FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOLS][ZIPS][SCRIPTS] osm0sis' Odds and Ends [Multiple Devices/Platforms]

13,801 posts
Thanks Meter: 30,579
 
By osm0sis, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 18th April 2013, 01:37 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
15th November 2019, 06:30 PM |#2521  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 85
 
More
I am doing an ota-update. Phone boots to TWRP and flashes the Lineage OS Rom-Nightly. After that it flashes magisk and then your script start but ends up with exit code 127. My phone is Samsung Galaxy S3Neo GT-I9301I. Where can I find the log?
15th November 2019, 06:37 PM |#2522  
osm0sis's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Halifax
Thanks Meter: 30,579
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humaxxx

Hello @osm0sis. Thanks for your work. I have tried your script flashafterupdate. I copied the script to system/addon.d and a zip-file in /data/flashafterupdate. But after doing ota-update (LOS16) in TWRP it shows failed with exit code 127. What am I doing wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by osm0sis

What shows failed? 99-flashafterupdate.sh has ui_print or echo output, was there anything in the log? Was /data mounted and decrypted? Is your device A/B slot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humaxxx

I am doing an ota-update. Phone boots to TWRP and flashes the Lineage OS Rom-Nightly. After that it flashes magisk and then your script start but ends up with exit code 127. My phone is Samsung Galaxy S3Neo GT-I9301I. Where can I find the log?

You haven't answered any of my questions. You say my script starts, but does it show anything on screen in TWRP?

Your device probably has recovery logs in /cache/recovery since it's older.
15th November 2019, 06:47 PM |#2523  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 85
 
More
I didn't answer your questions because I don't know it. I had a look in cache/recovery. There is nothing important. I try to put my zip file in sdcard/FlashAfterUpdate and try again
15th November 2019, 08:20 PM |#2524  
kevintm78's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,282
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humaxxx

I didn't answer your questions because I don't know it. I had a look in cache/recovery. There is nothing important. I try to put my zip file in sdcard/FlashAfterUpdate and try again

When you're booted in Twrp, check in advanced settings/copy log. Select that and it should copy the log to your internal sdcard. If no setting for log check in cache/recovery again and check for the log again. There's no other way of knowing what's going wrong.
15th November 2019, 08:56 PM |#2525  
osm0sis's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Halifax
Thanks Meter: 30,579
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevintm78

When you're booted in Twrp, check in advanced settings/copy log. Select that and it should copy the log to your internal sdcard. If no setting for log check in cache/recovery again and check for the log again. There's no other way of knowing what's going wrong.

I told him to tell me what shows on screen in TWRP during flash but he hasn't answered that either.
15th November 2019, 09:13 PM |#2526  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 85
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevintm78

When you're booted in Twrp, check in advanced settings/copy log. Select that and it should copy the log to your internal sdcard. If no setting for log check in cache/recovery again and check for the log again. There's no other way of knowing what's going wrong.

I have copied the log to external sdcard and add it here, but for me it seems ok. There was also dmesg.log, but for me it seems ok too.
Attached Files
File Type: log recovery.log - [Click for QR Code] (21.1 KB, 4 views)
15th November 2019, 09:16 PM |#2527  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 85
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by osm0sis

I told him to tell me what shows on screen in TWRP during flash but he hasn't answered that either.

I can't remember every word, but it was as i tried to explain. After OTA-Update starts TWRP it flashes the Nightly-Rom, then flashes Magisk and then your script starts and try to flash my zip-file, which i have put in /data/flashafterupdate, but then it fails. Its printed out the code you put in your script:" ...Failed! Exit code " And exit code was 127
The Following User Says Thank You to Humaxxx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Humaxxx Ad-Free
16th November 2019, 12:38 AM |#2528  
osm0sis's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Halifax
Thanks Meter: 30,579
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humaxxx

I can't remember every word, but it was as i tried to explain. After OTA-Update starts TWRP it flashes the Nightly-Rom, then flashes Magisk and then your script starts and try to flash my zip-file, which i have put in /data/flashafterupdate, but then it fails. Its printed out the code you put in your script:" ...Failed! Exit code " And exit code was 127

Now see, that was actually useful. Please try to provide better information in the future. If you had said that at the beginning it would have wasted much less of all of our time (yours included).

So, all that output means is that whatever zip you tried to flash with it failed to flash. My script worked fine and reported that to you.

P.S. For future reference, the recovery.log you uploaded was from the current recovery session you took it from, not the OTA session, which is why it's basically empty.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th November 2019, 03:37 AM |#2529  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Missing Busybox Applets
There are a bunch of applets that are normally in busybox 1.31, but are missing from your distribution.

Most of the missing applets are explained in the github README.

However there are some missing applets that are either listed there as included, or not mentioned at all. They are:
  • bootchartd
  • chpst
  • dpkg
  • dpkg-deb
  • envdir
  • envuidgid
  • halt
  • i2ctransfer
  • init
  • linuxrc
  • lpd
  • lpq
  • lpr
  • readahead
  • rpm
  • rpm2cpio
  • runsv
  • runsvdir
  • softlimit
  • sv
  • svlogd
  • taskset
  • w

Is the readme out of date? Are those applets supposed to be included?
16th November 2019, 05:07 AM |#2530  
osm0sis's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Halifax
Thanks Meter: 30,579
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnBeyondBeing

There are a bunch of applets that are normally in busybox 1.31, but are missing from your distribution.

Most of the missing applets are explained in the github README.

However there are some missing applets that are either listed there as included, or not mentioned at all. They are:

  • bootchartd
  • chpst
  • dpkg
  • dpkg-deb
  • envdir
  • envuidgid
  • halt
  • i2ctransfer
  • init
  • linuxrc
  • lpd
  • lpq
  • lpr
  • readahead
  • rpm
  • rpm2cpio
  • runsv
  • runsvdir
  • softlimit
  • sv
  • svlogd
  • taskset
  • w

Is the readme out of date? Are those applets supposed to be included?

Your point? "Missing" is a pretty strong word to use about something built from a fully customizable configuration, and arguably most of those are totally useless on Android. Is there some specific applet you have a use for which you would like included, or are you just nitpicking?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th November 2019, 06:05 AM |#2531  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 760
 
More
@osm0sis
I've been meaning to ask for a few weeks now.
Definitely not nitpicking but a request if possible.
Seems good old fashion zip is gone in SDK29.
Might be a question/request for busybox team but, could you include a zip binary in your busybox builds?
The Following User Says Thank You to ipdev For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ipdev Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
automation, batch, flashable zip, script, tool

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes