What is your favourite Genre?

• Total voters
Search This thread

Dirk

May 11, 2009
Since the Breaking Bad movie "El Camino" had just been released, I realized that I hadn't watched any reruns of "Breaking Bad" lately. So I decided to start watching the entire Breaking Bad series in chronological order from the very beginning........ And guess what? This series is just as fantastic the second time around as it was the first! Simply Amazing.

Better Call Saul started good and has become excellent too. Mike plays a big part in that, along with other BB faves like Nacho. Can't wait for the new season. I liked El Camino too.

Dirk

May 11, 2009
TIFU

Working on a new site. NIce food facilities. Fill plate with nice fry-up Breakfast. Grab Salt & Pepper shakers. White and Brown contents. Apply to food.

Vanilla and Cinnemon. FML. :crying:

facepalm.jpg

The Nightingale:

"Set in 1825, Clare, a young Irish convict woman, chases a British officer through the rugged Tasmanian wilderness, bent on revenge for a terrible act of violence he committed against her family. On the way she enlists the services of an Aboriginal tracker named Billy, who is also marked by trauma from his own violence-filled past".

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4068576/?ref_=nv_sr_1?ref_=nv_sr_1

Up to now, Irish actress Aisling Franciosi has been better known for television series. Her first major film role and she totally nails it. Also has the voice of an angel. Well worth a watch. 8/10 (10/10 her performance)

husam666

Feb 6, 2010
Planet Omicron Persei 8
Battle for Sevastopol is a very good Russian film about one of the deadliest female snipers during WWII. Excellent film 8/10 only thing that bothered me is in the English parts, it sounded like they are dubbed, very weird fake British accent (Even though the set was supposed to be USA) and the voices didn't fit the characters, however the rest is brilliant.

Dirk

May 11, 2009
Battle for Sevastopol is a very good Russian film about one of the deadliest female snipers during WWII. Excellent film 8/10 only thing that bothered me is in the English parts, it sounded like they are dubbed, very weird fake British accent (Even though the set was supposed to be USA) and the voices didn't fit the characters, however the rest is brilliant.

I'm going to watch this today. It looks great!

V for Vendetta - Haven't seen this in years and had forgotten just how good it is. The film holds up really well. It looks great and sounds great. I love the performances, particularly the two leads. The films message is still on point and the story is simple but compelling. With November 5th coming up, why not give it a rewatch? 10/10

husam666

Feb 6, 2010
Planet Omicron Persei 8
I'm going to watch this today. It looks great!

V for Vendetta - Haven't seen this in years and had forgotten just how good it is. The film holds up really well. It looks great and sounds great. I love the performances, particularly the two leads. The films message is still on point and the story is simple but compelling. With November 5th coming up, why not give it a rewatch? 10/10
let me know what you think.

Thank you for making it clear why V for Vendetta is on the trending list. Completely slipped my mind.

simonbigwave

Nov 25, 2013
Rahasia
Since the Breaking Bad movie "El Camino" had just been released, I realized that I hadn't watched any reruns of "Breaking Bad" lately. So I decided to start watching the entire Breaking Bad series in chronological order from the very beginning........ And guess what? This series is just as fantastic the second time around as it was the first! Simply Amazing.
same here... I watched it two times already whole episodes.. a couple years ago... and now I want to watch it all over again a third time... I'm currently watching Sopranos again for third time..

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

I watched Doctor Sleep https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5606664/

It's great a 9/10 for me.
Some great now ideas.. Loved it. First half bit slow but it builds up to excellent second half to end. A must watch

I finished watching Chernobyl. For me was totally overrated. It's OK.. good but not great at all. Watchable. 6.5/10 for me.

Dolomite is my name : Eddy Murphy is back. Hilarious. 7.5/10 a silly but hilarious true story. About a man who went from failure to genius star.

47metres Down: Another shark movie. Illogical. Bad acting. Don't bother unless it's late at night and nothing else to watch. 5/10

I wanna watch "Ford vs Ferrari". Anyone seen it? Sounds good.

Last edited:

Wooman

Account currently disabled
Oct 3, 2019
Guys suggest me some good thriller movies.. bored because of holidays. (2018-2019)

Dirk

May 11, 2009
Guys suggest me some good thriller movies.. bored because of holidays. (2018-2019)

Check out 'Dragged Across Concrete'. It was one of the best movies this year! 'Sicario' is one of the best Thrillers of all time, or you could just delve into the Denis Villenueve filmography and watch them all. David Fincher is another master of the Genre, as is Park Chan-Wook.

Dirk

May 11, 2009
I am now watching on Comet TV "The incredible Two-headed transplant." If you're in the mood for a good laugh have a gander at this flick. You might actually recognize some now well-known actors!! (Bruce Dern for one)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067245/

Looks as bad as Frankenhooker!

Joker - Movie of the year. Outstanding performance from Phoenix. Just sublime. Perfect origin story. I thought it was a shame that they couldn't resist throwing in a wtf ending. People will debate endlessly what it means, but what it actually means is that they couldn't resist throwing it in there. FWIW, my own take on the ending below:

The ambulance hitting the police car, and the immediate aftermath of that, is pure fantasy. Nothing more than wish fulfillment. He can see the riot going on as the car passes, and the Wayne shooting happens, but in reality the police car carries him off to the asylum. At the end he kills the psychiatrist that he was speaking to, explaining the bloody footprints.

simonbigwave

Nov 25, 2013
Rahasia
Check out 'Dragged Across Concrete'. It was one of the best movies this year! 'Sicario' is one of the best Thrillers of all time, or you could just delve into the Denis Villenueve filmography and watch them all. David Fincher is another master of the Genre, as is Park Chan-Wook.
sounds good.. i might try find it check it out

Dirk

May 11, 2009
Locke - 9.5/10 probably the most original film I've seen. Not sure about the Welsh accent, but, as always, Tom Hardy was amazing.

Loved that movie. So much tension for such a simple film. Hardy nailed it. If you haven't seen it, The Drop was another movie he was in around the same time and was also excellent.

simonbigwave

Nov 25, 2013
Rahasia
Line of Duty. : Aaron Eckhart in a low budget movie with Polos from Breaking Bad guy. Their acting is good but wasted by the supporting actors and script. 6/10

Gemini Man : Bad acting. predictable story. Corny dialogue. 4/10

Room: Strange low budget nonsensical movie with Olga Kurylenko about different dimensions. Boring. 3/10

Portals : Bad acting low budget bad boring. waste of time. 2/10 don't bother.

Re-memory : Peter Dinklage in a low budget but good movie because has a few twists. Kinds like a Black Mirror movie. 7/10

Ford v Ferrari: Excellent action and acting by Christian Bale and Matt Damon. Realistic driving on track, great sound and cinematography, laugh out loud scenes. 9/10 a must watch especially if you like racing movies. Very realistic. ( Not like the fast and furious movie nonsense that became a joke unrealistic as more were made.)

Dirk

May 11, 2009
Once Upon A Time In Hollywood - Loved it. Just drops you into an almost fairytale version of Hollywood at the end of the Sixties and lets you revel in the sights and sounds. Lot's of Homage as can be expected. Tarantino's enthusiasm for the era is obvious. Despite that, it didn't feel self indulgent though. Robie, DiCaprio and Pitt are all outstanding. 9/10

Top 5 Movies of the year so far, (in no particular order):

Parasite
Dragged Across Concrete
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
Joker
The Nightingale

simonbigwave

Nov 25, 2013
Rahasia
The King (netflix) : excellent. 8/10 about king Henry

---------- Post added at 04:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 AM ----------

Once Upon A Time In Hollywood - Loved it. Just drops you into an almost fairytale version of Hollywood at the end of the Sixties and lets you revel in the sights and sounds. Lot's of Homage as can be expected. Tarantino's enthusiasm for the era is obvious. Despite that, it didn't feel self indulgent though. Robie, DiCaprio and Pitt are all outstanding. 9/10

Top 5 Movies of the year so far, (in no particular order):

Parasite
Dragged Across Concrete
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
Joker
The Nightingale
Thats interesting cos in beginning the reviews of once upon a time in Hollywood was not good.. But i will try watch it now after what u said about it

simonbigwave

Nov 25, 2013
Rahasia
Rambo v Last Blood : feels its like 1% Rambo 30% Evil Dead effects and 69% Home Alone movie. Stallone is ok but just bad story, bad other actors, bad script, silly story
3/10

Radio Flash : I liked Charlie from Lost actor.. but this movie just wastes the actors.. silly script and story 4/10

im looking forward to The Irishman movie now

Dirk

May 11, 2009
Good to know thks cps the reviews seemed very high.. overrated then..

btw
just watched Ready or Not
Ready or Not

I thought Ready or Not was pretty good. Became a little tiresome by the end though. Game Night is another of the same ilk for anyone looking for more of the same. I like Horror/Comedy, with Tucker & Dale vs Evil being the funniest of all time. Severance is pretty good too.

Freaks - New movie available now. Pretty compelling Horror/SciFi/Mystery flick with an abundance of tension. Interesting cast with all roles well played. The child actress was perfection.

TV roundup:

Servant - New M. Night Shaymalan series airing on Apple TV. Half-Hour episodes and well within the Directors oeuvre. Three episodes in and very enjoyable so far.

Mr. Robot - Fourth and final Season, and the best one yet. Every episode has knocked it out of the park, with one of the recent episodes highest rated ever on iMDB.

Rick & Morty - More of the same. Some episodes better than others, but all good.

The Watchmen - Fantastic adaptation from the Graphic Novel. It's incredibly good and shouldn't be overlooked. This is the one i look forward to all week.

His Dark Materials - I don't hate it, but i think i'm a bit older than the target audience.

Silicon Valley - More of the same. Still very funny, but needs to end soon to preserve it's legacy.

Can't wait for new Seasons of...

Better Call Saul
Westworld
Fargo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    uTDEUyf.png

The Movie Club rating system: (Thanks to LordManhattan)

- 10/10: Perfection
    - 9/10: Top quality
    - 8/10: High quality
    - 7/10: Highly watchable
    - 6/10: Watchable, but could've been better
    - 5/10: Wasted time
    - 4/10: Very bad
    - 3/10: Re-evaluate your life
    - 2/10: Burn the disc and never mention it again
    - 1/10: Shoot the director and happily serve the time

Movie Resources:

- IMDb
    - Rotten Tomatoes
    - A.V Club
    - Empire
    - Filmspotting
    - Film Junk

NO SPOILERS!

Please use
    tags if you want to post Spoilers, which includes telling people that a movie has a plot twist at the end!
    Here's me eating a scuba diver :D

a6bf8975-08cf-9a8d.jpg

Sent from my coffee pot.
    Some of you may have heard of the IMDb Top 250 Challenge, whereby you watch every movie on the list within a year. I've decided to do something similar, as a way to ensure that i am amply entertained over the coming months. I'm pretty certain i've seen most of what is on the list at present, but it'll be fun to watch the movies that i haven't, but should have seen. So that's what i am going to do!

To make it easier i've Excel'ed the list and printed a copy to make it easy ticking off the movies as i go. First i have to go through the list and mark off the ones i've already seen, and find out how many there are yet to see.

I've attached the list in case anybody else wants to make use of it.

Edit: Been having a play at the IMDb quiz's found on the Top 250 Page. They're pretty good fun!

So is drug resistant Tuberculosis but i'm in no hurry to catch it!