FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

**What phone should I buy next?** -- Not sure what device to buy? Ask here!

14,560 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,276

By KidCarter93, Retired Forum Moderator on 22nd August 2012, 12:26 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st December 2019, 07:51 PM |#11871  
Thanks Meter: 3,087

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSA3

Hii, guys I'm lookin' for a great camera smartphone. All I care about is the camera and also battery life. That being said, I don't really wanna buy Huawei P30 Pro mainly because it's very expensive and I didn't even like the overall design that much, it's kinda too big for me and the lite version was looking so much better to me. So, I loved LG G8s ThinQ everything about the phone is great but I'm not sure about the camera, triple cameras all have 12,12,13 megapixels which kinda worries me. Are those viable for 4:3 only ? I wanna know what megapixels are for 16:9 or whatever full screen ratio is, thanks in advance.

And if anybody has another idea please share with me. I'm also thinkin' about Huawei P30, Xiaomi Mi 9 too....

You can buy the Mi8 right now on Amazon for $250.

It has better specs, than the mid level phones you listed and has last year's flagship processor. Plus the camera is fantastic.

There are many great custom ROMs and the latest Beta Xiaomi.EU rom is absolutely stellar plus is built on Android 10.

The only drawback is a two-week wait before you can unlock the bootloader.
The Following User Says Thank You to tsongming For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tsongming Ad-Free
1st December 2019, 10:10 PM |#11872  
Thanks Meter: 89

More
Hi. Is the K20 pro still the go to phone. Also which sites you recommend to buy phones online?
1st December 2019, 11:28 PM |#11873  
Flag Istanbul
Thanks Meter: 0

More
So after comparing phones on few different sites and watching many review videos, I decided to go with Huawei P30. My second choice would have been LG G8s ThinQ but I only care about camera quality and battery life so even though LG had almost the best processor out there and it has some other good qualities, I didn't really care for them to pay 200 ₺ more. So as for Turkey, I think Huawei P30 offers the best design, camera quality and battery life with the best price. Sure, Xiaomi always have cheaper and similar phones to that one but design of Huawei is really top notch compared to those. So, anyway I just wanna say quote me if you wanna hear some advices over which phone to buy because I really did a lot of research on many of them, so if you tell me what are you looking for I might be able to help you.
1st December 2019, 11:34 PM |#11874  
Thanks Meter: 3,087

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

So after comparing phones on few different sites and watching many review videos, I decided to go with Huawei P30. My second choice would have been LG G8s ThinQ but I only care about camera quality and battery life so even though LG had almost the best processor out there and it has some other good qualities, I didn't really care for them to pay 200 ₺ more. So as for Turkey, I think Huawei P30 offers the best design, camera quality and battery life with the best price. Sure, Xiaomi always have cheaper and similar phones to that one but design of Huawei is really top notch compared to those. So, anyway I just wanna say quote me if you wanna hear some advices over which phone to buy because I really did a lot of research on many of them, so if you tell me what are you looking for I might be able to help you.

Good luck with the bootloader on any Huawei phone.

Those phones were a fantastic option until they decided to no longer be friendly to XDA users.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tsongming For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tsongming Ad-Free
2nd December 2019, 12:46 AM |#11875  

More
Which?
Hello,
It's hard to root my Mate 10 Pro without pay so...

I am looking for a smartphone;
- Extremely easy to root
- good connection 4G or more
- to play games
- game guardian compatible
- less than a year
- 300 euros max

any idea?
2nd December 2019, 08:02 AM |#11876  
Flag Liverpool
Thanks Meter: 2,383

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

If you want root on Huawei you will not get it this century.

LG I would avoid, crazy OS, battery is always poor.

Oneplus 7 pro or 7T or wait for 8
Unreleased pixel wouldn't bother with the 4

For budget is say Xiaomi or even Motorola if you are going low end.

Huawei has a lot to like, the camera is superb, the battery is great and the bodywork is top notch

That being said. EMUI has been, still is and probably always will be massive and unnecessary, GPU power is also weak compared to the adreno, by quite some margin.

Updates are mental and support is hilariously awful.

I have the p20 pro and although I love the points I made on this device too, for what it does right it makes up for with what it gets wrong, so so wrong .

---------- Post added at 08:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naerho

Hello,
It's hard to root my Mate 10 Pro without pay so...

I am looking for a smartphone;
- Extremely easy to root
- good connection 4G or more
- to play games
- game guardian compatible
- less than a year
- 300 euros max

any idea?

Poco F1
Pixel 3 lite or 2nd hand pixel 3 /4
2nd had hand OnePlus 7 (maybe a pro if you're lucky)

Bare in mind the Mali in non Snapdragon phones is not great for emulation etc and you cannot turn off the page file on Huawei/Honor devices (bootloader locked down)

---------- Post added at 08:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeG6

I'm looking for a smartwatch to max 250 euro, most important things: Notifications, Spotify Control and Activity (Gym, Walk, Cycling) with working NFC in the EU (Poland).
I had BIP but the screen fell off and got a refund.

Motorola devices, great value for the price
2nd December 2019, 08:09 AM |#11877  
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dladz

Motorola devices, great value for the price

I extended my budget to 230 euro (1000 zł) can u suggest some device with google pay?
2nd December 2019, 09:11 AM |#11878  

More
And Xiaomi Redmi note 7 pro is ggod for root?
2nd December 2019, 03:47 PM |#11879  
Flag Liverpool

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeG6

I extended my budget to 230 euro (1000 zł) can u suggest some device with google pay?

Not a huge user of GP, but a check against GSM Arena should clear up if it's possible..

So long as NFC is on the device it should have it.

Vast majority of phones have had NFC since the Galaxy SIII Mini.

230?

Did you check the devices I suggested in my last post?

Poco, 2nd hand Pixel / OnePlus.

Some of the Xiaomi devices are cheap for what you get. Could not comment on support for the Xiaomi devices though although if it's anything like OnePlus in the UK RMA was less than a week for me and pixel should be on par.

Poco F1 is probably your best bet.

All the devices mentioned would have google pay, check them out on gsmarena and swappa.
3rd December 2019, 01:49 AM |#11880  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 2,209

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dladz

So long as NFC is on the device it should have it.

Vast majority of phones have had NFC since the Galaxy SIII Mini.

I have a Galaxy s4 gt-i9506. The device supports NFC, however the actual arial for NFC is in the battery, and they do sell batteries without the NFC arial. So, without a supporting battery no NFC,
3rd December 2019, 03:19 AM |#11881  
Flag Liverpool

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondJohn

I have a Galaxy s4 gt-i9506. The device supports NFC, however the actual arial for NFC is in the battery, and they do sell batteries without the NFC arial. So, without a supporting battery no NFC,

eBay mate official should be with NFC unless s region didn't have them / allow NFC .
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
device, new device, new phone, phone, tablet, what to buy, what to choose

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)