[Q] JPC and the nv_data, product code, IMEI

Search This thread

fbloise

Jan 16, 2006
London
i have a sgs with an even worse problem...

a friend of mine did all this to his SGS now the phone only displays emergency calls only. I believe he didnt perform a backup of his nv_data.bin

is there any way to repair it?

NWolf

Sep 24, 2009
www.communityhosting.net
i have a sgs with an even worse problem...

a friend of mine did all this to his SGS now the phone only displays emergency calls only. I believe he didnt perform a backup of his nv_data.bin

is there any way to repair it?

Nope. There's no way to rebuild the IMEI. There are some places that will do it, from what I understand, but I don't know anything about them.

z28james

Jun 13, 2009
You can try deleting the entire efs folder. There are reports of successful restoration.

This will leave you with the test IMEI. If your carrier has yet to block it, you will be able to make calls but the market will stop functioning. I actually sent my phone to samsung and they fixed this problem for free (they even paid for shipping).

szalap

Jan 4, 2011
Hi
Is it possible to extract bml3.bak from backup made with CWM (all files have .img extension)?
I need it, because I've changed ROM from branded one (in Orange) to DARKY's and found out later, that it brought back network lock. I can't unlock it with common ways and reason for that, supposingly, is overwritten bml3.bak after installing stock firmware.

Do you know maybe any other, successful method to unlock it?

Thanks for all answers :).

smoothkiller

Oct 28, 2011
Replacing the IMEI is a lot harder than replacing the product code in nv_data.bin. Where the product code is stored as plain text, the IMEI is stored in an encrypted format. I already spent a few hours trying to locate it, but so far no luck.
I'm willing to keep on investigating, but I'll need some more correct nv_data.bin files to spot the differences. So, if you have a nv_data.bin and you are willing to provide me the file, please PM me.

Thanks,

Xander

Were you able to extract the IMEI from nv_data.bin file? If you are let me know. I am still trying to decode the code. How to do it? Any help from you is really great.

peraburek

Jan 14, 2012
tab 10.1 product code

please are there any Tab 10.1 owners

I don't know what goes in front of Product Code?

GT-P7500UWDXEU, currently I have "REV__"

but this nv_data.bin was messed up
can somebody copy paste this info, please?
thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Reve40 copied my original post on frandroid with my authorization, i have modified it for you and corrected 2 errors, sorry for my english.

Flash 2.1 rom for apply this method. If you like 2.2 reflash after, this method not work directly on 2.2 rom.

This method work for galaxy s with damaged nv_data caused by froyo JPC (good imei but unlock code required)

this method is to recreate a new unlock code and allow the phone to unlock with new unlock code

I post this on frandroid with pictures and link for software:

h***://forum.frandroid.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=26052

This method work fine for change product code:D

Save your efs/ folder.

need root, busybox and sdk android

connect in usb your phone:

Extract your nv_data.bin with sdk:

adb pull /efs/nv_data.bin

nv_data.bin saved on tools repertory on your sdk folder

Edit your nv_data.bin with hexadecimal editor (I use Edithexa)

Offset 188021 (page 3137) put "XEF" (for france) or your code After GT-I9000HKD (this is change your product code GT-I9000HKDXEF for me)

Offset 18146E (page 3083) Change "FFFFFFFF" to "00000000" This change your provider unlock code to 00000000.

Save

Insert your nv_data.bin with sdk:

adb shell "mkdir /sdcard/efs"
    adb push nv_data.bin /sdcard/efs
    adb shell
    su
    mv /efs/.nv_data.bak /efs/.nv_data.bakk
    mv /efs/.nv_data.bak.md5 /efs/.nv_data.bakk.md5
    rm /efs/nv_data.bin
    rm /efs/nv_data.bin.md5
    rm /efs/.nv2.bak
    rm /efs/.nv2.bak.md5
    busybox cp /sdcard/efs/nv_data.bin /efs/nv_data.bin
    chmod 755 /efs/nv_data.bin
    chown radio.radio /efs/nv_data.bin

ctrl+c

if you have errors on the chown command, change radio.radio by 1001.1001

I renamed nv_data.bak and nv_data.bak.md5 to nv_data.bakk and nv_data.bakk.md5, this files be removed after.
    .nv2.bak and .nv2.bak.md5 not present in some galaxy s

disconnect, remove battery 30s

If you don't have sim inserted, put one

restart your phone, your unlock code is 00000000, if don't work, reboot normally your phone and retry the code (the phone says wrong code but it's work).

Check if your imei is good (*#06#)

After I have bugs (micro restart on jm1 new), I reflash with Odin my JM1 New with re-partition checked (not tested other firmware)

Root your phone, install busybox

restart (at this time your phone create a new nv_data.bin.md5)

Create .bak files with sdk:

connect your phone on usb

adb shell
    su
    rm /efs/.nv_data.bakk
    rm /efs/.nv_data.bakk.md5
    busybox cp /efs/nv_data.bin /efs/.nv_data.bak
    busybox cp /efs/nv_data.bin.md5 /efs/.nv_data.bak.md5
    chown radio.radio /efs/.nv_data.bak
    chown radio.radio /efs/.nv_data.bak.md5

Ctrl+c

if you have errors on the chown command, change radio.radio by 1001.1001

Disconnect your phone, it's finish.

Save your efs folder, your phone was unlocked for all operators, fonctionnal and have good imei with *#06# command:p

Sorry for my english, I hope I have helped you