FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOL] Tickle My Android - Decompile & Recompile With Ease

6,682 posts
Thanks Meter: 8,510
 
By Ticklefish, Recognized Themer on 3rd May 2012, 05:15 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from Ticklefish: Version 16.3 Available Now!
30th November 2019, 11:02 AM |#7871  
Version 16.3 has just been released! It can be downloaded from here: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid...26312261650333

This features the latest version of apktool (2.4.1) which was released just a few hours ago. This has a lot of fixes and improvements, including being compatible with 32 bit Java again! There's also a new decompiling option that lets you only process the DEX files in the root of the APK. If you know what this means, you know how useful this can be. If you don't know what it means, you don't need to worry about it yet.

The full list of updates to apktool are available here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...postcount=5864
While you're there, don't forget to give @iBotPeaches a thanks for all his hard work. The guy deserves it!

This latest version of TMA also now includes the option to decompile then immediately recompile files. Very handy if you're testing whether a file can recompile without modding.
To go with that, there's the option to recompile then immediately decompile. Extremely useful if you're modding smali and you need to get new references from "public.xml".

Download from the link above, or in the OP, and let me know how you get on!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ticklefish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ticklefish Ad-Free
1st December 2019, 09:54 PM |#7872  
SammyTRK's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dallas, Texas
Thanks Meter: 471
 
More
@Ticklefish
In the next update will you please add the -b option when decompiling? It really helps when diffing files.
Code:
-b,--no-debug-info       don't write out debug info (.local, .param, .line, etc.)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SammyTRK For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SammyTRK Ad-Free
2nd December 2019, 01:42 PM |#7873  
Archangel's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Reno, NV
Thanks Meter: 14,185
 
Donate to Me
More
Thanks for the update brother, def a lot faster! Is the ability to change the background color and text still there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticklefish

Version 16.3 has just been released! It can be downloaded from here: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid...26312261650333

This features the latest version of apktool (2.4.1) which was released just a few hours ago. This has a lot of fixes and improvements, including being compatible with 32 bit Java again! There's also a new decompiling option that lets you only process the DEX files in the root of the APK. If you know what this means, you know how useful this can be. If you don't know what it means, you don't need to worry about it yet.

The full list of updates to apktool are available here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...postcount=5864
While you're there, don't forget to give @iBotPeaches a thanks for all his hard work. The guy deserves it!

This latest version of TMA also now includes the option to decompile then immediately recompile files. Very handy if you're testing whether a file can recompile without modding.
To go with that, there's the option to recompile then immediately decompile. Extremely useful if you're modding smali and you need to get new references from "public.xml".

Download from the link above, or in the OP, and let me know how you get on!

The Following User Says Thank You to Archangel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Archangel Ad-Free
2nd December 2019, 06:18 PM |#7874  
Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyTRK

@Ticklefish
In the next update will you please add the -b option when decompiling? It really helps when diffing files.

Code:
-b,--no-debug-info       don't write out debug info (.local, .param, .line, etc.)

I can do that, sure. The question is when do you need it for? Are you happy to wait for me to code in the below ability?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel

Thanks for the update brother, def a lot faster! Is the ability to change the background color and text still there?

No...but it can easily be reintroduced. It'll take me a few days if that's okay?
The Following User Says Thank You to Ticklefish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ticklefish Ad-Free
2nd December 2019, 06:20 PM |#7875  
SammyTRK's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dallas, Texas
Thanks Meter: 471
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticklefish

I can do that, sure. The question is when do you need it for? Are you happy to wait for me to code in the below ability?

No rush. I am happy to wait. Thanks.
2nd December 2019, 11:43 PM |#7876  
Archangel's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Reno, NV
Thanks Meter: 14,185
 
Donate to Me
More
LOL of course brother was just asking thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticklefish

I can do that, sure. The question is when do you need it for? Are you happy to wait for me to code in the below ability?



No...but it can easily be reintroduced. It'll take me a few days if that's okay?

3rd December 2019, 05:17 PM |#7877  
Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyTRK

No rush. I am happy to wait. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel

LOL of course brother was just asking thank you!

All done. Version 16.4 is available here: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid...26312261651996

Let me know what you think!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ticklefish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ticklefish Ad-Free
3rd December 2019, 10:43 PM |#7878  
SammyTRK's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dallas, Texas
Thanks Meter: 471
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticklefish

All done. Version 16.4 is available here: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid...26312261651996

Let me know what you think!

Very nice, thank you. I like having the color options again too.

Also, the link in that post is borken it takes me to a 404 error. The link in the OP works though.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SammyTRK For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SammyTRK Ad-Free
3rd December 2019, 11:56 PM |#7879  
Archangel's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Reno, NV
Thanks Meter: 14,185
 
Donate to Me
More
You are the man, thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticklefish

All done. Version 16.4 is available here: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid...26312261651996

Let me know what you think!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Archangel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Archangel Ad-Free
4th December 2019, 04:30 AM |#7880  
Thebear j koss's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 19,971
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel

Thanks for the update brother, def a lot faster! Is the ability to change the background color and text still there?

This is essential for late night themers and modders. Besides ease of use, theme colors of TMA was a favorite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticklefish

All done. Version 16.4 is available here: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid...26312261651996

Let me know what you think!

Thanks for keeping this updated and for the quick colors option return. Hopefully things have been getting better for you and the new year brings you health and happiness.


Sent from my OnePlus 7T using Thebear Blue XDA Labs
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thebear j koss For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Thebear j koss Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
apktool, decompile, recompile, smali, xml

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes