FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][ROOT] LMT Launcher v2.9

1,767 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,679
 
By noname81, Senior Member on 2nd November 2011, 09:51 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd December 2019, 09:49 PM |#14081  
IronTechmonkey's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 8,265
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinMo

Version 3.1 of the app, downloaded from the first post of this thread gets detected as a trojan by one of the virustotal av engines, to be specific it's detected by K7GW (which I never heard of...). Why is this? Is the av engine good or famous for false positives?

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/...01dc/detection

The same result for version 2.9...

It would take a schism in the space time continuum to make me think other than this: Only one out of dozens of scanners is flagging multiple versions of a long standing and widely used app with direct contact between developer and bug reporters in this forum = false positive.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
3rd December 2019, 12:27 AM |#14082  
Natakranta's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dublin
Thanks Meter: 6,150
 
More
@noname81, which version is more recent?
v.3.1 beta 2 from this post
Or v.3.1 from OP?

Have you had a chance to look at log I posted on previous page?
New log cat here with LMT force closes.
This is 3.1 from OP
Attached Files
File Type: txt logcat_12-03-2019_00-39-40.txt - [Click for QR Code] (372.3 KB, 10 views)
3rd December 2019, 03:27 PM |#14083  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6,679
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natakranta

@noname81, which version is more recent?
v.3.1 beta 2 from this post
Or v.3.1 from OP?

Have you had a chance to look at log I posted on previous page?
New log cat here with LMT force closes.
This is 3.1 from OP

Both versions are the same. I checked the logcat and cannot see the reason of the crash. Is it the very first crash of lmt after restart? If not, can you provide a logcat from the first startup?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to noname81 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift noname81 Ad-Free
3rd December 2019, 10:32 PM |#14084  
Natakranta's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dublin
Thanks Meter: 6,150
 
More
OP7T
Quote:
Originally Posted by noname81

Both versions are the same. I checked the logcat and cannot see the reason of the crash. Is it the very first crash of lmt after restart? If not, can you provide a logcat from the first startup?

I rebooted the phone and started adb logcat when booting animation was about to finish. I tried to open LMT, first it force closed straight away few times, then it opened black screen and was hanging on it. After a minute I terminated adb logcat. File below on my drive.

adb logcat OP7T

Thank you so much for looking into it.

Edit:
After I finished writing this post I noticed LMT app finally opened, pie opens on screen (I use right edge only), but can't open any app. It does nothing apart of being able to pull down notification panel or Quick settings panel if i slide my finger beyond pie area. Another logcat taken when this happens:
OP7T LMT pie not opening apps
The Following User Says Thank You to Natakranta For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Natakranta Ad-Free
7th December 2019, 06:18 AM |#14085  
Junior Member
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natakranta

I rebooted the phone and started adb logcat when booting animation was about to finish. I tried to open LMT, first it force closed straight away few times, then it opened black screen and was hanging on it. After a minute I terminated adb logcat. File below on my drive.

adb logcat OP7T

Thank you so much for looking into it.

Edit:
After I finished writing this post I noticed LMT app finally opened, pie opens on screen (I use right edge only), but can't open any app. It does nothing apart of being able to pull down notification panel or Quick settings panel if i slide my finger beyond pie area. Another logcat taken when this happens:
OP7T LMT pie not opening apps


Are you rooted and on Q? If yes, kindly try hiding lmt from magisk and denying root access. You may have to allow accessibility again. There is no relevant log in the logcats but i have been facing the same issue (crashes, not the second one of apps not opening).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to s7dhansh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift s7dhansh Ad-Free
7th December 2019, 02:29 PM |#14086  
Natakranta's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dublin
Thanks Meter: 6,150
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7dhansh

Are you rooted and on Q? If yes, kindly try hiding lmt from magisk and denying root access. You may have to allow accessibility again. There is no relevant log in the logcats but i have been facing the same issue (crashes, not the second one of apps not opening).

Thanks for your advise. It helped but I still can't get OP7T to fully work with LMT.
LMT pie works fine without root and accessibility services granted ( I need to use Magisk hide option for LMT). Pie opens apps just fine when root is hidden from LMT. But of course it can't do any root actions without root, like turn screen off or call out power menu.
When I unhide root from LMT and grant LMT root access, pie stops working, it is not opening any apps, pie navigation keys don't work, root actions like screen off key code don't work.
Latest Canary Magisk 20.2 updated today.
10th December 2019, 06:32 AM |#14087  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
LMT 3.1 has issues with android Q.... All features doesnt work. Only some work. Rooted features are not working. and magisk hide will only open the app else it doesnt even open.
10th December 2019, 01:38 PM |#14088  
shaggyskunk's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag IDK
Thanks Meter: 15,809
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinurocks13

LMT 3.1 has issues with android Q.... All features doesnt work. Only some work. Rooted features are not working. and magisk hide will only open the app else it doesnt even open.

I'm guessing* that a Log would be more useful., instead of just saying what's not working for you...
LMT is working as expected on my S10+ One UI V2.0 🐧

Sent from my SM-G975W Running One UI Beta v2.0 🇨🇦
Yesterday, 12:46 AM |#14089  
Tonus1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 54
 
More
Hi,
Your lmt launcher is the first app I have to install on every phone I have. Since years!
I'm trying to run the more foss and found lawnchair to fit my needs. I just miss the ability to go straight from the pie to the app drawer.
Could you please add it like adw or Nova? At least I would be happy to have a look if you could point me in the right direction.
In the meantime I will ask them to better interact with lmt.
Again thank you for your amazing app.

Regards
Yesterday, 03:52 AM |#14090  
Senior Member
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 2,024
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonus1

Hi,
Your lmt launcher is the first app I have to install on every phone I have. Since years!
I'm trying to run the more foss and found lawnchair to fit my needs. I just miss the ability to go straight from the pie to the app drawer.
Could you please add it like adw or Nova? At least I would be happy to have a look if you could point me in the right direction.
In the meantime I will ask them to better interact with lmt.
Again thank you for your amazing app.

Regards

Bit of a hack, but: (NB: the values on the "tap" will depend on your screen resolution)

Code:
input keyevent 3;
sleep 0.25;
input tap 540 1890
First line goes home, the second line gives it 0.25 seconds to respond, the last line taps the screen on the app draw icon (at least on my phone, you may need top change the location)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, gesture, launcher, lmt, pie

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes