FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Did you find this thread useful?

Yes, it was very helpful to me.

1,610 Vote(s)
64.02%
No, I didn't feel it helped me.

416 Vote(s)
16.54%
I don't know.

489 Vote(s)
19.44%

[HELP THREAD] Ask ANY Question. Noob Friendly.

4,428 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,929

Post Reply Email Thread
13th November 2019, 08:21 PM |#44171  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

It depends. what model number do you have? What android version do you have? Rooted? Not rooted? Stock? Custom ROM?

Info man, give us as much info as you can.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

Anything?
14th November 2019, 03:00 AM |#44172  
Thanks Meter: 2,428

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benholder90

Anything?

Seems to me that you response is geared towards frustrating the person who is willing to help you. You were asked for specifics. Not much anyone can do if you won't provide any.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ktmom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmom Ad-Free
14th November 2019, 07:37 AM |#44173  
Flag London

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmom

Seems to me that you response is geared towards frustrating the person who is willing to help you. You were asked for specifics. Not much anyone can do if you won't provide any.

Seems to me that you didnt see my post with the specifics
The Following User Says Thank You to Benholder90 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Benholder90 Ad-Free
14th November 2019, 01:45 PM |#44174  

More
Quote:

Seems to me that you didnt see my post with the specifics

Your right, and now it's buried even further. In a thread like this, where there are multiple conversations going on, it's in your best interest to minimally quote or tag (@ symbol in front of their username) in any response.

For example, in your post that started this side conversation, you quoted droiddriven, but if you had also quoted your response, then adding your comment, it would be clear that you had responded and still needed assistance.

It will help you in the long run if you keep the flow connected.
The Following User Says Thank You to ktmom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmom Ad-Free
14th November 2019, 01:46 PM |#44175  
Quote:

Note 8, android 9, rooted, custom rom

Well, I don't have your device so I'm not familiar with what features and settings your device has. My intent was to see if there may be some kind of well-hidden setting for font size and icon size/appearance in your device settings somewhere. Some of my devices have had such settings built-in, including Samsung devices.

Sorry, but I can't find anything.

14th November 2019, 02:51 PM |#44176  
Flag London

More
Quote:

Well, I don't have your device so I'm not familiar with what features and settings your device has. My intent was to see if there may be some kind of well-hidden setting for font size and icon size/appearance in your device settings somewhere. Some of my devices have had such settings built-in, including Samsung devices.

Sorry, but I can't find anything.

Well I was more thinking of some third party app or something .. I remember on my old lg g3 there were some apps that could do it one was really good it was an xposed module
14th November 2019, 07:09 PM |#44177  
Thanks Meter: 731

More
Quote:

Well I was more thinking of some third party app or something .. I remember on my old lg g3 there were some apps that could do it one was really good it was an xposed module

I had this device, Samsung uses text well adapted to all users´liking unlike chinese devices that come in tiny (unreadable) text around the notification bar.

For normal users no more than three options are available; font size, dpi and width smaller in display settings or developer options.

Also you can try by tweaking some theme inside the json file where this is ruled but a quick solution probably is searching to other theme from Galaxy Themes or from a third party theme, you can take a look on this kind of thread where this could be discussed or eventually requested to the OP, this is just an example of some direction you can take https://forum.xda-developers.com/s10...xious-t3921645 I had never need to do this kind of modification so I was comfortable with the fonts from Samsung unlike others that I owned and actually own like Miui interface and also Huawei and more that use as opposite a tiny text.

I didn´t find nothing on Magisk repository but probably you can take a look on some Xposed module from there.

And I don´t remember well if in pie is disabled installing some third party fonts otherwise some fonts come by default smaller than others.
17th November 2019, 08:13 PM |#44178  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hello
Rooting noob here, used to do rooting back in the days of samsung galaxy s3 haven't done any rooting ever since.
I want to root my redmi note 4 , but i am skeptical about whether the banking and payment apps( like google pay ,paytm etc) would work correctly on a rooted device with a custom rom installed ?
18th November 2019, 12:30 PM |#44179  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyld3_

Hello
Rooting noob here, used to do rooting back in the days of samsung galaxy s3 haven't done any rooting ever since.
I want to root my redmi note 4 , but i am skeptical about whether the banking and payment apps( like google pay ,paytm etc) would work correctly on a rooted device with a custom rom installed ?

It all depends on the bank app, but generally speaking, if they are a problem to hide from root, then the unlocked bootloader is the first thing they trigger on. So rooting with Magisk and using its various features may be the only way to pass CTS and SafetyNet after installing a custom ROM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ktmom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmom Ad-Free
18th November 2019, 06:15 PM |#44180  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmom

It all depends on the bank app, but generally speaking, if they are a problem to hide from root, then the unlocked bootloader is the first thing they trigger on. So rooting with Magisk and using its various features may be the only way to pass CTS and SafetyNet after installing a custom ROM.

Thank you
19th November 2019, 01:01 AM |#44181  
Flag London

More
So sorry again for just getting back now, been very busy lately with work the past few days, early starts and late finishes. Even encountered a scenario where my HTC One S (backup phone) failed me as I was closr to getting lost and another being late for work. The extreme sluggish performance and battery drain is killing me

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubwayChamp

It´s not the same, definitely you didn´t otherwise you´d remember it so this is done intentionally (with a specific purpose)

Anyway this don´t lead you to anywhere so you have locked bootloader, no root so no way to dump through adb commands.

At least this is clear now, my mind has been clouded with lack of work due to work, and me being quite miserable lately We won't be pursuing this method then.

Quote:

No way to know for certain the level of brick till you try to recover it using EDL/download method. It could be that the motherboard is actually totally damaged due to an overheat just to give you an example but again just trying to flash something in bricked mode you´ll know this.

Well to summarise my phone as said in my original thread, casually went on my phone (whilst charger still plugged) after my sleep was broken, the phone literally just froze as I was scrolling down my facebook timeline, a video was playing (as they do automatically) left it on that part for a few seconds, it froze, no response on anything on the screen and buttons, couldn't lock, thus forced powered off by holding the power/lock button for a good few seconds, it powered off and tried to power on with the same button, nothing...even til this day.
All of this happened in the middle of the night

What level of brickage can you determine from this now?
And if the motherboard was totally damaged, it would or wouldn't recognise a QUSB_BULK device?

Quote:

As I said before I don´t think that a dumper tool without a proper hardware can do the miracle so this would be the better option at the end....BUT try searching for some dumper tool and just can tell you how you can guide you about which tool could work for you.....:

Your device according this site is powered by a snapdragon 835 https://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_8_sirocco-9087.php so the Mobile Plattform is MSM8998, then if you find some tool and a list of devices supported although is not specifically your device you´ll have to check that some of them have also the same specs at this point.

You can try to dump any partition that the tool could claim to be capable and this by itself doesn´t have to erase nothing (don´t fear about your data) but this will depend in how reliable the tool is.

I will try to look for a dumper tool that can support MSM8998, however I came across this awhile back and realised it doesn't use any hardware/device/box for unbrick (and dumping I believe).
Please have a quick look and tell me what you think or how legit it is: https://www.droidsavvy.com/unbrick-qualcomm-mobiles/

Quote:

This is the right status detection for qualcomm download mode; not QHUSB_BULK that is an old Q9006 but a Qdloader 9008 as the images reflect. But don´t open in this window but go to PC/Administrate and open Device Manager to get a better vision on the drivers installed and you´ll see your device detected under PORTS (COM and LPT)

I have opened this in Device Manager, it originally came up as an unknown QUSB_BULK device with no driver. I did a quick research, found and installed the Qualcomm Drivers from this site: https://xiaomibuzz.com/downloads/dow...sb-driver.html
I used the files in there for the unknown QUSB_BULK device and now it comes up Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (COM10).
As what was shown in the attached image.

Did I do the right thing?
Is this a good or a bad thing??

Quote:

The way is very clear and the chances are there.

First you need to do is search for a dumper tool and try to dump I think specifically userdata partition so you have to take in account as I said before that this by itself can´t damage your device.

The next would be seeing if the tool is compatible with your MSM otherwise the tool can´t do it.

What´s the next?, pc recognised it, it´s ok but the tool doesn´t recognice it; it´s not so good.
At this point you´ll determine how many tools you want to try before to take the next step...

Quote:

I'm not sure if granting USB access to internal storage is enough for the level that you are trying to access. Granting access to internal storage is pretty much only access to /data/media. You are trying to retreive data from areas that are not considered "internal storage".

This got me really curious, usually any tool (or software) would recognise hardware via USB, but since it doesn't, how would any of them access the phone if there isn't anything to recognise?

As always everyone, really appreciate your time and I always look forward to your kind posts 🙏
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, beginner, confused, guidance, help needed, help thread, lost, newbie, noob, questions and answers

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)