FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Did you find this thread useful?

Yes, it was very helpful to me.

1,609 Vote(s)
64.03%
No, I didn't feel it helped me.

416 Vote(s)
16.55%
I don't know.

488 Vote(s)
19.42%

[HELP THREAD] Ask ANY Question. Noob Friendly.

4,428 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,929

Post Reply Email Thread
27th November 2019, 03:20 PM |#44231  
Thanks Meter: 2,409

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyshne

Hello. Could you help me with Xiaomi Redmi Note 4? Check video please.

https :// streamable.com/fi6iy

What happened before this problem?

Start with, press and hold VOLUME UP + POWER for 10 to 15 seconds. Really, count slowly to 20. Release only POWER button when you see Xiaomi logo on the screen. This should take you to recovery.

If that doesn't work, try reconnecting to charging cable to a known good 2 amp charger and hold POWER for 2-3 min. Really, 2-3 min. You seem to let go too fast even to get to recovery.

If this doesn't work, connect to a computer USB port for about 20 minutes. Then reconnect to the 2 amp charger and hold POWER for 2-3 min.

It's possible the flex cable for the power button is bad.
28th November 2019, 02:48 AM |#44232  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Is there any lineage 17 build for the Samsung S6?
28th November 2019, 04:11 AM |#44233  
Thanks Meter: 2,409

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raresh T

Is there any lineage 17 build for the Samsung S6?

Doesn't appear to be. There's no "official" builds on LineageOS' website at all. There's an unofficial 16 build in the S6/S6 Edge unified development forum.
The Following User Says Thank You to ktmom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmom Ad-Free
1st December 2019, 10:16 PM |#44234  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
General MVNO mobile carrier question
I've done some searching on this but couldn't find due to the specific but general nature of the question. I have service through an MVNO on the sprint network. I have a device with a lineage OS 16 on it and after configuring an apn all of my data, service mms works without entering any mvno username information. The original stock rom on said device has mvno username information configured. I know what an mvno is but if the phone works without adding mvno information to an apn is there even any advantage at attempting to add it to an apn configuration? I've heard bad things that can result from having an mvno like lower priority network throttling and stuff but, is there any positive result from having mvno configuration added? or if it works just fine without adding it is it actually better to not add it?
2nd December 2019, 01:56 AM |#44235  
Flag London

More
Apologies again!

Been extremely busy lately and had real hard think about your post(s)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubwayChamp

Well, world of bricked devices don´t have a wide spectrum though more likely your device probably is just soft bricked so you didn´t attempt nothing weird before this started but like I said before you only will know it for sure when you try some tool and everything is not on wheels.

So you think my device is soft bricked? Even though there's nothing on the screen whatsoever, and (mostly) none of the buttons are responsive?

Quote:

it´ll do but if you can turn to QH_USB9008 is a step forward but keep in mind that also a totally damaged device can be recogniced on both ways.

Kinda sucks if it'll still recognise even on a damaged board
Just to further elaborate (again), it was originally QUSB_BULK (not QHUSB or similar) before I downloaded and installed the Qualcomm drivers which then became Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (COM10). Did I do this correctly?

Quote:

Well, donwload mode don´t work this way in LG devices, it could be needed to patch LGlaf and some .dll files to get it working, you can follow some part but keeping in mind that some files are for other different device, here you have also a more general guide about this tool (QPST) https://hostandroid.com/how-to-use-qpst-tool/
Download from here the tool, I took a look inside documentation and it claims that work also for SD845 so probably it does for SD835 also https://www.mediafire.com/file/9bb4v..._2018.zip/file

Finally you just have to give it a try to some solution, nothing worst can happen.

If I can't get anything on the screen, can't root the phone, can't get to EDL mode, can't do adb, can't enable debugging mode...how am I going to make a backup or dump of the entire device?

Can this QPST Tool be able to overcome my limitations??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

Because, android has partitions for everything, it isn't like PC where you only have system partition and storage.

Pretty much, internal storage is only data that you have added such as photos, videos, downloaded files, etc....basically, only user data stuff, not the /system partition or the /data partition. Granting USB access to internal storage does not grant access to /system or /data.

The type of USB activity that you wish to do or partition(s) that you want to access determines the type of USB access you need.

It's all about permissions and security, android uses a linux based kernel, which means, just like with linux, permission for everything must be specifically granted or denied.

Each part of your device(recovery, download mode, fastboot mode, adb, MTP, etc..) that can be connected/accessed/modified via USB is, in effect, treated as a separate "device", requiring a driver for each "device", which means you don't necessarily get 100% USB connection to every part of your device 100% of the time just by connecting to USB. You have to choose a door, you can't necessarily go through them all at the same time.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

Probably one of the best explanations out there! This makes much more sense when watching all these youtube videos of similar topics. Big thanks!

So if I am correct, is this where an EDL cable or Device/box comes in to access all the hidden partitions?
And this can't be done at all with normal USB and QPST Tools or anything??

Quote:

PROGRESSION STARTS HERE

I'm honestly grateful for taking the time to answering my posts, I really appreciate it despite living in absolute misery and hard times lately, loosing everything and finding it hard to move forward.

Probably after the next round of response to this post, I think I'm going to go for it...going to do it. I really just want to make sure of everything. Really don't want to muck it up and loose everything (despite the fact I might've already! )
2nd December 2019, 02:07 AM |#44236  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokia_8_fan

Apologies again!

So you think my device is soft bricked? Even though there's nothing on the screen whatsoever, and (mostly) none of the buttons are responsive?

Just to further elaborate (again), it was originally QUSB_BULK (not QHUSB or similar) before I downloaded and installed the Qualcomm drivers which then became Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (COM10). Did I do this correctly?

If I can't get anything on the screen, can't root the phone, can't get to EDL mode, can't do adb, can't enable debugging mode...how am I going to make a backup or dump of the entire device?

Probably one of the best explanations out there! This makes much more sense when watching all these youtube videos of similar topics. Big thanks!

So if I am correct, is this where an EDL cable or Device/box comes in to access all the hidden partitions?

I'm honestly grateful for taking the time to answering my posts, I really appreciate it despite living in absolute misery and hard times lately, loosing everything and finding it hard to move forward.

Probably after the next round of response to this post, I think I'm going to go for it...going to do it. I really just want to make sure of everything. Really don't want to muck it up and loose everything (despite the fact I might've already! )

QPST tools are used on some of the hidden partitions, such as modem but I'm not familiar with which they can or can't access. It is a tool that is used to unbrick devices depending on the state they are in.

I'm no expert on the specifics of EDL mode or most of the unbrick tools and methods. I only have a general knowledge through observation and reading. I'm pretty careful with my devices so I've never been in a position that required any kind of hardcore unbrick tools and methods. I've unbricked a few devices but none of them were in a state that was challenging to correct.

I was more or less just giving a general explanation of how USB functionality is handled on android devices and how the kernel works in regard to USB connectivity.

If the device will not make any kind of connection at all, the only other option is for a professional shop to pull your data from the device via a process that requires connecting leads to certain points on the motherboard/internal sdcard.

The Following User Says Thank You to Droidriven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Droidriven Ad-Free
2nd December 2019, 03:38 AM |#44237  
Thanks Meter: 721

More
Quote:

Apologies again!

The exact status of your device will be defined for some tool/application when you use it and atleast you can have some result (good or bad). (As I said you previously)

How is now detected your device is the correct (As I said you previously too)

Regarding if some tool/application would work to dump some partitions, As I also said you I´m very incredulous how much you can expect from a software that come from a tool but without the tool, I mean you can get some software on the net that was made for some box/dongle but I don´t think that you get much only with the software without the box. And regarding QPST or some similar Qualcomm Downloader tool may I´m wrong but same way I don´t think that they can do much with it.

In download status a good and suitable tool can read absolutely all partitions just meeting the conditions of a stable connection and the sectors on the motherboard be readable. We can use as an example Miracle Box and there are more similar to it but again you would need the hardware to do the miracle.

Probably reading two times is better that asking two times cause the second answer can confuse you more than the first.

Really most of these questions were answered previously and I think no sense to respond the same question that in my vision will have ever the same answer.

Please don´t get me wrong, I really feel sorry for your situation but no one get help from a false optimism and keeping alive your hopes along a prolonged time just procrastinating the action won´t help you at all.

The next step for you is incredibly easy to walk and it doesn't matter if the final is good or bad if you do things right, you will be at peace so that it cannot take you to any other result regardless of your expectations.
A step not taken is just a wasted time...
The Following User Says Thank You to SubwayChamp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SubwayChamp Ad-Free
3rd December 2019, 12:15 AM |#44238  
Flag London

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

QPST tools are used on some of the hidden partitions, such as modem but I'm not familiar with which they can or can't access. It is a tool that is used to unbrick devices depending on the state they are in.

I'm no expert on the specifics of EDL mode or most of the unbrick tools and methods. I only have a general knowledge through observation and reading. I'm pretty careful with my devices so I've never been in a position that required any kind of hardcore unbrick tools and methods. I've unbricked a few devices but none of them were in a state that was challenging to correct.

I was more or less just giving a general explanation of how USB functionality is handled on android devices and how the kernel works in regard to USB connectivity.

If the device will not make any kind of connection at all, the only other option is for a professional shop to pull your data from the device via a process that requires connecting leads to certain points on the motherboard/internal sdcard.

Regardless of your actual experience, you still gave a pretty good explanation, I would not have known about the accessing of the partitions.

In regards to that, how would I gain access to those partitions via USB appearing in Qualcomm 9008 in device manager? and in the state my device is in?

Quote:

The exact status of your device will be defined for some tool/application when you use it and atleast you can have some result (good or bad). (As I said you previously)

How is now detected your device is the correct (As I said you previously too)

Regarding if some tool/application would work to dump some partitions, As I also said you I´m very incredulous how much you can expect from a software that come from a tool but without the tool, I mean you can get some software on the net that was made for some box/dongle but I don´t think that you get much only with the software without the box. And regarding QPST or some similar Qualcomm Downloader tool may I´m wrong but same way I don´t think that they can do much with it.

In download status a good and suitable tool can read absolutely all partitions just meeting the conditions of a stable connection and the sectors on the motherboard be readable. We can use as an example Miracle Box and there are more similar to it but again you would need the hardware to do the miracle.

Probably reading two times is better that asking two times cause the second answer can confuse you more than the first.

Really most of these questions were answered previously and I think no sense to respond the same question that in my vision will have ever the same answer.

Please don´t get me wrong, I really feel sorry for your situation but no one get help from a false optimism and keeping alive your hopes along a prolonged time just procrastinating the action won´t help you at all.

The next step for you is incredibly easy to walk and it doesn't matter if the final is good or bad if you do things right, you will be at peace so that it cannot take you to any other result regardless of your expectations.
A step not taken is just a wasted time...

I was going to answer your points individually but I gave it a shot, and I thought to report it before I forget or get lazy. Apologies!
I connected my device and 15 minutes later is appeared in Device Manager as Qualcomm 9008.
I opened QFIL (from QPST folder) and I was able to select my device. Did nothing more as I thought this was a god start.

Then I opened eMMC Software Download app, purely out of curiosity. In the beginning it didn't do this, but after clocking here and there, and eventually loading the software later in the evening, the icon changes with it now labelled with the port number along with Download Mode, thus COM10 Phone in Download Mode.
I click the browse button and this is happening. Either I didn't lave it long enough or it's stuck there forever.

If I close it and reopen it, it no longer does this.

EFS Explorer as I thought this is exactly what I need if I need to go through my device.

Repeating the same process as eMMC software, this one opens up like this.

I can select the phone and click Okay, but nothing happens. I even click the "Connect" button to try again but nothing happens. It still remains like this.

I hope this gives you more insight as to what is happening with me and my device. And as always I look forward to your thoughts, especially now after posting this! 🙏
3rd December 2019, 05:05 AM |#44239  

More
Quote:

Regardless of your actual experience, you still gave a pretty good explanation, I would not have known about the accessing of the partitions.

In regards to that, how would I gain access to those partitions via USB appearing in Qualcomm 9008 in device manager? and in the state my device is in?

I was going to answer your points individually but I gave it a shot, and I thought to report it before I forget or get lazy. Apologies!
I connected my device and 15 minutes later is appeared in Device Manager as Qualcomm 9008.
I opened QFIL (from QPST folder) and I was able to select my device. Did nothing more as I thought this was a god start.

Then I opened eMMC Software Download app, purely out of curiosity. In the beginning it didn't do this, but after clocking here and there, and eventually loading the software later in the evening, the icon changes with it now labelled with the port number along with Download Mode, thus COM10 Phone in Download Mode.
I click the browse button and this is happening. Either I didn't lave it long enough or it's stuck there forever.

If I close it and reopen it, it no longer does this.

EFS Explorer as I thought this is exactly what I need if I need to go through my device.

Repeating the same process as eMMC software, this one opens up like this.

I can select the phone and click Okay, but nothing happens. I even click the "Connect" button to try again but nothing happens. It still remains like this.

I hope this gives you more insight as to what is happening with me and my device. And as always I look forward to your thoughts, especially now after posting this!

Apparently you didn´t set it up preloader file (Sahara file) +patch0 + RawProgramm. If your rom zip doesn´t contain the proper files needed for the tool then you can´t use it.

We can not cover here the several points, tricks and workarounds regarding this tool otherwise this would become in an endless round trip and this tool and similar needs a separate chapter.

The usage of this tool is widely discussed all over the net and I think is better take a look on every of them till you find a similar situation that was solved previously. It´s not needed that is from the same model but from a similar one could be applied too.

These are some threads where you should start the trip:

How to use QPST

How to use Qfil

An active Discussion Thread about QPST
The Following User Says Thank You to SubwayChamp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SubwayChamp Ad-Free
3rd December 2019, 04:48 PM |#44240  
Flag London

More
Quote:

Apparently you didn´t set it up preloader file (Sahara file) +patch0 + RawProgramm. If your rom zip doesn´t contain the proper files needed for the tool then you can´t use it.

We can not cover here the several points, tricks and workarounds regarding this tool otherwise this would become in an endless round trip and this tool and similar needs a separate chapter.

The usage of this tool is widely discussed all over the net and I think is better take a look on every of them till you find a similar situation that was solved previously. It´s not needed that is from the same model but from a similar one could be applied too.

These are some threads where you should start the trip:

How to use QPST

How to use Qfil

An active Discussion Thread about QPST

Thanks for the links, of course we don' want to spend TOO much time on that topic.

However if I am correct, what you are presenting me here is how to Flash my phone, right?
It is my understanding that flashing my phone will permanently erase all my personal data.

This is not what I am attempting to do first. My priority is to recover/backup/dump this data before doing any kind of flashing. I really need to retrieve my Contacts and SMS messages at the very least.

Do you know if anything under QPST is capable of doing this?

Thanks once again, we can make this happen!
3rd December 2019, 08:12 PM |#44241  

More
Quote:

Thanks for the links, of course we don' want to spend TOO much time on that topic.

However if I am correct, what you are presenting me here is how to Flash my phone, right?
It is my understanding that flashing my phone will permanently erase all my personal data.

This is not what I am attempting to do first. My priority is to recover/backup/dump this data before doing any kind of flashing. I really need to retrieve my Contacts and SMS messages at the very least.

Do you know if anything under QPST is capable of doing this?

Thanks once again, we can make this happen!

It is hard to confirm exactly, some tools don´t overwrite data depending on which firmware you flash and if userdata partition is not overwritten then it remains intact, probably you can take out the userdata image (if your rom contains it) and not flash it and installing the same firmware version it would be possible.

In Qfil there is an option to backup/restore, I don´t know exactly what is backed up and what not so I never tested this feature, I only use it to unbrick https://www.getdroidtips.com/how-to-...lcomm-devices/

As a side note I saw many times people losing contacts number due to they didn´t care their contacts and they didn´t synchronize with some account and the way that they try to recover them is publishing a phrase like "I lost all my contacts" or something similar in WhatsApp profile, people interested in will take contact with the person and those that they aren´t don´t, finally you won´t lose nothing that really matters.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, beginner, confused, guidance, help needed, help thread, lost, newbie, noob, questions and answers

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)