FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Was this thread helpful?

Yes, I am happy with the replies.

1,177 Vote(s)
59.18%
Yes, kind of.

470 Vote(s)
23.63%
No, needs improvement.

342 Vote(s)
17.19%

[Ask Any Question][Newbie Friendly]

13,517 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,752

By Droidriven, Senior Member on 29th April 2013, 01:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd December 2019, 02:24 AM |#29921  
Thanks Meter: 727

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by superbru786

I've tried all the things you told me bro but its still not working unfortunately. I notice in recovery mode it says "failed to mount efs". Could this be the problem why its not booting?

No, it´s due to FRP protection, the partition where is allocated IMEI/s remains unmounted. Sorry, I can´t help you further, it´s against the rules.
3rd December 2019, 04:30 AM |#29922  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubwayChamp

No, it´s due to FRP protection, the partition where is allocated IMEI/s remains unmounted. Sorry, I can´t help you further, it´s against the rules.

Okay not a problem i understand. Thanks alot for your help until this point bro
3rd December 2019, 08:20 AM |#29923  
Flag Mumbai

More
TWRP Recovery
I have a tablet IBall Slide Snap 4g2 to with I ported a recovery for Panasonic Eluga ray x. I succeeded in porting but there is only one problem, that is , screen. You see, Slide is a tablet. So twrp will have landscape orientation (screen) for it. But the touch is still vertical orientation. So I tried searching every post on XDA as well as on the internet . But I only found one solution and that is also not working. Please help.
Thanks in advance
3rd December 2019, 08:59 AM |#29924  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranav Talmale

I have a tablet IBall Slide Snap 4g2 to with I ported a recovery for Panasonic Eluga ray x. I succeeded in porting but there is only one problem, that is , screen. You see, Slide is a tablet. So twrp will have landscape orientation (screen) for it. But the touch is still vertical orientation. So I tried searching every post on XDA as well as on the internet . But I only found one solution and that is also not working. Please help.

Thanks in advance

Try connecting a mouse or keyboard to the device, then use the mouse or keyboard to make your selections.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
3rd December 2019, 12:52 PM |#29925  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 2,008

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranav Talmale

Thanks in advance

As you have ported the binary from TWRP, you are approaching building it. I would suggest the thread https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=1943625 for building TWRP. You will find many posts on how to adjust the mapping of the screen co-ordinates. However, I do not know if the changes will need to be compiled in.
4th December 2019, 07:25 PM |#29926  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
I discovered the version of Android I'm on has severe security flaws I'd like fixed as soon as possible.

I'd like to know if it's possible to manually apply a security patch on a specfic system component without rebuilding the whole system ?

I'm using a custom ROM where OTA hasn't been implemented and that is no longer updated.

This ROM is based on AOSP (AEX) so I think I can apply the patch on the affected components without breaking everything. But I'm not sure about if I can simply compile/take the fixed version and replace the flawed component with it or if I should replace it in the source of the ROM, build it, then flash it, considering the later as less than ideal.

What should I do then ? I already searched the web but I've found nothing but unanswered questions.
4th December 2019, 11:45 PM |#29927  
Flag Sydney

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atronid

I discovered the version of Android I'm on has severe security flaws I'd like fixed as soon as possible.

I'd like to know if it's possible to manually apply a security patch on a specfic system component without rebuilding the whole system ?

I'm using a custom ROM where OTA hasn't been implemented and that is no longer updated.

This ROM is based on AOSP (AEX) so I think I can apply the patch on the affected components without breaking everything. But I'm not sure about if I can simply compile/take the fixed version and replace the flawed component with it or if I should replace it in the source of the ROM, build it, then flash it, considering the later as less than ideal.

What should I do then ? I already searched the web but I've found nothing but unanswered questions.

A "security flaw" if a very broad statement.

If you have a specific security flaw, it may be localised to an update-able portion/component of your ROM. However, many security updates need to be compiled into the ROM.

A common security fix, and simple possibility is through adding a SELinux deny. A change like that can be coded as part of the boot through Magisk.It really depends on which security flaw you are trying to fix.
The Following User Says Thank You to DiamondJohn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DiamondJohn Ad-Free
5th December 2019, 07:28 AM |#29928  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondJohn

A "security flaw" if a very broad statement.

If you have a specific security flaw, it may be localised to an update-able portion/component of your ROM. However, many security updates need to be compiled into the ROM.

A common security fix, and simple possibility is through adding a SELinux deny. A change like that can be coded as part of the boot through Magisk.It really depends on which security flaw you are trying to fix.

Thanks for answering ! The security flaws I'm trying to fix are here: https://threatpost.com/google-critic...s-flaw/150764/
One is about the Framework component and the two others are (again) from the Media Framework. I don't know if these two system components are updatable, though. What do you think ?
5th December 2019, 07:56 AM |#29929  
Flag Sydney

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atronid

Thanks for answering ! The security flaws I'm trying to fix are here: https://threatpost.com/google-critic...s-flaw/150764/
One is about the Framework component and the two others are (again) from the Media Framework. I don't know if these two system components are updatable, though. What do you think ?

Lots of references to "framework". Without looking at the changes specifically, I would estimate the way would be via a merge and compile. I would *guess* is that you would most likely have to merge in any other prior security updates, since your current build, up to this one.

The easiest way to get the latest security patches (if they are not already in the latest build of your ROM) is to upgrade to the latest stable version of android for your device.
The Following User Says Thank You to DiamondJohn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DiamondJohn Ad-Free
5th December 2019, 12:57 PM |#29930  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondJohn

Lots of references to "framework". Without looking at the changes specifically, I would estimate the way would be via a merge and compile. I would *guess* is that you would most likely have to merge in any other prior security updates, since your current build, up to this one.

The easiest way to get the latest security patches (if they are not already in the latest build of your ROM) is to upgrade to the latest stable version of android for your device.

Arg, that's definitely bad news. Anyway, thank you so much for your answers !
5th December 2019, 01:32 PM |#29931  
Flag Karachi

More
Hello everyone,

I want to ask; suppose I formatted SD card as internal memory (in Android 6+) as I know this will format, encrypt and transfer existing applications+data to SD card.

My question is, if I want to move back to internal storage and unmount SD card will it transfer latest application data from SD to internal? if no how to do this?

Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, bricked phone, cwm roms and kernels, help thread, noob, noob friendly, question, rcs in action

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)