[APP][FREE][Beta/RC only][Android 4.1+] YouTube Downloader v6.7.3 RC

448 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,662

Post Reply Email Thread
10th October 2019, 10:24 PM |#661  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Hello;
Can't a .ogg file be added to a .mp4 video? Can this feature come in future updates? Or can I convert .ogg file to .m4a file?
Best Regards.
16th October 2019, 06:07 AM |#662  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 16

More
What happened to the main thread of app in XDA? There is no more there.
22nd October 2019, 08:47 AM |#663  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
v6.7.4test02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli martin

Hello;
Can't a .ogg file be added to a .mp4 video? Can this feature come in future updates? Or can I convert .ogg file to .m4a file?
Best Regards.

Hi. The problem now is that I'm not seeing the ogg audio-only format anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xalaros10

What happened to the main thread of app in XDA? There is no more there.

I was asking myself the same thing.

I came here to post about a new test version:
Quote:

v6.7.4 - Oct 21 2019
-----------------------------------
[x] fix for age restricted videos (4)
[x] amoled-black and terminal-green app themes

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dashboard_comparison.png
Views:	228
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	4851893   Click image for larger version

Name:	gt_coll.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	232.1 KB
ID:	4851897  
Attached Files
File Type: apk dentex.youtube.downloader_v6.7.4_test02.apk - [Click for QR Code] (3.95 MB, 44 views)
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to xda_dentex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xda_dentex Ad-Free
22nd October 2019, 10:27 AM |#664  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xda_dentex

Hi. The problem now is that I'm not seeing the ogg audio-only format anymore.

Sorry. I mean the .opus file. 😊

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-fd...w?usp=drivesdk
28th October 2019, 04:09 PM |#665  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Fixed download for mp3 and ogg/opusdentex.youtube.downloader_v6.7.4_test03.apk
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to xda_dentex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xda_dentex Ad-Free
8th November 2019, 08:11 PM |#666  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Dl choices confuse
I dunno if this is covered somewhere here, but ive "googled" alot and can get alo the answers.
If its here, plz direct me !

1st, what the 270
360 choice on dl's I always see? Its usually a dimmer grey font than the 480 choice. Its also got no rhyme or reason in its comparative size.

Also, I dl'd some test vids and I found 480 better quality but sorta "fake" looking compared to the other. But, I was looking at old 80's mtv vids, so maybe psychology effects it
It also looks like there's more of a film of grey (bad white bal I think) on the 480's.

True? Am I seeing things?
Which SHOULD be better?

I assume the vid was posted in only one form, so how to you tell whats the original in YTD dl list?

Next, ogg v opus: is that the same thing? Whys it call it Opus instead of Ogg Vorbis?
What bitrates/khz does lo/med/hi Q correspond to?

Next, what better, opus/ogg or mp3 at CBR?
I been told ogg is better at over 128kbps yet smaller at that depth too.

Is YTD ripping the audio and converting it to these bitrates and formats? How do you know what it started as?

On all of the above, id rather know the original uploaded vid and audio qual and file, dl it w YTD, then store it for any possible conversation later.
I trying to rebld a life's worth of taken CDs as music vids and some singles, as well as the albums i had off bittorrent or something. For the later I gonna try to match cd qual and get all the inserts, but that's another thread...it take me longer than buying them physically in the 1st place and be less fun, but I driven to get it back. Okm more OT.

All replies welcome
8th November 2019, 10:05 PM |#667  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semysig

All replies welcome

Re/video: Depends on your viewing setup, and also on the quality of the original source material before youtube applies its compression. Trial and error on a per-video basis. In general, pick the highest resolution available if you're going to watch it on a screen larger than a cell-phone.

Re/audio: Use AO M4A Med-Q or AO Opus Hi-Q. Similar quality, but certain devices have an easier time with M4A. Don't bother with mp3, it will just be one additional encoding process to diminish the sound, even at 320k.
Where AO M4A Med-Q or AO Opus Hi-Q might not be available, use highest-resolution MP4 video available and extract audio track (without mp3 encoding).

-my 2 cents-
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pseudonym58 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pseudonym58 Ad-Free
30th November 2019, 10:05 PM |#668  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Hello people,
I have a new test version; nothing special added. Just a few minor things here and there.
Basically I made it for the two guys that translated the app into Kurdish and Thai at https://crowdin.com/project/youtubedownloader
(A big thank you to resat7447 and starwalking2017)

Quote:

v6.7.4 [test10] - Nov 30 2019
-----------------------------------
[x] fix for age restricted videos (4)
[x] amoled-black and terminal-green app themes
[x] reverse default dashboard entries order (new on top)
[x] added Kurdish (WIP) and completed Thai translations (thanks resat7447 and starwalking2017)

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to xda_dentex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xda_dentex Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)