Thanks Meter: 22

By poseidon5213, Member on 26th April 2012, 06:43 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd November 2019, 01:34 PM |#19911  
Thanks Meter: 365

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gandalfcorvotempesta

I'm looking for a cheap 7/8'' tablet with a good mod community, as i have to customize the rom

Are Mediacom like the following supported?
https://www.mediacomeurope.it/Prodot....aspx?XRI=2630
https://www.mediacomeurope.it/Prodot....aspx?XRI=2699

I just got Xiaomi MI Tab 4 and am very happy with it.

It only comes with Chinese ROM but GApps can easily be installed unrooted with googleinstaller 3.0, or unlock bootloader, root and flash OpenGapps.

Plenty of custom ROMs for this too - I just flashed Android Quince Pudding (10.0) in LineageOS 17.0 beta for MI tab 4 (/plus), as it's already nearly bug free. (SELinux still permissive, but passes SafetyNet check for Official Netflix etc with Magisk module SafetyPatch v3 (in Magisk repo) loaded.)

Specs:
8.0" 1200x1920 pixel
13/5 MP
3/4GB RAM
Snapdragon 660 (octacore)
6000mAh

AliExpress have 5 models (2 colours): basic 3/32 GB WiFi model for $167 US, 4/64 LTE is $207, 4/128 LTE is $318. PW

Rider: the information above is accurate to the best of my knowledge... except the bit about Quince Pudding. Thats really quite horrible, but I'm sure some like it. Couldn't Google have taken a chance on the naming tradition? (And we could have had some Rhubarb tart, Sticky dates and Treacle syrup after!) Bit sad my latest phone OS is now so nondescript even if it works a treat...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pndwal For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pndwal Ad-Free
23rd November 2019, 04:28 PM |#19912  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
200 USD is more than twice my maximum budget
24th November 2019, 03:40 AM |#19913  
Thanks Meter: 365

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gandalfcorvotempesta

200 USD is more than twice my maximum budget

Sorry, - you didn't mention budget 😀. However these are probably the cheapest tabs w/ half decent specs you'll get for ½ the price of other branded units, w/ large mod/Dev base to boot. I'd seriously consider saving your pennies till you can afford basic 3GB RAM WiFi model which will still perform very well. Alternatively, as they've been marketed for 15 months now, it's not hard to find 2nd hand units for ⅔ new price or less, as I did.

Honestly, for under $100 you are unlikely to get a half decent tablet with good custom support. There are a number of Lenovo devices, put most have sub-par performance, and development is limited, often root solutions only - no new ROMs. Devs prefer to work on better value-for-money devices (read mid to high end) with longer useful life, and wider popularity.

If price is paramount, you'll have a much better chance with a phone as there are many more ½ decent devices in your price range. PW
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)