595 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,832

Post Reply Email Thread
9th November 2019, 01:55 AM |#14101  
Thanks Meter: 904

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyfender

Such as xposed, for example, or now edxposed, but apparently there is a workaround for edxposed that Google broke yesterday

@revt3949

The last issue I had with safetynet a few weeks ago (pretty rare for me), was Google updating it to require the ROM security patch level/date to match the date the fingerprint of the ROM. I'm not sure if they reverted that though. I used a magisk script to change build.prop to fix that. You can use Didgeridoohan's magisk module to do that too. That might be one reason safetynet would fail (if it's always been working) that I can think of.

Here are the details of you're interested.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...5/post78433987
9th November 2019, 05:50 AM |#14102  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Question about unified hosts Magisk module
I seem to be getting results blocking hosts with Adaway without the unified hosts module installed in Magisk Manager, nor did I enable systemless hosts in Adaway. I'm just using /system/etc/hosts as I've always done with a text editor.

Do I go with systemless or is this a case of a solution in search of a problem?
9th November 2019, 05:51 AM |#14103  
Thanks Meter: 372

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by manjaroid

I seem to be getting results blocking hosts with Adaway without the unified hosts module installed in Magisk Manager, nor did I enable systemless hosts in Adaway. I'm just using /system/etc/hosts as I've always done with a text editor.

Whatever works for you is the solution to your comfortablity....

(09-09-18)
The Following User Says Thank You to PoochyX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PoochyX Ad-Free
9th November 2019, 01:31 PM |#14104  
Thanks Meter: 2,423

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by manjaroid

You didn't say what your device is. Looking back through your posts, I'm guessing a Moto G4 on a custom ROM.

As long as you don't care about taking an OTA (which is unlikely to be released for this device), then mounting /system isn't a problem for your device configuration. So for you, systemless is optional.
The Following User Says Thank You to ktmom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmom Ad-Free
9th November 2019, 04:31 PM |#14105  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmom

You didn't say what your device is. Looking back through your posts, I'm guessing a Moto G4 on a custom ROM.

As long as you don't care about taking an OTA (which is unlikely to be released for this device), then mounting /system isn't a problem for your device configuration. So for you, systemless is optional.

In the context of read-only /system and OTA updates, your answer is precisely the info I was looking for. Much of the reading I did (like this Github post) made it sound as if the Magisk module was mandatory and that there'd be troubles without it. I'll stick with the native hosts file but it's good to know systemless is an option.

Yes, my regular phone is a Moto G4 Plus but I've gone back to stock Oreo after test driving a couple Pie ROMs. There was a stock 8.1 OTA update as recently as May 2019 and surely it's the last one.

Thanks!
12th November 2019, 01:24 AM |#14106  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
A simple question: should adaway block google ads in Google search results?
12th November 2019, 01:31 AM |#14107  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Not working on A-only device running on Android 10...
Is the latest version not compatible with Android 10 ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191112-055928.png
Views:	850
Size:	129.7 KB
ID:	4873599  
12th November 2019, 01:32 AM |#14108  
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XtraWater

A simple question: should adaway block google ads in Google search results?

Your first result should be ad based or suggestion ads and they block them for me.

Sent from my alphalm using XDA Labs
12th November 2019, 02:12 AM |#14109  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shtiff1

Your first result should be ad based or suggestion ads and they block them for me.

Thank you. Unfortunately thy won't blocked for me. I tried many different hosts and just re-installed adaway. Do yiu have an idea what I could do else? It started to show ads a few weeks ago.

Originally the 3 standard hosts were enough.

---------- Post added at 02:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shtiff1

I just figured found the issue and it's totally reproducable. The only questions is, how to solve it.

Im using Samsung Internet Browser. It doesn't block ads in dark mode. In standard mode it's fine. That's weird.
12th November 2019, 02:27 AM |#14110  
Thanks Meter: 2,423

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyjai

Is the latest version not compatible with Android 10 ?

It does work with A10. Start with, is the systemless hosts module installed in Magisk? Magisk manager -> settings -> tap on systemless hosts after install, reboot and try applying Adaway again.

What device?
12th November 2019, 02:28 AM |#14111  
Thanks Meter: 372

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmom

It does work with A10. Start with, is the systemless hosts module installed in Magisk? Magisk manager -> settings -> tap on systemless hosts after install, reboot and try applying Adaway again.

What device?

Systemless host module needs to be activated in magisk for adaway to be effective for systemless host file use

(09-09-18)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ad block, adaway, adblock, adblocker, source

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)