Jun 15, 2010
Munich
www.bestblog.de
Last edited:

teppic74

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 5, 2010
London
That does contain a radio update from 2.09.405.8, and updates HBOOT to 0.93, and changes the kernel too.

-16-

Nov 16, 2008
For me the HBoot was updated from 0.92 to 0.93.

Edit: There was some1 faster...

teppic74

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 5, 2010
London
There are a few fixes in it. HTC's announcement is a bit vague:

Update Information: 1.Android OS update patch 2.Enhanced multi inbox Gmail support 3.Improved Russia keyboard layout

mmaacc

Jul 28, 2008
New OTA Update for the EU was released today. But it has the old Radio and no further changes, except the working PEEP Twitter Client ;)
AFAIK the older Peep is working again also, so the folks at Twitter just loosened their leash. *wondering if HTC gave some kind of incentive* :p

RavenAlias

Mar 25, 2009
hi all. i have 2.09.405.8.
Can i install this new ota update manually? My desire is not rooted.
How can i install it?

thx

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
Yes, download it rename it update.zip (not update.zip.zip, mind!!) and put it on your SD card

Boot into HBOOT, select recovery and once you get to the red ! hold volume up and press power and select 'Apply SD:update.zip' and it will install

masi0

Jan 27, 2008
Warsaw
Yes, download it rename it update.zip (not update.zip.zip, mind!!) and put it on your SD card

Boot into HBOOT, select recovery and once you get to the red ! hold volume up and press power and select 'Apply SD:update.zip' and it will install

i believe that for now on there is no way to downgrade 0.93 or even root?

CSCAGNELLI

Jul 23, 2007
Sydney
hi guys,

I try to do downgrade because of the wifi problem, but i`m unable to go to recovery mode.

i`m using froyo 2.10.405.2 with gold card

mcgon1979

Apr 9, 2010
I have a normal unrooted and unbranded desire. I have copied the update.zip on the SD card. How do I enter the recovery mode?

mcgon1979

Apr 9, 2010
I have a normal unrooted and unbranded desire. I have copied the update.zip on the SD card. How do I enter the recovery mode?

1. Download the official firmware update.
2. Copy the file to your microSD card and name it update.zip (newb warning: not update.zip.zip)
3. Power off your phone.
4. Hold down the VOLUME DOWN button and power it back on.
5. The phone will now search for files like PB00IMG.zip, etc. This is normal. Scroll down to recovery and press the POWER button.
6. When you see the /!\ symbol, press the POWER button and the Volume Up button at the same time. You should be presented with a menu and one of the options should be "Apply sdcard:update.zip".
7. Use the trackball to navigate to "apply sdcard:update.zip" and select it.
8. When you see "Install from sdcard complete", select "reboot system now".

Via Sebaztian at xda Via Nickedynick over at Vodafone forums.

Raven[PT]

Jun 28, 2009
1. Download the official firmware update.
2. Copy the file to your microSD card and name it update.zip (newb warning: not update.zip.zip)
3. Power off your phone.
4. Hold down the VOLUME DOWN button and power it back on.
5. The phone will now search for files like PB00IMG.zip, etc. This is normal. Scroll down to recovery and press the POWER button.
6. When you see the /!\ symbol, press the POWER button and the Volume Up button at the same time. You should be presented with a menu and one of the options should be "Apply sdcard:update.zip".
7. Use the trackball to navigate to "apply sdcard:update.zip" and select it.
8. When you see "Install from sdcard complete", select "reboot system now".

Via Sebaztian at xda Via Nickedynick over at Vodafone forums.

I get ""signature verification failed" while updating, and the update process is aborted .....

Does anyone knows what this means?

F0l3ert

Jan 1, 2008
Toronto
I get ""signature verification failed" while updating, and the update process is aborted .....

Does anyone knows what this means?

I'm getting the same issue actually. I tried both downloading OTA, and this file, but same issue.

Edit: It's due to the phone being rooted, so either wait until someone smarter than me uploads a rooted version rom, or un-root.

Last edited:

wahur1

Feb 1, 2007
guys i have downloaded the file and i have the Goldcard which i made earlier when i was updating to froyo from Eclair.

can i use that old GOLDCARD or i need to make a new one ?
please help ?

andrew2106

May 3, 2010
guys i have downloaded the file and i have the Goldcard which i made earlier when i was updating to froyo from Eclair.

can i use that old GOLDCARD or i need to make a new one ?
please help ?

I can confirm that you can use the same goldard. Just successfully updated debranded, non-rooted t-mobile Desire to build 2.10.405.2

diggott

Aug 2, 2010
Poole
Rooted version ?

Hi,
Is anyone working on a rooted version of 2.09.405.8 ?
To be honest I'm not that worried about root but I guess as what I have on here is a rooted ROM I'll have to wait till I can put one on.

I had the OTA notification but it failed in Clockworkmod.

Excuse my ignorance but If I do load this ROM will it wipe everything? The OTA update says it will retain all your data but obviously doing it this way it's a bit different I guess?

volapyk

Jun 17, 2010
twitter.com
HTC updates usually don't wipe but it's always recommended to backup.

Normally flashing roms from clockworkmod does not wipe unless you select wipe in the menu.

Anyway. Do a nandroid backup from clockworkmod before flashing just in case.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
Hi,
Is anyone working on a rooted version of 2.09.405.8 ?
To be honest I'm not that worried about root but I guess as what I have on here is a rooted ROM I'll have to wait till I can put one on.

I had the OTA notification but it failed in Clockworkmod.

Excuse my ignorance but If I do load this ROM will it wipe everything? The OTA update says it will retain all your data but obviously doing it this way it's a bit different I guess?

You can't apply the OTA to a rooted phone, you need to go back to stock and do it again. Easier to just use the 2.10.405.2 RUU and then root it again