FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][2.0+] MiXplorer v6.x Released (fully-featured file manager)

5,643 posts
Thanks Meter: 29,814

By HootanParsa, Recognized Developer on 17th May 2011, 04:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th November 2019, 10:34 AM |#31371  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
When trying to open (or to create) 7z archives encrypted with password and with "encrypted filenames" option, MiXplorer is crashing. MiXplorer ver. 6.40.3 (18-October-2019), MiXArchive ver 3.5 B1911010
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vvilq For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vvilq Ad-Free
8th November 2019, 10:51 AM |#31372  
日本
Thanks Meter: 4,281

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvilq

When trying to open (or to create) 7z archives encrypted with password and with "encrypted filenames" option, MiXplorer is crashing. MiXplorer ver. 6.40.3 (18-October-2019), MiXArchive ver 3.5 B1911010

Confirmed in latest beta 6.41, and no trace of the crash in MiX's log.

Edit : Log from MatLog attached.

Attached Files
File Type: txt 20191108_185439.txt - [Click for QR Code] (3.9 KB, 20 views)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ultramanoid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ultramanoid Ad-Free
9th November 2019, 10:56 PM |#31373  

More
mixplorer's sql editor is constantly corrupting sqlite database .db-files when trying to edit and save them (confirmed multiple times on my Android 9 Pie). All that the sql editor can safely do - is only viewing the dbs . This is a warning for all - beware editing dbs with it!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vvilq For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vvilq Ad-Free
10th November 2019, 01:01 AM |#31374  
日本

More
Quote:

mixplorer's sql editor is constantly corrupting sqlite database .db-files when trying to edit and save them (confirmed multiple times on my Android 9 Pie). All that the sql editor can safely do - is only viewing the dbs. This is a warning for all - beware editing dbs with it!

May or may not be related... there's a bug in the code editor ( reported before I think, but can't find the post ) where selecting a chunk of text to copy only copies the visible part of it. ( Found out by corrupted Javascript I thought correctly copied from a web page to another. )

10th November 2019, 03:23 AM |#31375  

More
Quote:

mixplorer's sql editor is constantly corrupting sqlite database .db-files when trying to edit and save them (confirmed multiple times on my Android 9 Pie). All that the sql editor can safely do - is only viewing the dbs . This is a warning for all - beware editing dbs with it!

Moreover, the sql editor cannot edit the databases at all (it pretends that it edits them, but in fact it only corrupts them). For example - when you try to delete from a database's table some entries, then save, then exit sql editor, then open this db with the sql editor again - you'll discover that those (allegedly/falsely removed) entries are still there and were not actually deleted!!!! As a bonus, the database has been corrupted and cannot be used anymore with an app the database belongs to.
10th November 2019, 05:50 AM |#31376  
日本

More
7z fixed in 6.41 beta B19110810 + Archive add-on B1911090 !

٩(♡ε♡ )۶

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ultramanoid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ultramanoid Ad-Free
10th November 2019, 11:58 PM |#31377  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 29,814

More
A new build is uploaded. If there is any problem, please let me know.

MiX v6.41.0-B19110110

• Improved 7z compression performance with LZMA, LZ5, ... methods.
  • Added Boot Completed Permission to reset auto tasks alarms.
  • Fixed saving Epub tags with cover and Mobi tags with no cover.
  • Many other tiny improvements and fixes.

LOG How to report a bug
FAQ MiXplorer Q&A and FAQ (User Manual)
By @IronTechmonkey
The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to HootanParsa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th November 2019, 04:23 AM |#31378  

More
Quote:

Moreover, the sql editor cannot edit the databases at all (it pretends that it edits them, but in fact it only corrupts them). For example - when you try to delete from a database's table some entries, then save, then exit sql editor, then open this db with the sql editor again - you'll discover that those (allegedly/falsely removed) entries are still there and were not actually deleted!!!! As a bonus, the database has been corrupted and cannot be used anymore with an app the database belongs to.

did more tests. The problem is observed steadily on Android 9 Pie. On Android 8.1 Oreo, the Mixplorer's sql editor works perfectly, - no problems encountered.
Other DB editing apps work fine on my Android 9 Pie. So, this is a Mixplorer's issue.
11th November 2019, 05:09 AM |#31379  
Thanks Meter: 384

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HootanParsa

MiX v6.41.0-B19110110

• Many other tiny improvements and fixes.

With the 2 previously mentioned bugs still not fixed:
"Hex Viewer" wrong trailing display
"Image Viewer" crash on non-existent item

Another bug emerged in the meantime...

The "Copy to the clipboard" functionality appears to be broken (nothing copied) in this version, which affects many functions like "Copy path", "Copy name", ...
(working fine in the last v6.40 beta)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gdgsdg123 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gdgsdg123 Ad-Free
11th November 2019, 06:13 AM |#31380  
Thanks Meter: 384

More
Quote:

Fixed the ancient issue with closing the bookmarks drawer by swiping left.
MiXplorer_v6.41.0-Beta_B19110410

...I fear you introduced another bug in the meantime.

When adding tabs via long-tap on entries in the "Bookmarks" drawer, the only way to close the drawer is swipe left...

Similar behavior doesn't exist in the last v6.40 beta. (as the drawer self closes upon a tab is added)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gdgsdg123 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gdgsdg123 Ad-Free
11th November 2019, 10:19 AM |#31381  
Thanks Meter: 147

More
Quote:

MiXv6.41.0-B19110110

Improved 7z compression performance with LZMA, LZ5, ... methods.
Added Boot Completed Permission to reset auto tasks alarms.
Fixed saving Epub tags with cover and Mobi tags with no cover.
Many other tiny improvements and fixes.

LOGHow to report a bug
FAQMiXplorer Q&A and FAQ (User Manual)
By @IronTechmonkey

Auto task delete still not working

Sent from my motorola one zoom using XDA Labs
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
chm, cloud, encfs, epub, mix

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)