Android Q

Search This thread

Meemo23

Nov 17, 2010
Under my bed...
Yeah thats what I mean swipe up three dots thats what I have now. In beta 2 there was a single bar at the bottom like an iPhone and back was swipe from left or rigjt of the screen and home pull up quick or pull up and hold for recents. Now that option is not there.

Edit: Also did anyone else notice or is it just me, the fast charging is super slow on the beta 3 before it was normal in 30 mins I would get at least 50 percent now it takes forever to get to 50 took me 39 mins just to get 30 percent.

Last edited:
Yeah thats what I mean swipe up three dots thats what I have now. In beta 2 there was a single bar at the bottom like an iPhone and back was swipe from left or rigjt of the screen and home pull up quick or pull up and hold for recents. Now that option is not there.

Edit: Also did anyone else notice or is it just me, the fast charging is super slow on the beta 3 before it was normal in 30 mins I would get at least 50 percent now it takes forever to get to 50 took me 39 mins just to get 30 percent.

Mine seems to be charging at the same speed as before. I use a Samsung convertible wireless charger.

Tel864

Nov 22, 2011
Greenville
Looking back on Android 9 beta it's almost identical. Some people never have problems and some are constantly finding problems. I can't recall one major problem I've had since the 1st beta rolled out but on the beta forums some people have barely functioning phones. Of course, no one mentions their model or carrier so it could be a particulate model with a particular carrier. Some of it is people that have no business testing a beta. They're reporting problems like Google Pay or a particular app not working and it's always Samsung's fault.

Meemo23

Nov 17, 2010
Under my bed...
Looking back on Android 9 beta it's almost identical. Some people never have problems and some are constantly finding problems. I can't recall one major problem I've had since the 1st beta rolled out but on the beta forums some people have barely functioning phones. Of course, no one mentions their model or carrier so it could be a particulate model with a particular carrier. Some of it is people that have no business testing a beta. They're reporting problems like Google Pay or a particular app not working and it's always Samsung's fault.

The problems I have found so far on the third beta is HUGE battery drains. I have to charge the phone constantly now even after light use it drains. Even like yesterday I finished work at 7 am but managed to charge the phone fully, played music on the way home. Had 87 percent left, went to sleep when I came home and when I woke up I had 60 odd percent left that is a huge battery drain for a phone on standby. Second really not a bug or problem it is that they removed the android q navigation and put back the crappy navigation they had in android pie. Some apps crash like Twitter.

Other than that not a problem. Oh and google pay is not a problem I understand paying from a phone with beta software is a bad idea and I rate Samsung for disabling it and popping up a message saying that you have an unofficial software and does not meet regularity standards something blah blah.

My Samsung I bought from samsung's website mines is G970F Dual sim model just so everyone knows what model I have, only using one sim bought it because it was a bit cheaper then the regular single sim model.

eTriix

Apr 30, 2014
The problems I have found so far on the third beta is HUGE battery drains. I have to charge the phone constantly now even after light use it drains. Even like yesterday I finished work at 7 am but managed to charge the phone fully, played music on the way home. Had 87 percent left, went to sleep when I came home and when I woke up I had 60 odd percent left that is a huge battery drain for a phone on standby. Second really not a bug or problem it is that they removed the android q navigation and put back the crappy navigation they had in android pie. Some apps crash like Twitter.

Other than that not a problem. Oh and google pay is not a problem I understand paying from a phone with beta software is a bad idea and I rate Samsung for disabling it and popping up a message saying that you have an unofficial software and does not meet regularity standards something blah blah.

My Samsung I bought from samsung's website mines is G970F Dual sim model just so everyone knows what model I have, only using one sim bought it because it was a bit cheaper then the regular single sim model.
Yes, I also have battery drain

Enviado desde mi SM-G973F mediante Tapatalk

Tel864

Nov 22, 2011
Greenville
Do banking apps work on the beta, not the pay apps?

Wells Fargo and Citi both work fine for me. Google Pay doesn't work because as far as Google is concerned, the phone with the beta isn't certified.

---------- Post added at 01:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 AM ----------

That's not Samsung disabling it, that's Google seeing the phone as not certified. If it were Samsung they'd have disabled Samsung Pay also.

Reactions: DaiC1

capeorigins

Dec 18, 2012
Lakewood
Hmmm. I keep seeing people saying the navigation got screwed up and reverted to Pie's style.
I haven't seen this issue, has anyone tried factory resetting?

The only thing I've noticed on beta 3 is that the navigation is being honed on. It's working less inn certain apps that would cause problems. And also less in apps like the home launcher ( which is annoying lol)
I also noticed that since joining the beta, my camera takes way way better photos ??

Tel864

Nov 22, 2011
Greenville
Samsung reopened the Android 10 sign-ups yesterday for the S10 and Note 10 so those of you that still haven't gotten it, there may still be a chance.

SoNic67

Apr 10, 2011
I have enrolled in the beta on 12 Nov and got the update immediately on my S10 unlocked.
Since then I am using the Android 10 with One UI version 2.0 and I had no major complains, maybe just small annoyances.

Today I have received another update, with some bug fixes. See pics.

Last edited:

niko99

May 15, 2008
Can some one explain stept by step how to flash android 10 beta 4 ? I have an international s10e on latest asjg fw

Hello, please download all beta 1 2 3 4 put it on sd card, rename it for example upadare1.zip update2.zip update3.zip update4.zip go to recovery mode flash first update choosing update from sd card , pickup first beta waiting when update is finish waiting for restart and phone boot up after all is finis go to recovery again and do this same by choosing update2.zip and do it all again to update 4 ;)

Ps1. You can't jump to last beta 4 update you must start from first one and install all

Ps2. To go in recovery turn off phone and press and keep vol up Bixby and power

Ps3. You can normal change name of downloaded non file to zip file just rename it with .zip extension

Regard

Last edited:
Reactions: Fredzvw

atomera

Jan 30, 2009
before updating please remind that HD playback isn´t working for amazon video, i hope at least its the only streaming service

barondebxl

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
Q is no big deal anyway. There isn't a whole lot going on with it other than Google will be able to release security updates via Play Store with their new Project Mainline. It will also give the Pixel kids something to run around and squeal about because we know how they get all puffed up when they can say they got it first. [emoji57]
Honestly I just want the gestures, I could care less about the rest

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Samsung and updates not a good match my friend...if u get a samsung for updates..thats no good.
    I got my samsung for the hardware and how beautifull it is. Also with one ui the phone is very snappy as it is. No need for updates as of now
    Q is no big deal anyway. There isn't a whole lot going on with it other than Google will be able to release security updates via Play Store with their new Project Mainline. It will also give the Pixel kids something to run around and squeal about because we know how they get all puffed up when they can say they got it first. ?
    Do you also have issue with android.process.media crashing randomly?
    After some restarts, it seems to be a little bit better, but still stopping when browsing through my secure folder.
    See here for the fix:
    https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=80532611&postcount=161
    Why? Samsung have no commitment to release a beta firmware to users. People today are too impatient, you need to learn to wait for these things.

? I'm buying a new high branded product to have one of the best smartphone. I'm here because I want to share my experience and to find informations from others.
    What I see is that almost others brands are offering beta firmware to users and faster updates than Samsung. Why do we have to accept this?

I owned some Samsung devices in the past. Finally change my P20 Pro to try S10. But Samsung was not faster than before on updates, maybe slower.

My girlfriend know nothing about cellphone and don't care about updates. But, if you're here man and you don't care about new characteristics, what are you doing here?

Sent from my Galaxy S10 using XDA Labs