FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Was this thread helpful?

Yes, I am happy with the replies.

1,177 Vote(s)
59.18%
Yes, kind of.

470 Vote(s)
23.63%
No, needs improvement.

342 Vote(s)
17.19%

[Ask Any Question][Newbie Friendly]

13,511 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,749

By Droidriven, Senior Member on 29th April 2013, 01:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th November 2019, 11:13 PM |#29851  
Flag San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Updated Chrome Flags List?
Hi,

There are several 'top chrome flags to use in 2019' type of articles online suggesting useful tweaks to improve browser experience...however the majority of those recommended flags do not show up in search results within chrome://flags anymore (or at least not using the same keywords, hashtags or descriptors).

Is anyone aware of a resource that displays the most recently updated/active flags?

Thanks for any knowledge.

Alex
18th November 2019, 11:31 AM |#29852  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

You can try using ADB to remove OEM/carrier bloatware.

Do a Google search for:

"Remove system apps without root"

You should find several guides for using ADB to achieve this.

If it doesn't work, your only other option is to root the device then remove the apps using root permission, there are many different apps that have the ability to remove systems apps using root permissions, find one that you are comfortable with.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

From my understanding, rooting the device would trip Knox off for this tablet correct? Also, i tried but am still unable to uninstall the kc client using ADB and it is constantly showing: "enforced by policy" when i tried to force stop the apps that were pre-installed.

The device also prevents me from de-activating the device administrator (it's greyed out).

is there a way to just fully reset the device to remove the administrators? Thanks!
18th November 2019, 12:23 PM |#29853  
Thanks Meter: 2,418

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raygonne97

From my understanding, rooting the device would trip Knox off for this tablet correct? Also, i tried but am still unable to uninstall the kc client using ADB and it is constantly showing: "enforced by policy" when i tried to force stop the apps that were pre-installed.

The device also prevents me from de-activating the device administrator (it's greyed out).

is there a way to just fully reset the device to remove the administrators? Thanks!

Not likely, factory resetting will most likely keep the device administrator. That is the problem that will have to be dealt with first.

Did you try booting in safe mode?

Did you look for an app to find hidden administrators? If it's grayed out, then it's either controlled by yet another app, or, phoning home to find it's still on a maintenance list from the original supplier who put the app on there to begin with.

I would expect rooting to trip Knox.

A possible alternative would be to flash the equivalent stock ROM (same android version) that way the app won't be installed.
18th November 2019, 04:50 PM |#29854  

More
Gapps problem
Hi, trying to jump from lineage 16 to 17 and have a trouble with installing gapps. If i install pure lineage 17 everything is fine but when trying to flash gapps it just keeps loading and at some point reboots into TWRP.
18th November 2019, 07:51 PM |#29855  
Thanks Meter: 727

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by volumexda

Hi, trying to jump from lineage 16 to 17 and have a trouble with installing gapps. If i install pure lineage 17 everything is fine but when trying to flash gapps it just keeps loading and at some point reboots into TWRP.

It´s recommended switch from 9 to 10 doing a clean flash so probably the reason why you are having troubles is one of these:
1) Flash Google apps in a dirty flash.
2) Flash incorrect version for your device.
3) Flash improper method without respect the right order.

If one of these is the case then you could solve it as next:
1) Before to flash Lineage 17 go to recovery and wipe system, dalvik/ART cache and data then format data, this way you can start from a clean flash.
2) For Android 10 I can recommend these GApps https://sourceforge.net/projects/ope...beta/20191006/
3) Usually the right method is (atleast OP recommend some different):
- From a clean flash indicated on solution 1 proceed as next: Flash LOS17, flash Disable Force Encryption (if indicated), reboot for first time to system then go again to recovery and flash GApps and Magisk if desired, now boot up device.
The Following User Says Thank You to SubwayChamp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SubwayChamp Ad-Free
19th November 2019, 12:03 PM |#29856  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmom

Not likely, factory resetting will most likely keep the device administrator. That is the problem that will have to be dealt with first.

Did you try booting in safe mode?

Did you look for an app to find hidden administrators? If it's grayed out, then it's either controlled by yet another app, or, phoning home to find it's still on a maintenance list from the original supplier who put the app on there to begin with.

I would expect rooting to trip Knox.

A possible alternative would be to flash the equivalent stock ROM (same android version) that way the app won't be installed.

yes i have tried booting in safe mode, but still am unable to deactivate it.

I tried looking for the hidden administrators and uninstalling them using ADB, but also unable to do so.

I called home to the company that sold me the tablet and they said to give samsung a call to hard reset (i dont think they understood what they were talking about) and even after calling samsung, they mentioned that it was impossible to remove the Knox Configuration Policy (which i find pretty ridiculous)

i guess i would just need to flash the stock ROM then (i do not mind tripping Knox), but would it be possible if i use TWRP and delete the Knox and KC Client folders instead? would that brick my tablet? because the loading screen shows that the tablet is "secured by knox". Thanks again!
19th November 2019, 02:41 PM |#29857  
Thanks Meter: 2,418

More
Quote:

yes i have tried booting in safe mode, but still am unable to deactivate it.

I tried looking for the hidden administrators and uninstalling them using ADB, but also unable to do so.

I called home to the company that sold me the tablet and they said to give samsung a call to hard reset (i dont think they understood what they were talking about) and even after calling samsung, they mentioned that it was impossible to remove the Knox Configuration Policy (which i find pretty ridiculous)

i guess i would just need to flash the stock ROM then (i do not mind tripping Knox), but would it be possible if i use TWRP and delete the Knox and KC Client folders instead? would that brick my tablet? because the loading screen shows that the tablet is "secured by knox". Thanks again!

You're now going down straight Samsung stuff and I can't help there. Someone like @Droidriven or @SubwayChamp is probably better able to help
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ktmom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmom Ad-Free
19th November 2019, 04:11 PM |#29858  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmom

You're now going down straight Samsung stuff and I can't help there. Someone like @Droidriven or @SubwayChamp is probably better able to help

Thanks for your help though! at least i can eliminate some methods
19th November 2019, 04:33 PM |#29859  

More
Quote:

Thanks for your help though! at least i can eliminate some methods

I think that your device actually has something more than a simple app but a bloatware that probably is embedded along system, better would be to flash a new firmware to overwrite all the stuff.

Search for a firmware that suit your model and flash it using Odin, this won't trip Knox. Before to do it you have to be sure that your account was accepted previously, enable USB debugging, untick OEM unlock if it´s present and use a file called HOME, if you find 2 files called so then use which is not _CSC, all your data has to be deleted to have a success
The Following User Says Thank You to SubwayChamp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SubwayChamp Ad-Free
21st November 2019, 06:02 AM |#29860  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubwayChamp

I think that your device actually has something more than a simple app but a bloatware that probably is embedded along system, better would be to flash a new firmware to overwrite all the stuff.

Search for a firmware that suit your model and flash it using Odin, this won't trip Knox. Before to do it you have to be sure that your account was accepted previously, enable USB debugging, untick OEM unlock if it´s present and use a file called HOME, if you find 2 files called so then use which is not _CSC, all your data has to be deleted to have a success

Yup i have flashed one of the firmware for my tablet, it was successful but it still comes back to: " this tablet will be configured by: (the newspaper company signed up)" during the start up of the tablet. (ie. after i connected to my wifi at home,the next page it leads me to after the start up is what i mentioned).
21st November 2019, 07:27 AM |#29861  

More
Quote:

Yup i have flashed one of the firmware for my tablet, it was successful but it still comes back to: " this tablet will be configured by: (the newspaper company signed up)" during the start up of the tablet. (ie. after i connected to my wifi at home,the next page it leads me to after the start up is what i mentioned).

Are you saying that is displaying a bootlogo from the company that was prior proprietary? Did you find something like HOME inside the files of the firmware that you downloaded? Did you remember which buid number you were previously and which did you flash?
I think that this is cause was not performed a format data along the process.
But before all of this, it is giving you troubles or can you deal with?.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, bricked phone, cwm roms and kernels, help thread, noob, noob friendly, question, rcs in action

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)