Thanks Meter: 0

By nikrzd, Junior Member on 24th March 2013, 06:30 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd December 2013, 11:51 PM |#111  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HermitDash

Yes it does matter. You could just use the World Wide Firmware. It has the Label "WW" on it.

Went through the firmwares and looked at the end of the description of the firmwares on the asus website and saw that my tablet is WW came back to XDA website and see that you replied

Thanks again Hermit

---------- Post added at 11:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

ok....

~unzip it once
~rename unzipped zip to EP201_1024_SDUPDATE.zip
~ turn off tablet
~ place sdcard in slot
~ power + vol down
~ select RCK

Then got an error icon.... Is it best to do this formated? I mean erasing all data on the tablet? Do i put the zip folder in the tablet or sdcard? just wondering
3rd December 2013, 08:15 PM |#112  
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarDogUk

Went through the firmwares and looked at the end of the description of the firmwares on the asus website and saw that my tablet is WW came back to XDA website and see that you replied

Thanks again Hermit

---------- Post added at 11:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

ok....

~unzip it once
~rename unzipped zip to EP201_1024_SDUPDATE.zip
~ turn off tablet
~ place sdcard in slot
~ power + vol down
~ select RCK

Then got an error icon.... Is it best to do this formated? I mean erasing all data on the tablet? Do i put the zip folder in the tablet or sdcard? just wondering

You put the zip on the SD Card. I'm not sure if you need to format or not since I don't have the tablet anymore xD do some trial and error.
25th December 2013, 10:52 AM |#113  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HermitDash

You put the zip on the SD Card. I'm not sure if you need to format or not since I don't have the tablet anymore xD do some trial and error.

This has been such a frustration.

I just got the tablet today and have frantically been searching for an update (I'm 4.1.1) and it tells me I am up to date.

So I downloaded the .rar file from the asus website and unzipped it ONCE as everyone has been saying in this thread.

I then renamed the remaining file as instructed in this thread.

I then reformatted my microSD card as a FAT32 and placed the file onto the card.

I put the card into my tablet and I don't see any exclamation point to click on.

I tried a cold reset and accessing RCK... when I do that I see the android robot with a blue line underneath for about 1.5 seconds until he falls over with a red triangle and an exclamation point inside it.

WTF am I doing wrong?
2nd January 2014, 05:54 AM |#114  
Flag San Antonio, TX
Thanks Meter: 34

Donate to Me
More
Vroot will unlock the tablet and root the device.. One catch.. Actually two, and think about it before you use this. One it's made by Foxconn in China yes the same company that produces the iPhone and the second is almost all apk files are in the language. So I didn't have much of a hassle use Vroot and then replace all of their superuser apk files with SuperSu then... PROFIT

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 PM ----------

By the way.. The other catch, no original recovery image and no custom Rom, yet

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
18th January 2014, 02:59 PM |#115  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhinderoid

This has been such a frustration.

I just got the tablet today and have frantically been searching for an update (I'm 4.1.1) and it tells me I am up to date.

So I downloaded the .rar file from the asus website and unzipped it ONCE as everyone has been saying in this thread.

I then renamed the remaining file as instructed in this thread.

I then reformatted my microSD card as a FAT32 and placed the file onto the card.

I put the card into my tablet and I don't see any exclamation point to click on.

I tried a cold reset and accessing RCK... when I do that I see the android robot with a blue line underneath for about 1.5 seconds until he falls over with a red triangle and an exclamation point inside it.

WTF am I doing wrong?

I was having exactly the same issue, but I then realized that I was putting the zip file into the root of the device, not of the SD Card. Once I put it into /Removable/SDCard, pressing vol up worked all to the way to install the firmware.
13th March 2014, 07:30 AM |#116  

More
asus memopad me301t wifi problem
plss can anyone help how to fix this i cant connect to wifi even in any public hotspot.. it only save the network..how can i fixed this it only connect when it is lying on the top of my router
27th April 2014, 10:14 AM |#117  

More
Thumbs up faced a problem when rooting ME301t
Greeting to every expert
i am unlocking my Asus Memo Pad Smart 10 using motochopper , but encountered some problem .
when i using motochopper , i pressed enter as the tutorial do but it show up message as :: "daemon not running , starting it now at port 5037 , daemon started sucessfully " then no more things show up anymore , no response even i hit the key again ...
can any professional here help me out ? im really confused since i'm a newbie

---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHBLoos

I can confirm that Motochopper gives me root access with the filemanager.

i used motochopper also , but stuck on middle of the way , can you lead me ? please ...
5th May 2015, 05:32 PM |#118  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
cant rood me301t
hi..not sure if this has been answered or if anyone is still reading this post. I have had my me301t since it first came to the US. I haven't used it in months. (running 4.2.1). I want to root it so I can use my ps3 controller. I have tried motochopper to root, but it gets to loading the files and then it says "failure" the firmware seems to state that it has an 08/2013 date. Let me know if you need further information. Thanks in advance
21st November 2019, 12:14 PM |#119  

More
Hi there!

My memopad is almost dead. It barely works. Every single thing I try to run takes a lot of time.
I wonder whether I could install a custom rom or something like that in order to update the old system.
Please help me!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)