595 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,832

Post Reply Email Thread
14th November 2019, 12:33 AM |#14141  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmom

We might be able to help if you were specific. Are you using Magisk? Which version? Did you enable systemless hosts in Magisk settings? Reboot afterwards?

Which version of Adaway?

Magisk 20.1, adaway 4.3; well, the systemless host did the trick, thank u very much.
The Following User Says Thank You to kmry For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kmry Ad-Free
14th November 2019, 10:45 AM |#14142  
Flag Lahore
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Been hearing rumors that YouTube will be banning accounts for users with ad blocker software. Is this true? And if so. How to whitelist YouTube in adaway or any workaround coming for it?
14th November 2019, 11:42 AM |#14143  
Thanks Meter: 1,214

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahroze

Been hearing rumors that YouTube will be banning accounts for users with ad blocker software. Is this true? And if so. How to whitelist YouTube in adaway or any workaround coming for it?

AdAway does not block ads in YT, you need Vanced (root app or Magisk module)

In AdAway you cannot whitelist per apps, in DNS66 you can (and it works without root but it keeps its own VPN connection)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zgfg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zgfg Ad-Free
15th November 2019, 07:45 AM |#14144  
I am having a problem with adaway. It blocks ads everywhere in the OS except for chrome. I've ensured data saver is not on and I've even unchecked and rebooted and then rechecked the systemless module, cleared data/cache on chrome, uninstalled/installed adaway and updated to the most recent version with no luck. I am on the November patch Android 10 on my Pixel 3. It doesn't matter if I'm on Wi-Fi or data ads are not blocked in chrome. Any help I can get will be greatly appreciated.
15th November 2019, 09:17 AM |#14145  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYNO20

I am having a problem with adaway. It blocks ads everywhere in the OS except for chrome. I've ensured data saver is not on and I've even unchecked and rebooted and then rechecked the systemless module, cleared data/cache on chrome, uninstalled/installed adaway and updated to the most recent version with no luck. I am on the November patch Android 10 on my Pixel 3. It doesn't matter if I'm on Wi-Fi or data ads are not blocked in chrome. Any help I can get will be greatly appreciated.

For Chrome you need additional procedure as described here:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/mat...7/post80526823
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zgfg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zgfg Ad-Free
15th November 2019, 10:33 AM |#14146  
Flag Calcutta
Thanks Meter: 1,951

More
Hi, I'm a long time AdAway user, but never posted here. As it would block Ads almost anywhere including YouTube app too I think. But now it doesn't work on YouTube app (hasn't been blocking any ads within the app for a while though), but also for Chrome it does block the ads., but the space consumed by those ads still remain as an empty, white space! Is there a way i can have them removed? Please refer to the screenshots to see what I'm talking about.

Also additional query, if there's any thing better than Adaway which will block ads for everything on my phone then please mention. I would not prefer one of those VPN rerouting type of apps though.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191112-171512.png
Views:	702
Size:	133.8 KB
ID:	4876763   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191112-171504.png
Views:	708
Size:	234.9 KB
ID:	4876765  
15th November 2019, 10:57 AM |#14147  
Flag Dortmund
Thanks Meter: 720

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ithehappy

Hi, I'm a long time AdAway user, but never posted here. As it would block Ads almost anywhere including YouTube app too I think. But now it doesn't work on YouTube app (hasn't been blocking any ads within the app for a while though), but also for Chrome it does block the ads., but the space consumed by those ads still remain as an empty, white space! Is there a way i can have them removed? Please refer to the screenshots to see what I'm talking about.

Also additional query, if there's any thing better than Adaway which will block ads for everything on my phone then please mention. I would not prefer one of those VPN rerouting type of apps though.

I can't help you concerning the white space.

If you want to block ads from YouTube on your phone, you'll need a modded version of the app. Look for "Vanced YouTube" here on xda, I got it running as a Magisk module and it's working like a charm. Adblocking and some fancy additional features.
The Following User Says Thank You to smint86 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift smint86 Ad-Free
15th November 2019, 11:07 AM |#14148  

More
Quote:

I don't have empty spaces in Chrome, see #14145 from an hour ago (but it may depend on Web page you're reading)
For YT it was also answered yesterday, #14143
The Following User Says Thank You to zgfg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zgfg Ad-Free
15th November 2019, 01:37 PM |#14149  
Thanks Meter: 2,422

More
Quote:

The empty space in websites is the websites programming to hold a consistent space for the ad. Adaway can't make that space collapse, but a add-on in a browser called uBlock can. It's not available, AFAIK, for the mobile chrome, but there are chrome based browsers like Kiwi browser that can run add-ons. I use Firefox based browsers which also accept add-ons.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ktmom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmom Ad-Free
15th November 2019, 03:36 PM |#14150  
Thanks Meter: 119

More
adguard can do that as well
16th November 2019, 09:32 AM |#14151  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hi,
I have a problem with setting adaway up after updating to android 10
oneplus 7pro
magisk 20.1
adaway 4.3.0

I have magisk systemless hosts module enabled but still see adds in some apps, where there were none when I was on pie.

I did multiple reinstalations, cache clears but no success.
Any help will be apreciated. Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ad block, adaway, adblock, adblocker, source

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)