FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Was this thread helpful?

Yes, I am happy with the replies.

1,178 Vote(s)
59.17%
Yes, kind of.

471 Vote(s)
23.66%
No, needs improvement.

342 Vote(s)
17.18%

[Ask Any Question][Newbie Friendly]

13,549 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,769

By Droidriven, Senior Member on 29th April 2013, 01:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
15th November 2019, 05:48 PM |#29831  
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingThePepe

I already asked this question here but I will try to resume what I really want. So, I have an old app and everytime I open this app I get a pop up telling me to update so I wanted a way to bypass this "pop up", I didn't find anything in the whole forum about that, if you know anything that can help me with that I will be very thankful. Thank you.

Sorry for the bad english

There is a difference between blocking the pop-up and faking the app version.

If your device is rooted, you might can try using the Disable Service app from the PlayStore to disable the update check/updater service in the app.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
15th November 2019, 05:54 PM |#29832  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

There is a difference between blocking the pop-up and faking the app version.

If your device is rooted, you might can try using the Disable Service app from the PlayStore to disable the update check/updater service in the app.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

Yes my device is rooted, can you explain how to do that please ?
15th November 2019, 07:31 PM |#29833  
Flag Milano
Thanks Meter: 310

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dany XP

Random shutdowns
Guys I need help: using a moto z2 force with lineage since a week (bought it brand new from eBay for cheap). I'm experiencing random shutdowns while in idle (not while using it)
I don't think it's hardware related, I try to tilt and shake the phone and it's still on (not battery contact problem). I saved logcat as soon as I reboot it after shutdown: https://drive.google.com/file/d/137W...w?usp=drivesdk

Sorry to insist guys, but does somebody know how to read dsmg and tell me what's wrong with my phone?
15th November 2019, 08:55 PM |#29834  
Mad World
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Hello.. dear anyone.. any guide to add CRT OFF animation on miui rom?
15th November 2019, 08:56 PM |#29835  
Thanks Meter: 2,424

More
Quote:

I already asked this question here but I will try to resume what I really want. So, I have an old app and everytime I open this app I get a pop up telling me to update so I wanted a way to bypass this "pop up", I didn't find anything in the whole forum about that, if you know anything that can help me with that I will be very thankful. Thank you.

Sorry for the bad english

This was discussed earlier in this thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmom

That's a pretty effective way to require app updates. My banking app does that.

I've never tried, but clearing data and cache for the app (plus maybe play store & services) and only opening it with internet disabled, might prevent it from knowing there is an update. If that works, breaking (detaching) the market link might keep it that way... until the next reboot or app is installed.

The possibility to detach from market is dependant on device and OS, plus if your rooted. The easiest way might be to use Titanium Backup (I think pro is required) which has a built in method to detach from market, and can be run on a schedule to keep breaking the link that automagically heals itself. TiBu requires root.

15th November 2019, 09:19 PM |#29836  

More
Quote:

This was discussed earlier in this thread...

Can you give me the page please?
15th November 2019, 10:08 PM |#29837  

More
Quote:

Can you give me the page please?

All you have to do is click on the arrow thingy in the post I quoted. It will take you back in time The link to the post is slightly different depending on what app or if you're using a browser, but it's either up-facing or right-facing, might be top right or next to the name of the person quoted.
15th November 2019, 10:10 PM |#29838  

More
Quote:

All you have to do is click on the arrow thingy in the post I quoted. It will take you back in time The link to the post is slightly different depending on what app or if you're using a browser, but it's either up-facing or right-facing, might be top right or next to the name of the person quoted.

Oh okay, thank you and sorry I am still new thank you
15th November 2019, 10:49 PM |#29839  

More
Quote:

Oh okay, thank you and sorry I am still new thank you

No worries. This is one of those, "there are no dumb questions" threads

Though I've been known to give dumb answers

---------- Post added at 16:49 ---------- Previous post was at 16:16 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahdy666

Hello.. dear anyone.. any guide to add CRT OFF animation on miui rom?

I think you have to edit the /system/framework/framework-res.apk. If I'm not mistaken, I think this animation was drawn by openGL, rather than actually being a a gif.
@DiamondJohn, any ideas?
The Following User Says Thank You to ktmom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmom Ad-Free
16th November 2019, 01:55 AM |#29840  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 2,028

More
Quote:

Hey, thanks for your reply. To answer you, i'v been using this older app a week ago and everything was working just the way I wanted but I made the mistake to update it that is why i know for sure that there wont be any roadblocks. Thank you.

From the little information you have, its hard to tell if its a message from the Play Store or the app itself has a little "call home" feature to check you are on the latest version. I would try going into Airplane mode (ie turn all network access off, and make sure the app is not already running) and see if the message still pops-up. If it still does, then the app may have an internal countdown type of thingy to ensure you update it. A lot more investigation would be needed to nail it down, or you could get lucky. If its a "call home", check the adaway thread (https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2190753) for DNS logging to find a possible host you could block to circumvent the "call-home" check. Search the web by app name and problem, someone else may already have a solution.

Quote:

No worries. This is one of those, "there are no dumb questions" threads

That almost sounds like a challenge!

Quote:

I think you have to edit the /system/framework/framework-res.apk. If I'm not mistaken, I think this animation was drawn by openGL, rather than actually being a a gif.
@DiamondJohn, any ideas?

The two paths I would investigate are using XPosed or editing the source and building from source. I have not messed with editing APK's, and it sounds like a pretty complicated change to make via editing the APK. i.e. it would be compiled java not a simple resource swap.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DiamondJohn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DiamondJohn Ad-Free
16th November 2019, 02:33 AM |#29841  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondJohn

From the little information you have, its hard to tell if its a message from the Play Store or the app itself has a little "call home" feature to check you are on the latest version. I would try going into Airplane mode (ie turn all network access off, and make sure the app is not already running) and see if the message still pops-up. If it still does, then the app may have an internal countdown type of thingy to ensure you update it. A lot more investigation would be needed to nail it down, or you could get lucky. If its a "call home", check the adaway thread (https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2190753) for DNS logging to find a possible host you could block to circumvent the "call-home" check. Search the web by app name and problem, someone else may already have a solution.

Hello, thank you so much for this reply and detailed informations. To tell you the truth I already tried going into airplane mode and when I go to airplane mode I get another "pop up" that tells me that the app can't work because I am not connected to a network and when I get back to WiFi the app "refresh" itself and just give me that other pop up again to tell me to update. I will definitly go look that thread and try to find a solution, if you have anything else for me I will be very thankful. Again, I am really noob with android's and stuff like that, I know whats a DNS and stuff but I dont think I can try to find anything about that by myself. Thank you very much again.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, bricked phone, cwm roms and kernels, help thread, noob, noob friendly, question, rcs in action

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)