cure tech+, fx xhifi, irs impulse response sample, settings, viper4android v4a, virtual headphone surround engine+

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)