FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][2.0+] MiXplorer v6.x Released (fully-featured file manager)

5,643 posts
Thanks Meter: 29,800

By HootanParsa, Recognized Developer on 17th May 2011, 04:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th November 2019, 03:43 PM |#31451  
Flag Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 985

Donate to Me
More
Windows Explorer Black Red
Windows Explorer Black Red is now live!
You can check the theme thread here
Screenshot[/IMG]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Captura__20191117_104021_pixel_quite_black_portrait.jpg
Views:	916
Size:	190.5 KB
ID:	4878955  
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to marciozomb13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift marciozomb13 Ad-Free
17th November 2019, 04:41 PM |#31452  
Flag Kharkov
Thanks Meter: 23

More
I have endless screen refresh cycle (red flashing). If you enable the "developer options -> show screen updates" in the android settings. I DO NOT TOUCH THE SCREEN. Android 8, Lg g7 thinq. What could be the problem? (How can I show this problem on video?)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ZeeXor For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ZeeXor Ad-Free
17th November 2019, 05:05 PM |#31453  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 8,267

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeXor

I have endless screen refresh cycle (red flashing). If you enable the "developer options -> show screen updates" in the android settings. I DO NOT TOUCH THE SCREEN. Android 8, Lg g7 thinq. What could be the problem? (How can I show this problem on video?)

That (may have) has nothing to do with MIXplorer* which is the intended topic of this thread but, that's exactly what happens when you enable the "show surface (screen) updates". Note: There are many things which will update the surface even when we are not interacting with the device. You might want to do some general research about that setting and search for threads about it. If you think there is some connection between what you are seeing and MiXplorer then you would want to provide more detail.

*Now I see what you mean. MiXplorer does cause a continuous very rapid refresh even with no interaction with the device, far more than any other app (excluding video playback). I don't know if that's normal but I do wonder about resource consumption. Interesting observation.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
17th November 2019, 05:15 PM |#31454  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hi everyone! Can someone please show me how to enable write access to sd card. I'm on Samsung pie. I can delete or rename files in the sd card using the built in file manager but I can't do it with mixplorer ... please help...sorry for my English.
17th November 2019, 06:08 PM |#31455  
Flag Kharkov

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronTechmonkey

That (may have) has nothing to do with MIXplorer* which is the intended topic of this thread but, that's exactly what happens when you enable the "show surface (screen) updates". Note: There are many things which will update the surface even when we are not interacting with the device. You might want to do some general research about that setting and search for threads about it. If you think there is some connection between what you are seeing and MiXplorer then you would want to provide more detail.

*Now I see what you mean. MiXplorer does cause a continuous very rapid refresh even with no interaction with the device, far more than any other app (excluding video playback). I don't know if that's normal but I do wonder about resource consumption. Interesting observation.

You are right, I meant it. I’m uploaded the video to YouTube (showing a bug). In the screenshot, the CPU load is 47% (in termux, command - top).
Many people also have this problem.

Dear @HootanParsa, please fix this bug)

https://dl.xda-developers.com/4/8/7/...&ts=1574010395
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-11-17-18-19-23.jpg
Views:	494
Size:	187.6 KB
ID:	4879049  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ZeeXor For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ZeeXor Ad-Free
17th November 2019, 10:17 PM |#31456  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Realy good work man! All my respect
The Following User Says Thank You to FabriFabri For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FabriFabri Ad-Free
17th November 2019, 11:09 PM |#31457  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:

You are right, I meant it. I’m uploaded the video to YouTube (showing a bug). In the screenshot, the CPU load is 47% (in termux, command - top).
Many people also have this problem.

Dear @HootanParsa, please fix this bug)

https://dl.xda-developers.com/4/8/7/...&ts=1574010395

It may be Android version specific. It is occurring on 2 LOS 15 (N 8.x) devices but it is not occurring on 2 LOS 14.1 (N 7.1.2) devices.
The Following User Says Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
17th November 2019, 11:42 PM |#31458  
Flag Kharkov

More
Quote:

It may be Android version specific. It is occurring on 2 LOS 15 (N 8.x) devices but it is not occurring on 2 LOS 14.1 (N 7.1.2) devices.

maybe, but other file managers work fine)
18th November 2019, 01:35 AM |#31459  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:

maybe, but other file managers work fine)

Yes, and I tested for that as well, implied by my previous comment "...far more than any other app...".

What I was adding to the report in the comment you just replied to is that, with it already being given that this is a MIXplorer issue, there is also an Android version specific component because it does not occur on some Android/ROM versions and it does occur on other Android/ROM versions.

So, it would help to know the Android versions and ROM variants on which the symptom occurs. In my case it occurs on a Moto G3 (Osprey) and Moto X4, both running LOS 15 (Oreo 8).

Thanks again for calling attention to it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
18th November 2019, 06:37 AM |#31460  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:

So, it would help to know the Android versions and ROM variants on which the symptom occurs. In my case it occurs on a Moto G3 (Osprey) and Moto X4, both running LOS 15 (Oreo 8).

It also happens on LOS 16 (Oneplus One).
I did notice this quite some time ago regarding the power consumption (did not know that it was caused by the refresh). Usually my phone draws 100-150mA in idle with screen on at 30% brightness, but with MiX open it goes to 300-400mA.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to oviung For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift oviung Ad-Free
18th November 2019, 10:12 AM |#31461  
Flag Kharkov

More
Quote:

Yes, and I tested for that as well, implied by my previous comment "...far more than any other app...".

Thanks again for calling attention to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oviung

It also happens on LOS 16 (Oneplus One).
I did notice this quite some time ago regarding the power consumption (did not know that it was caused by the refresh). Usually my phone draws 100-150mA in idle with screen on at 30% brightness, but with MiX open it goes to 300-400mA.

symptom occurs:
LG G7 Thinq, android 8, rom original (v10t-IND-xx);
Redmi Note 7, crDroid 5.8 (Android 9);
Asus ZenFone 3, andriod 8;
Asus ZenFone Max pro m1, android 9;
Nokia 6, android 9;

According to statistics, symptom starts with android 8+?

I will also add devices where a symptom occurs.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ZeeXor For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ZeeXor Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
chm, cloud, encfs, epub, mix

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)