[Android 2.2+] CallRecorder - record phone calls from the phone line

1,114 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,863

By skvalex, Senior Member on 12th January 2012, 01:32 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th November 2019, 08:04 PM |#8081  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Hi guys! I ve a S10+,stock ,no root.Is there any chance you can use call recorder?If so with what settings?Thx in advance
13th November 2019, 08:06 PM |#8082  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Apologies if this has already been discussed: I've recently realized to my greatest dismay that some of my phone calls have not been recorded correctly; I can only hear myself and the other person cannot be heard at all in the entire call. The phone is a Xiaomi Redmi Note 5, using Standard API and recording as MP3 since I started using that new phone in June. Most calls have no problem, except long calls (~ 1 hour or more), which recorded only my side. I had not changed the settings since the initial configuration in June.

Since the moment I realized the issue (of course, the issue came at the worst possible moment, on a specific phone call that I needed to listen to), I have reverted to recording as WAV like I had been doing for years before June on my previous phones but I haven't had long phone calls yet so I can't comment on whether selecting MP3 as the format has an impact or not.

Is that issue something known? Obviously, I'd rather have the calls recorded directly as MP3 instead of me encoding them with LAME after they've been recorded as WAV. Thx.
14th November 2019, 12:47 PM |#8083  
Thanks Meter: 1,437

More
First time having an issue with the recorder.
Using OP5 rooted with the Magisk module. Android 10
From here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...pfest-t3978357

It won't start recording on calls.

With standard API it works, but other side can't hear me until I toggle speakers on/off.

Anything I can provide to make debugging easier?
please let me know.
14th November 2019, 11:56 PM |#8084  
Thanks Meter: 92

More
I am able to get WiFi calling to record properly on my Pixel 2 XL using Mint Mobile, but it doesn't work on Google Fi's IMS calling. It just has silence for the entire call. I am rooted with the Magisk module on Android 10, and I am using the root method.

It's not a big deal for me to turn off IMS calling to get proper recordings, but I was wondering if anyone was able to get this working.
19th November 2019, 12:46 PM |#8085  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vodoomoth

Apologies if this has already been discussed: I've recently realized to my greatest dismay that some of my phone calls have not been recorded correctly; I can only hear myself and the other person cannot be heard at all in the entire call. The phone is a Xiaomi Redmi Note 5, using Standard API and recording as MP3 since I started using that new phone in June. Most calls have no problem, except long calls (~ 1 hour or more), which recorded only my side. I had not changed the settings since the initial configuration in June.

Since the moment I realized the issue (of course, the issue came at the worst possible moment, on a specific phone call that I needed to listen to), I have reverted to recording as WAV like I had been doing for years before June on my previous phones but I haven't had long phone calls yet so I can't comment on whether selecting MP3 as the format has an impact or not.

Is that issue something known? Obviously, I'd rather have the calls recorded directly as MP3 instead of me encoding them with LAME after they've been recorded as WAV. Thx.

I've now realized that the problem is not with the recording format: it is with using a Bluetooth headset. When using Bluetooth, the other person's voice is not recorded, even though the settings for the recording method (Standard API) has Audio source set to Voice call uplink + downlink. In When BT connected…, I see that I am on Do nothing.

I didn't have this Bluetooth recording issue when I had a Galaxy S4 so I didn't even think of it. I have several headsets and I can test using another headset. Is there anything I can do to ensure the calls are recorded correctly whether Bluetooth is on or not?
19th November 2019, 02:12 PM |#8086  
Thanks Meter: 5,493

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I've now realized that the problem is not with the recording format: it is with using a Bluetooth headset. When using Bluetooth, the other person's voice is not recorded, even though the settings for the recording method (Standard API) has Audio source set to Voice call uplink + downlink. In When BT connected…, I see that I am on Do nothing.

I didn't have this Bluetooth recording issue when I had a Galaxy S4 so I didn't even think of it. I have several headsets and I can test using another headset. Is there anything I can do to ensure the calls are recorded correctly whether Bluetooth is on or not?

Use the root method... If you are rooted. Works fine for me on OnePlus.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
20th November 2019, 08:44 PM |#8087  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldMan

Use the root method... If you are rooted. Works fine for me on OnePlus.

The ROOT method caused CR to display a triangle icon notification. I guess that method requires a rooted phone, which mine is not and which I'm not really happy to do. For the time being, I have reverted to MP3 format, and I will be using the corded earphones that came with the phone for those cases when I need my hands. Thanks for the suggestion.
21st November 2019, 06:09 AM |#8088  
Thanks Meter: 5,493

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

The ROOT method caused CR to display a triangle icon notification. I guess that method requires a rooted phone, which mine is not and which I'm not really happy to do. For the time being, I have reverted to MP3 format, and I will be using the corded earphones that came with the phone for those cases when I need my hands. Thanks for the suggestion.

I wrote "if you are rooted". Obviously you can't use the root method unrooted. Sorry.

21st November 2019, 11:28 PM |#8089  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldMan

I wrote "if you are rooted". Obviously you can't use the root method unrooted. Sorry.

You are right, you did and I didn't notice it. My apologies for that.
The Following User Says Thank You to vodoomoth For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vodoomoth Ad-Free
22nd November 2019, 03:33 PM |#8090  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiefferbp

I am able to get WiFi calling to record properly on my Pixel 2 XL using Mint Mobile, but it doesn't work on Google Fi's IMS calling. It just has silence for the entire call. I am rooted with the Magisk module on Android 10, and I am using the root method.

It's not a big deal for me to turn off IMS calling to get proper recordings, but I was wondering if anyone was able to get this working.

I have had this issue with Pixel 1, 2 ,3 and now 4. Wifi calling is nice with Google Fi, but recording is better
23rd November 2019, 11:19 AM |#8091  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Hi, thank you for this app, it is perfect. Using root method on Android 9, the recording quality is awesome.

I have a question about the license. I've read somewhere that there is a limit - the license is for up to three devices. Is that correct? Does the limit apply for both Google Play Unlocker and buying the app through your website?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
call rec, call recording, callrec

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)