FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: What, If Any Other Tutorials Would You Like Me To Make?

Tutorial on setting up and using ADB

414 Vote(s)
51.88%
Creating flashable .zips to be used in recovery

454 Vote(s)
56.89%
Whatever I want!

182 Vote(s)
22.81%
Nothing! I make terrible useless guides!

28 Vote(s)
3.51%

[Guide] How To Setup And Use Fastboot

6,857 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,790

By demkantor, Inactive Recognized Contributor on 13th May 2013, 07:49 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th November 2019, 02:42 AM |#531  
Thanks Meter: 2,408

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssjoen

Has the commands for fastboot and ADB changed because I am trying them and it keeps giving me error messages. Although older versions it seemed to accept them better. I have also seen recently that a "./ " Before ADB or fastboot is necessary. Is there anyone that can confirm this? Thank you

Commands can be device dependant. If you were specific about the device and which version of Fastboot the answer might be more specific. For example, the newest Fastboot which works fine on my Pixel 3XL won't work on my Nexus 6. I have an older release that I keep around for it. Cables can also affect Fastboot and ADB and usually a USB 3 port is likely to give errors.

A "./" means "in this directory". If you are executing the Fastboot binary from the same directory that it resides in, that is a way to indicate an "abbreviated" path to it. You could also use the full path, or add the binary's path to the system PATH variable.
The Following User Says Thank You to ktmom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmom Ad-Free
23rd November 2019, 10:34 PM |#532  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Types of devices
I have a Samsung Galaxy A tablet sm-t580 which I sort of got Odin to work on it but bricked it and a galaxy A705W which is FPR and bootloader locked.
23rd November 2019, 11:13 PM |#533  
Thanks Meter: 2,408

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssjoen

I have a Samsung Galaxy A tablet sm-t580 which I sort of got Odin to work on it but bricked it and a galaxy A705W which is FPR and bootloader locked.

Well, it doesn't help you that you're in the wrong thread. Samsung uses Odin, not Fastboot. Look in the device's forum, or ask in the Q/A thread in the device's forum.

Samsung Galaxy Tab A series

Samsung Galaxy A70
The Following User Says Thank You to ktmom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmom Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)