FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Micro USB Cable: They all break. Any help?

269 posts
Thanks Meter: 50

By Colton127, Senior Member on 7th May 2012, 11:07 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th June 2019, 05:18 PM |#131  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
There are also many cheap cables that are worth nothing!
8th July 2019, 11:22 AM |#132  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sflesch

@Colton127 Did you ever find a good cable? So many useless posts here. "You're doing something wrong." "I've never had this issue." "Just don't bend the cables."

Yes, my problem is a bit of a usage issue, but I'm just looking for a cable with a strong solid USB TIP. I don't care about the cable itself. It could be braided in gold and stainless steel for all I care. I need a cable with a good strong tip. My phone falls sometimes when charging and the tip bends, then I have to set it just right on the night stand or it won't charge. The best cables I've had are the Motorola OEM cables.

That being said, I've been looking at the magnetic cables as well. My thinking is they don't have that pressure right at the connection point. They can just come apart.

Tenker, all the cheap Chinese stuff is useless and usually don't last. The other day I had one literally start smoking
sflesch, I use Anker as well, so far so good. Expensive though, but I got mine on sale.
26th July 2019, 11:11 AM |#133  

More
Got one broken only once, my rabbit laid his teeth on it
26th November 2019, 01:16 PM |#134  

More
I agree, most Micro-Usb Cables are created equally..
Equally crappy that is.. lol

I have never had a micro USB "cable" break....
I have however time and time again, over and over had the connectors themselves get loose and stop creating "a proper connection" and/or stop staying firmly plugged in..

If you look at the actual tip of the cable, where the connector pins are housed there is 2 small tabs on the wider/flat side, these tabs are designed to help the connector remain tightly inserted into your chosen device.. I have noticed that when they are made from thicker stronger metal, and are a bit more sturdy(rarely found) the connector seems to last longer - and sometimes prying them out a TINY bit will help said connector stay inserted better as well. But going overboard and prying to far or trying to do it as a person who isn't "good at these types of things" is just asking for trouble.
But when those tabs aren't the issue, for me it is usually just a poorly designed connector plain and simple.
It is very common knowledge that the "Micro USB style connector plug" is just NOT a well made design, plain and simple. They suck. The connectors wear out fast and then they are essentially useless once that happens.

Regardless of how "well made the cable is" if the "connector" on the end wears out after a 1-4 weeks of light use, the product is worthless...
Again as I said, when I say "cable" - I refer to the ACTUAL WIRE PART itself, the main section (not the tip/connector)
A lot of these expensive Micro USB cables are made very durable, but after all that is just the Cable part, they make them with fancy looking braided fabric, and even with flexible metal skins. But again that is just the "cable part" the connectors are the same crappy tips that are used in creating the $.99 Ebay charger wires (usually) so they still wear out(if thats the case).

At which point you are left with a fancy $30 sexy metal skinned micro USB charger/data cable that can sit in a drawer and be pretty and attractive. But not do a damn thing. Because the connectors tabs wore out and it won't stay plugged in anymore lol

That is usually the problem I encounter.

*I am not a noob, I take good care of my electronics, and never drag or pull devices by a plugged their wire, etc etc. I use items the way they are designed I do not abuse or over use products, or bend the crap out of cables*

Yet they still break, I have yet to find a
"Well made" Micro USB charger cable or data cable.. I wonder if They truly exist.
30th November 2019, 07:04 AM |#135  
Thanks Meter: 92

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syttorak

Equally crappy that is.. lol

I have never had a micro USB "cable" break....
I have however time and time again, over and over had the connectors themselves get loose and stop creating "a proper connection" and/or stop staying firmly plugged in..

If you look at the actual tip of the cable, where the connector pins are housed there is 2 small tabs on the wider/flat side, these tabs are designed to help the connector remain tightly inserted into your chosen device.. I have noticed that when they are made from thicker stronger metal, and are a bit more sturdy(rarely found) the connector seems to last longer - and sometimes prying them out a TINY bit will help said connector stay inserted better as well. But going overboard and prying to far or trying to do it as a person who isn't "good at these types of things" is just asking for trouble.
But when those tabs aren't the issue, for me it is usually just a poorly designed connector plain and simple.
It is very common knowledge that the "Micro USB style connector plug" is just NOT a well made design, plain and simple. They suck. The connectors wear out fast and then they are essentially useless once that happens.

Regardless of how "well made the cable is" if the "connector" on the end wears out after a 1-4 weeks of light use, the product is worthless...
Again as I said, when I say "cable" - I refer to the ACTUAL WIRE PART itself, the main section (not the tip/connector)
A lot of these expensive Micro USB cables are made very durable, but after all that is just the Cable part, they make them with fancy looking braided fabric, and even with flexible metal skins. But again that is just the "cable part" the connectors are the same crappy tips that are used in creating the $.99 Ebay charger wires (usually) so they still wear out(if thats the case).

At which point you are left with a fancy $30 sexy metal skinned micro USB charger/data cable that can sit in a drawer and be pretty and attractive. But not do a damn thing. Because the connectors tabs wore out and it won't stay plugged in anymore lol

That is usually the problem I encounter.

*I am not a noob, I take good care of my electronics, and never drag or pull devices by a plugged their wire, etc etc. I use items the way they are designed I do not abuse or over use products, or bend the crap out of cables*

Yet they still break, I have yet to find a
"Well made" Micro USB charger cable or data cable.. I wonder if They truly exist.

Been suffering with this cable issue for a long long time now. I got myself these from JSAUX a couple of weeks back and they look pretty solid. None of them has broken down yet, and it seems unlikely that they'll give up on me anytime soon.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)