FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

 View Poll Results: Did you find this thread useful?

Yes, it was very helpful to me.
 
1,610 Vote(s)
64.02%
No, I didn't feel it helped me.
 
416 Vote(s)
16.54%
I don't know.
 
489 Vote(s)
19.44%

[HELP THREAD] Ask ANY Question. Noob Friendly.

4,428 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,929
 
Post Reply Email Thread
19th November 2019, 01:01 AM |#44181  
Junior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
So sorry again for just getting back now, been very busy lately with work the past few days, early starts and late finishes. Even encountered a scenario where my HTC One S (backup phone) failed me as I was closr to getting lost and another being late for work. The extreme sluggish performance and battery drain is killing me

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubwayChamp

It´s not the same, definitely you didn´t otherwise you´d remember it so this is done intentionally (with a specific purpose)

Anyway this don´t lead you to anywhere so you have locked bootloader, no root so no way to dump through adb commands.

At least this is clear now, my mind has been clouded with lack of work due to work, and me being quite miserable lately We won't be pursuing this method then.

Quote:

No way to know for certain the level of brick till you try to recover it using EDL/download method. It could be that the motherboard is actually totally damaged due to an overheat just to give you an example but again just trying to flash something in bricked mode you´ll know this.

Well to summarise my phone as said in my original thread, casually went on my phone (whilst charger still plugged) after my sleep was broken, the phone literally just froze as I was scrolling down my facebook timeline, a video was playing (as they do automatically) left it on that part for a few seconds, it froze, no response on anything on the screen and buttons, couldn't lock, thus forced powered off by holding the power/lock button for a good few seconds, it powered off and tried to power on with the same button, nothing...even til this day.
All of this happened in the middle of the night

What level of brickage can you determine from this now?
And if the motherboard was totally damaged, it would or wouldn't recognise a QUSB_BULK device?

Quote:

As I said before I don´t think that a dumper tool without a proper hardware can do the miracle so this would be the better option at the end....BUT try searching for some dumper tool and just can tell you how you can guide you about which tool could work for you.....:

Your device according this site is powered by a snapdragon 835 https://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_8_sirocco-9087.php so the Mobile Plattform is MSM8998, then if you find some tool and a list of devices supported although is not specifically your device you´ll have to check that some of them have also the same specs at this point.

You can try to dump any partition that the tool could claim to be capable and this by itself doesn´t have to erase nothing (don´t fear about your data) but this will depend in how reliable the tool is.

I will try to look for a dumper tool that can support MSM8998, however I came across this awhile back and realised it doesn't use any hardware/device/box for unbrick (and dumping I believe).
Please have a quick look and tell me what you think or how legit it is: https://www.droidsavvy.com/unbrick-qualcomm-mobiles/

Quote:

This is the right status detection for qualcomm download mode; not QHUSB_BULK that is an old Q9006 but a Qdloader 9008 as the images reflect. But don´t open in this window but go to PC/Administrate and open Device Manager to get a better vision on the drivers installed and you´ll see your device detected under PORTS (COM and LPT)

I have opened this in Device Manager, it originally came up as an unknown QUSB_BULK device with no driver. I did a quick research, found and installed the Qualcomm Drivers from this site: https://xiaomibuzz.com/downloads/dow...sb-driver.html
I used the files in there for the unknown QUSB_BULK device and now it comes up Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (COM10).
As what was shown in the attached image.

Did I do the right thing?
Is this a good or a bad thing??

Quote:

The way is very clear and the chances are there.

First you need to do is search for a dumper tool and try to dump I think specifically userdata partition so you have to take in account as I said before that this by itself can´t damage your device.

The next would be seeing if the tool is compatible with your MSM otherwise the tool can´t do it.

What´s the next?, pc recognised it, it´s ok but the tool doesn´t recognice it; it´s not so good.
At this point you´ll determine how many tools you want to try before to take the next step...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

I'm not sure if granting USB access to internal storage is enough for the level that you are trying to access. Granting access to internal storage is pretty much only access to /data/media. You are trying to retreive data from areas that are not considered "internal storage".

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

This got me really curious, usually any tool (or software) would recognise hardware via USB, but since it doesn't, how would any of them access the phone if there isn't anything to recognise?

As always everyone, really appreciate your time and I always look forward to your kind posts 🙏
19th November 2019, 02:46 AM |#44182  
SubwayChamp's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 731
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokia_8_fan

Well to summarise my phone as said in my original thread, casually went on my phone (whilst charger still plugged) after my sleep was broken, the phone literally just froze as I was scrolling down my facebook timeline, a video was playing (as they do automatically) left it on that part for a few seconds, it froze, no response on anything on the screen and buttons, couldn't lock, thus forced powered off by holding the power/lock button for a good few seconds, it powered off and tried to power on with the same button, nothing...even til this day.What level of brickage can you determine from this now?

Well, world of bricked devices don´t have a wide spectrum though more likely your device probably is just soft bricked so you didn´t attempt nothing weird before this started but like I said before you only will know it for sure when you try some tool and everything is not on wheels.

Quote:

And if the motherboard was totally damaged, it would or wouldn't recognise a QUSB_BULK device?

it´ll do but if you can turn to QH_USB9008 is a step forward but keep in mind that also a totally damaged device can be recogniced on both ways.

Quote:

I will try to look for a dumper tool that can support MSM8998, however I came across this awhile back and realised it doesn't use any hardware/device/box for unbrick (and dumping I believe).
Please have a quick look and tell me what you think or how legit it is: https://www.droidsavvy.com/unbrick-qualcomm-mobiles/

Well, donwload mode don´t work this way in LG devices, it could be needed to patch LGlaf and some .dll files to get it working, you can follow some part but keeping in mind that some files are for other different device, here you have also a more general guide about this tool (QPST) https://hostandroid.com/how-to-use-qpst-tool/
Download from here the tool, I took a look inside documentation and it claims that work also for SD845 so probably it does for SD835 also https://www.mediafire.com/file/9bb4v..._2018.zip/file

Finally you just have to give it a try to some solution, nothing worst can happen.
19th November 2019, 04:27 AM |#44183  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokia_8_fan

So sorry again for just getting back now, been very busy lately with work the past few days, early starts and late finishes. Even encountered a scenario where my HTC One S (backup phone) failed me as I was closr to getting lost and another being late for work. The extreme sluggish performance and battery drain is killing me



At least this is clear now, my mind has been clouded with lack of work due to work, and me being quite miserable lately We won't be pursuing this method then.



Well to summarise my phone as said in my original thread, casually went on my phone (whilst charger still plugged) after my sleep was broken, the phone literally just froze as I was scrolling down my facebook timeline, a video was playing (as they do automatically) left it on that part for a few seconds, it froze, no response on anything on the screen and buttons, couldn't lock, thus forced powered off by holding the power/lock button for a good few seconds, it powered off and tried to power on with the same button, nothing...even til this day.
All of this happened in the middle of the night

What level of brickage can you determine from this now?
And if the motherboard was totally damaged, it would or wouldn't recognise a QUSB_BULK device?



I will try to look for a dumper tool that can support MSM8998, however I came across this awhile back and realised it doesn't use any hardware/device/box for unbrick (and dumping I believe).
Please have a quick look and tell me what you think or how legit it is: https://www.droidsavvy.com/unbrick-qualcomm-mobiles/



I have opened this in Device Manager, it originally came up as an unknown QUSB_BULK device with no driver. I did a quick research, found and installed the Qualcomm Drivers from this site: https://xiaomibuzz.com/downloads/dow...sb-driver.html
I used the files in there for the unknown QUSB_BULK device and now it comes up Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (COM10).
As what was shown in the attached image.

Did I do the right thing?
Is this a good or a bad thing??




This got me really curious, usually any tool (or software) would recognise hardware via USB, but since it doesn't, how would any of them access the phone if there isn't anything to recognise?

As always everyone, really appreciate your time and I always look forward to your kind posts

Because, android has partitions for everything, it isn't like PC where you only have system partition and storage.

Pretty much, internal storage is only data that you have added such as photos, videos, downloaded files, etc....basically, only user data stuff, not the /system partition or the /data partition. Granting USB access to internal storage does not grant access to /system or /data.

The type of USB activity that you wish to do or partition(s) that you want to access determines the type of USB access you need.

It's all about permissions and security, android uses a linux based kernel, which means, just like with linux, permission for everything must be specifically granted or denied.

Each part of your device(recovery, download mode, fastboot mode, adb, MTP, etc..) that can be connected/accessed/modified via USB is, in effect, treated as a separate "device", requiring a driver for each "device", which means you don't necessarily get 100% USB connection to every part of your device 100% of the time just by connecting to USB. You have to choose a door, you can't necessarily go through them all at the same time.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Droidriven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Droidriven Ad-Free
21st November 2019, 02:05 PM |#44184  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hello again, just want to get some solutions to my phone problem. Currently using this j7 (using it for 5years i guess) on a normal day, then suddenly i cant open any apps also trying to use the torch on the notification panel but no luck. Decided to restart the phone but it got stuck on the samsung logo cant proceed to boot. Tried to boot on recovery but i noticed it takes me 2 to 3 tries before going to recovery, wipe dalvik cache / cache and reboot still same and factory reset but no luck. Tried to reflash using odin(success) with the default rom im using still the same result. Wondering if you guys could give me some any other solutions.

PS: is my phone dead? is this the end? should i buy a new one?
21st November 2019, 02:41 PM |#44185  
EMONESSboy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 52
 
More
can we install asus ∆game genie∆ app to any other android phone? it is possible?


€¥∆ my concern : i want to know is there any app that allows live stream with system internal audio as i want to live stream game from my redmi note 5 pro. i have tried several apps like #omlet arcade app #yt gaming #du recorder etc. non of them support internal audio. *** miui supports internal audio recording in screen recording but not for live streaming as there in no option for live*** is there any way to live stream with internal audio without rooting or unlocking boot loader as i don't want to lose any data.
**#@ but any suggestions welcome

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 Pro using Tapatalk
21st November 2019, 02:57 PM |#44186  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Hmm.
So i was looking to install a gsi (probably the pixel experience) and last time i installed rr and the offline charging wasn't working. Now i want to ask, is it possible to get it working? I have a samsung phone.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk
21st November 2019, 05:43 PM |#44187  
SubwayChamp's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 731
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gng28

Hello again, just want to get some solutions to my phone problem. Currently using this j7 (using it for 5years i guess) on a normal day, then suddenly i cant open any apps also trying to use the torch on the notification panel but no luck. Decided to restart the phone but it got stuck on the samsung logo cant proceed to boot. Tried to boot on recovery but i noticed it takes me 2 to 3 tries before going to recovery, wipe dalvik cache / cache and reboot still same and factory reset but no luck. Tried to reflash using odin(success) with the default rom im using still the same result. Wondering if you guys could give me some any other solutions.

PS: is my phone dead? is this the end? should i buy a new one?

What did you did before to get this state or simply it happened? Which is the build number actually and you flashed the same firmware?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SubwayChamp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SubwayChamp Ad-Free
21st November 2019, 06:02 PM |#44188  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubwayChamp

What did you did before to get this state or simply it happened? Which is the build number actually and you flashed the same firmware?

I just left it charging, when i came back to use and try to tap the apps nothing is opening so i restarted and got stuck to the samsung logo. The rom that i used to reflash is the one im using before. This is the first i got this problem.

Btw just noticed before i reflash , it took so long to get to the recovery, it keeps on restarting back to the logo so i tried it many times.

and after the reflash i no longer can boot on the stock recovery. Now i got a volume down broken and no way to get back to download mode since i factory reset as well.
21st November 2019, 08:15 PM |#44189  
SubwayChamp's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 731
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gng28

I just left it charging, when i came back to use and try to tap the apps nothing is opening so i restarted and got stuck to the samsung logo. The rom that i used to reflash is the one im using before. This is the first i got this problem.

Btw just noticed before i reflash , it took so long to get to the recovery, it keeps on restarting back to the logo so i tried it many times.

and after the reflash i no longer can boot on the stock recovery. Now i got a volume down broken and no way to get back to download mode since i factory reset as well.

Did you try to go to recovery using volume button up + home +pwr and from the menu go to download mode, flash again the firmware but using the other CSC file, not HOME
The Following User Says Thank You to SubwayChamp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SubwayChamp Ad-Free
22nd November 2019, 03:02 AM |#44190  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubwayChamp

What did you did before to get this state or simply it happened? Which is the build number actually and you flashed the same firmware?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubwayChamp

Did you try to go to recovery using volume button up + home +pwr and from the menu go to download mode, flash again the firmware but using the other CSC file, not HOME


Yeah before i can get to my custom recovery , since i reflash and factory reset it i should be able to go to at least in stock recovery.(Right? or wrong?)
When i try to press the combine keys for recovery, nothing is happening all i get is the same logo..

Usually after reflashing on odin the phone will reboot then theres is this 3d android doing its thing, then it will boot properly but i get the same problem after flashing.
22nd November 2019, 05:21 AM |#44191  
SubwayChamp's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 731
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gng28

Yeah before i can get to my custom recovery , since i reflash and factory reset it i should be able to go to at least in stock recovery.(Right? or wrong?)
When i try to press the combine keys for recovery, nothing is happening all i get is the same logo..

Usually after reflashing on odin the phone will reboot then theres is this 3d android doing its thing, then it will boot properly but i get the same problem after flashing.

Boot to system normally, enable USB debugging and OEM unlock if present, then send device to recovery using adb reboot recovery then format data and wipes, send device to download through recovery menu and flash the rom using the CSC recommended...but before...

Which J7 model do you have? and which buid number version did you flashed?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, beginner, confused, guidance, help needed, help thread, lost, newbie, noob, questions and answers

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes