FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

The "Welcome to XDA" Thread

8,771 posts
Thanks Meter: 497

By DaveShaw, Senior Moderator Emeritus + Wiki Bureaucrat on 3rd February 2011, 05:04 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th August 2019, 09:56 PM |#12681  
RC-RT Committee / Moderator Committee / Senior Moderator - "Si vis pacem, para bellum"
Thanks Meter: 58,408

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverRampart

Hi!

I have knowledge about somethings, and ignorance of others. I would like to contribute in a helpful way. How can I find people who want to know things I might be able to help them with?

Well if you are referring to Andriod development, then jump into the Q&A's sections and whatever your device is, those forums.

But if you referring to something else, try Facebook.
The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Castle For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Frank Castle Ad-Free
19th August 2019, 06:53 PM |#12682  
Flag Winchester
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hi
I'm Chris & I have been using XDA for a few years now. I just made an account a while back & this is actually my 1st post. I always end up coming here to XDA for rooting my phones, reading articles & downloading apk's etc because I trust this site. Thank all of you for everything you do!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cwayne30 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cwayne30 Ad-Free
21st October 2019, 04:18 AM |#12683  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
hi
Thanks to all the effort from everybody involved. Just getting started but so far it's awesome.
The Following User Says Thank You to fourxero For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fourxero Ad-Free
27th October 2019, 09:22 AM |#12684  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
i registered long time ago. xda is the best!
The Following User Says Thank You to orl4nd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift orl4nd Ad-Free
27th October 2019, 05:43 PM |#12685  
Flag Cosmos
Thanks Meter: 2,080

More
Lightbulb
Quote:
Originally Posted by orl4nd

i registered long time ago. xda is the best!

Never ending knowledge intake and enjoyment! Cheers
29th October 2019, 08:00 PM |#12686  

More
Hello, just wanted to say thanks
Thanks for including the help guide (getting started with xda) so I could read how to thank someone who helped me with an LG annoyance.
The Following User Says Thank You to linlu00 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift linlu00 Ad-Free
29th October 2019, 09:39 PM |#12687  
Forum Moderator
Flag Establishing Battlefield Control... Standby!
Thanks Meter: 8,053

Donate to Me
More
Welcome to all the newcomers!!

Make sure to check out the "How to get started on XDA" guides (most mods have this linked in their signatures), and of course "XDA Rules".

Then you should be all good to go! Hope you all have a fantastic Android journey!

Camo.
XDA Moderation Team
The Following User Says Thank You to CamoGeko For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CamoGeko Ad-Free
7th November 2019, 07:23 AM |#12688  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hello.

I'm Kirill and I'm interested in android development and e-ink devices. Especially, android e-ink phones.

Developing an app for myself. Some of my friends already enjoying it and I will post it here, once I get past 10 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to trulden For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift trulden Ad-Free
25th November 2019, 07:56 AM |#12689  

More
Shout out
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveShaw

Welcome!!!
On the behalf of everyone here at XDA-Developers.com, we would like to welcome you to our forum. We are the world’s leading mobile development forum and now that you have joined, you will be among the population with the world’s most talented mobile developers. Our mantra is a simple one. We are “a development forum by developers, for developers." XDA is a place where many come to help fellow members and further development on almost every mobile device imaginable. Our forum has amassed a great wealth of knowledge and it is now at your fingertips. This thread is a starting place for all new members, such as yourself. Please take a moment to introduce yourself to us in the thread. Let us know who you are, tell us a little bit about yourself, how you became interested in mobile development and hacking, as well as how you found XDA.

Please take a look at the links below. We have added some valuable information that will help guide you to success on XDA.

We wish you luck with all of your endeavors on XDA. Your success here is up to you, but we hope this starting place helps set you on the path to that success. XDA welcomes you with open arms and we thank you for joining our community.

Enjoy your stay!

Mod note: The purpose of this thread is to introduce yourselves. Tell us who you are and why you came to XDA. DO NOT use this thread as a means to boost your post count. If this happens, your posts will be deleted without warning.

I am here to learn more about rooting and what I can achieve with technology and learn how to code and just all around knowledge. I want to say thank you to everyone that has spent countless hours doing all this work just so us noobs can get first hand experience and learn the duo's and don't from people that actually know what to do and correctly. I am trying to find out what all I need to do and how to go about doing it and all the help i can possibly get about getting the most from my LG v20 h910 at&t phone and how I am able to kingroot my device without having to use a PC at all and id like to be able to get my device network unlocked from at&t so I can use my metro pcs by T-Mobile active SIM card from a different phone to work in my v20 at&t phone with out having to pay at&t some crazy price to just give me some digit combination pin that I enter when starting up my phone. I was told if I was to kingroot or root my phone that would SIM unlock or network unlock my phone
The Following User Says Thank You to GixsirJB For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GixsirJB Ad-Free
1st December 2019, 05:59 AM |#12690  

More
Ok don't quite get it
I'm new online and don't quite get how to post anything, let alone a hi.
Hope i'm in the right spot.
I'm 61 yo and have been programming since I was 15.
Probably nobody remembers the TRS80 and Tape recorders.
Oh what fun that was.

Well I have a question about a tablet I purshed which is all messed up but
I have no idea how to post the questions.

Where is the button that says POST?
Anyway I love C++, and Java. I have wrote quite a few apks for android.
HexEditors, USB mounters, formatters, partition checkers, just different projects
to have fun. Can submit some if you like.
Well Hi
The Following User Says Thank You to Twilight Time For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Twilight Time Ad-Free
6th December 2019, 08:36 PM |#12691  
Flag Spring Hill, FL
Thanks Meter: 997

More
Yep trs80, I remember it but didn't own one. Although I did own an Osborne 01 cpm based transportable computer.

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, android application, app developer, blackberry application, google, internet marketing, intro, introduction, ios rulez teh !!!11!!11!, iphone application, jobs is god, knowledge, lordmanhattan was here, new member, nexus, noob club, off topic, say hi, veeman was here, wat dawg wat u doin, web designing

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)