Thanks Meter: 22

By poseidon5213, Member on 26th April 2012, 06:43 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th November 2019, 03:59 AM |#19901  
Thanks Meter: 231

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell_Guy

Hoping for some advice. Need a phone for my dad.

Essentially, I am looking for the best possible phone that is compatible on Verizon that supports a headphone jack. He is on a pixel XL and loves it, although I want to upgrade him. For reasons too frustrating to explain, he is adamant about needing a headphone jack

I don't blame him for being adamant about needing a headphone jack. I use mine every single day.

What is it that he needs in an upgrade from the pixel? I have a pixel XL which I switched back to the OnePlus 5 mainly just because I needed dual Sims for work so I don't have to carry two phones. Other than that I didn't need to upgrade.
9th November 2019, 10:34 AM |#19902  
Thanks Meter: 89

More
LG V50 thin Q,
9th November 2019, 05:38 PM |#19903  
Thanks Meter: 411

More
Guys what you think of Mi9 Lite?Anyone uses it?As much i read,it seems the most affordable/completed midrange phone for me..
9th November 2019, 05:46 PM |#19904  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 48

Donate to Me
More
I need to buy a good phone in the coming couple of months
Need your suggestion.

My requirements :
  • Good camera
  • Decent ram speed to play latest multiplayer games (pubg, mobile legends, COD, etc)
  • Within 30, 0000 inr price range
  • Screen size not more than 5.4 inch
  • Good screen resolution (amoled will be good)
  • Clean OS and latest updates

Currently I was interested in pixel 3a xl and realme x2 pro
What are the other options I have?
And which 1 should I go for?
9th November 2019, 10:46 PM |#19905  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hello.
I would like to ask you for help with choosing a mobile. I would like to switch from Nokia Lumie 630 with "buried" Windows Phone 8.1.

Requirements: Android, preferably maximum $ 200-260, best price / performance ratio, fast processor, large battery (preferably 4000 mAh), at least 4 GB RAM / 64GB storage, quality design and nice display. The camera does not have to be a top on mobile (almost I do not use), I don't need NFC. Mainly to be a powerful, fast OS and handle it in the future. I am not concerned with the fingerprint reader and not with the unlocking of the face at all.

I have read the internet discussions here and still is everywhere recommended Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 (4GB / 64GB) as a TOP in the best price / performance ratio up to $ 260, -. Is it true? And how did this phone deserve such a good reputation? I like it, but I'd really like to pick the best (even a little over the price line if necessary, and if it's really worth it to pay extra), because the Nokia I mentioned was about 10 years old, he would certainly continue to serve, but his OS really is not sufficient for its slowness (it still crashes). I do not buy the phone often and so in today's "TOP" categories really do not know. I also looked at the Xiaomi RN8, 8 Pro 8 (T) and read that it was not worth the price, like the XRN7.

Or is better Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite? So I decide between Xiaomi Redmi note 7 and Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite. Alternatively, if you would suggest a different type of mobile phone that is worth extra.

(Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite) I don't want NFC. And how is it, please, with the AMOLED display? Should I be worried about pixel burnout or color degradation?

Thank you for any advice and assistance with the selection I value.
10th November 2019, 05:23 PM |#19906  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi!

I'm not a compete tech noob but new to phone privacy and security and would like some recommendation.

I bought a Galaxy s10+ a few weeks ago and after that I started to read up more about phone privacy and security.
After a lot of research I found out this is not the most privacy friendly phone in terms of installing a custom ROM.
I have 3 days left to return the s10 and decide which other phone to choose.
So if I want something 'similar' it would be something like the Oneplus 7 pro but for what I understand that this one is still not really well supported by lineage? Will the Oneplus 6 be a good option? Wait for official support for the s10?
Or other recommendations on a phone that will last for a while?

Thanks!
11th November 2019, 01:59 PM |#19907  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrine

Hello.
I would like to ask you for help with choosing a mobile. I would like to switch from Nokia Lumie 630 with "buried" Windows Phone 8.1.

Requirements: Android, preferably maximum $ 200-260, best price / performance ratio, fast processor, large battery (preferably 4000 mAh), at least 4 GB RAM / 64GB storage, quality design and nice display. The camera does not have to be a top on mobile (almost I do not use), I don't need NFC. Mainly to be a powerful, fast OS and handle it in the future. I am not concerned with the fingerprint reader and not with the unlocking of the face at all.

I have read the internet discussions here and still is everywhere recommended Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 (4GB / 64GB) as a TOP in the best price / performance ratio up to $ 260, -. Is it true? And how did this phone deserve such a good reputation? I like it, but I'd really like to pick the best (even a little over the price line if necessary, and if it's really worth it to pay extra), because the Nokia I mentioned was about 10 years old, he would certainly continue to serve, but his OS really is not sufficient for its slowness (it still crashes). I do not buy the phone often and so in today's "TOP" categories really do not know. I also looked at the Xiaomi RN8, 8 Pro 8 (T) and read that it was not worth the price, like the XRN7.

Or is better Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite? So I decide between Xiaomi Redmi note 7 and Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite. Alternatively, if you would suggest a different type of mobile phone that is worth extra.

(Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite) I don't want NFC. And how is it, please, with the AMOLED display? Should I be worried about pixel burnout or color degradation?

Thank you for any advice and assistance with the selection I value.

Note 7 pro is the best option or add a little more and buy Samsung m30s which has a decent processor and 6000mah battery
19th November 2019, 10:55 PM |#19908  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
hi all. Can you suggest me the best open device? I mean, i am searching for a good hardware device which enables to install good custom roms
22nd November 2019, 10:00 PM |#19909  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I'm looking for a cheap 7/8'' tablet with a good mod community, as i have to customize the rom

Are Mediacom like the following supported?
https://www.mediacomeurope.it/Prodot....aspx?XRI=2630
https://www.mediacomeurope.it/Prodot....aspx?XRI=2699
23rd November 2019, 01:34 PM |#19910  
Thanks Meter: 367

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gandalfcorvotempesta

I'm looking for a cheap 7/8'' tablet with a good mod community, as i have to customize the rom

Are Mediacom like the following supported?
https://www.mediacomeurope.it/Prodot....aspx?XRI=2630
https://www.mediacomeurope.it/Prodot....aspx?XRI=2699

I just got Xiaomi MI Tab 4 and am very happy with it.

It only comes with Chinese ROM but GApps can easily be installed unrooted with googleinstaller 3.0, or unlock bootloader, root and flash OpenGapps.

Plenty of custom ROMs for this too - I just flashed Android Quince Pudding (10.0) in LineageOS 17.0 beta for MI tab 4 (/plus), as it's already nearly bug free. (SELinux still permissive, but passes SafetyNet check for Official Netflix etc with Magisk module SafetyPatch v3 (in Magisk repo) loaded.)

Specs:
8.0" 1200x1920 pixel
13/5 MP
3/4GB RAM
Snapdragon 660 (octacore)
6000mAh

AliExpress have 5 models (2 colours): basic 3/32 GB WiFi model for $167 US, 4/64 LTE is $207, 4/128 LTE is $318. PW

Rider: the information above is accurate to the best of my knowledge... except the bit about Quince Pudding. Thats really quite horrible, but I'm sure some like it. Couldn't Google have taken a chance on the naming tradition? (And we could have had some Rhubarb tart, Sticky dates and Treacle syrup after!) Bit sad my latest phone OS is now so nondescript even if it works a treat...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pndwal For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pndwal Ad-Free
23rd November 2019, 04:28 PM |#19911  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
200 USD is more than twice my maximum budget
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)