FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Did you find this thread useful?

Yes, it was very helpful to me.

1,610 Vote(s)
64.02%
No, I didn't feel it helped me.

416 Vote(s)
16.54%
I don't know.

489 Vote(s)
19.44%

[HELP THREAD] Ask ANY Question. Noob Friendly.

4,428 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,929

Post Reply Email Thread
7th November 2019, 02:05 PM |#44141  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have a huawei y9 prime 2019 and I'm unable to switch on Google assistant access with voice match any help, the switch is greyed out
BTW I'm a beta tester for Google and play services as some forums said that'll solve it
7th November 2019, 05:26 PM |#44142  
Flag Graz
Thanks Meter: 1

More
How can i get nokia 8 in edl mode? Doesnt have adb or fastboot there
7th November 2019, 06:26 PM |#44143  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 46

More
So I have a question.

I have just ordered a galaxy note10 plus Snapdrsgon version from Ebay, I'm in the UK.

The listing says the phone is brand new and the seller says that all their phones are brand new.

But I was thinking that people could be selling refurbished phones as new.. putting the phones in new boxes with seals ..

How can we know if we are really getting a brand new phone?

Anyone have any advice on this?
7th November 2019, 08:40 PM |#44144  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benholder90

So I have a question.

I have just ordered a galaxy note10 plus Snapdrsgon version from Ebay, I'm in the UK.

The listing says the phone is brand new and the seller says that all their phones are brand new.

But I was thinking that people could be selling refurbished phones as new.. putting the phones in new boxes with seals ..

How can we know if we are really getting a brand new phone?

Anyone have any advice on this?

Other than visually inspecting the device? Probably not.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
7th November 2019, 09:17 PM |#44145  
Thanks Meter: 889

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmom

If I'm not mistaken, disk digger runs on a PC. So you could use it to recover anything you can mount as a drive on the PC. I am not aware of any way to do that with the device's internal storage.

There is a disk digger for Android and it worked really well--- until they started using encryption and so it doesn't very well anymore
The Following User Says Thank You to Josh McGrath For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Josh McGrath Ad-Free
7th November 2019, 09:55 PM |#44146  
Thanks Meter: 2,424

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh McGrath

There is a disk digger for Android and it worked really well--- until they started using encryption and so it doesn't very well anymore

Then due to the age of the device that was under discussion, it should be an option.
8th November 2019, 05:01 AM |#44147  
Thanks Meter: 889

More
Quote:

Then due to the age of the device that was under discussion, it should be an option.

I haven't really read through the questions cause there's no many posts, but root is needed for Disk Digger
8th November 2019, 07:00 PM |#44148  
Thanks Meter: 731

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brill_e

How can i get nokia 8 in edl mode? Doesnt have adb or fastboot there

Adb is available for all devices of those I know after to enable USB debugging you could interact with and about fastboot Nokia devices usually can access to this mode through adb command or using a combination key; usually pressing and holding pwr key+volume down at same time that is connected USB cable to pc and device.

About EDL is not accessible for the normal user before bootloader gets unlocked. If you unlocked it you can access in some devices through three ways, using adb command adb reboot edl or using fastboot command fastboot oem edl or via hardware buttons that may vary from one device to another, sometimes might be pressing both volume buttons at same time you connect USB cable to pc. If device is locked then the only way is using test point method, you have to seek the proper for your model, in YouTube there ate many for almost all devices.
8th November 2019, 07:55 PM |#44149  

More
Hey everybody I was trying to ask that if I brick my phone......then can I just flash a stock rom zip file through my recovery...the zip file is available for flashing from my phone's official website.... My phone does not have a dedicated guide and the old ones are obsolete now....any help will be appreciated
8th November 2019, 08:18 PM |#44150  
Thanks Meter: 2,424

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeVk47

Hey everybody I was trying to ask that if I brick my phone......then can I just flash a stock rom zip file through my recovery...the zip file is available for flashing from my phone's official website.... My phone does not have a dedicated guide and the old ones are obsolete now....any help will be appreciated

Unless I've missed some other post, there's no way to know what phone you're talking about.

Usually an stock OTA zip can be downloaded through recovery, including TWRP. But full images usually require odin or Fastboot or some other manufacturer's installer software.

That's a general statement. If you want specific answers, you must be specific with your details.
9th November 2019, 07:18 AM |#44151  

More
Quote:

Unless I've missed some other post, there's no way to know what phone you're talking about.

Usually an stock OTA zip can be downloaded through recovery, including TWRP. But full images usually require odin or Fastboot or some other manufacturer's installer software.

That's a general statement. If you want specific answers, you must be specific with your details.

I have a realme 1
Link of website:https://www.realme.com/in/support/software-update

Will this work?......if not then it would be great help if you tell me what to do
Thank you
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, beginner, confused, guidance, help needed, help thread, lost, newbie, noob, questions and answers

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)