FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Recovering MIUI Notes

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By InkredibleUser1, Junior Member on 16th December 2011, 07:49 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I looked through other threads and searches and searched and couldnt find an answer, sorry if i bother or upset anyone by starting this new thread, that is not my intentions.

Model-Droid Incredible
Previous Rom-MIUI
Current Rom MCsense 2.5

Simple question, frustrating topic (on my behalf), doubtful answer.

Ok soooo, the MIUI roms has a stock notes app. I used it frequently and had some notes on there i wish i had now. Problem is, MIUI started giving me problems force stopping and what not and i was forced to flash a new rom. IT didnt cross my mind to screen shot the notes as the notes i had weren't the first thing on my mind. I know MIUI had/has its own file when you look in the file manager on your phone but my question is:

Were the notes on the MIUI notes app saved in any way, in any place on the sdcard or phone to where i could recover the notes i had when MIUI was my functioning rom. I still have the MIUI folder on my phone but i cannot find the notes i HAD but i know they were saved obviously because they were saved when the rom was functioning. Anyone have any ideas?

I assume i've lost the notes forever but this was worth asking to me. Please forgive me is i piss anyone off by starting this new thread but i honestly did look and search on here and Google and other forum sites including looking through MIUI info. Thanks for your time spent reading.

Inkredibleuser1
16th December 2011, 08:04 PM |#2  
cmlusco's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Michigan City, IN
Thanks Meter: 976
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by InkredibleUser1

I looked through other threads and searches and searched and couldnt find an answer, sorry if i bother or upset anyone by starting this new thread, that is not my intentions.

Model-Droid Incredible
Previous Rom-MIUI
Current Rom MCsense 2.5

Simple question, frustrating topic (on my behalf), doubtful answer.

Ok soooo, the MIUI roms has a stock notes app. I used it frequently and had some notes on there i wish i had now. Problem is, MIUI started giving me problems force stopping and what not and i was forced to flash a new rom. IT didnt cross my mind to screen shot the notes as the notes i had weren't the first thing on my mind. I know MIUI had/has its own file when you look in the file manager on your phone but my question is:

Were the notes on the MIUI notes app saved in any way, in any place on the sdcard or phone to where i could recover the notes i had when MIUI was my functioning rom. I still have the MIUI folder on my phone but i cannot find the notes i HAD but i know they were saved obviously because they were saved when the rom was functioning. Anyone have any ideas?

I assume i've lost the notes forever but this was worth asking to me. Please forgive me is i piss anyone off by starting this new thread but i honestly did look and search on here and Google and other forum sites including looking through MIUI info. Thanks for your time spent reading.

Inkredibleuser1


If you did a nandroid of your last miui install just restore it, write down your notes, and then nandroid back to your current rom. That is probably the only way.
15th February 2012, 07:55 AM |#3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
Try this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...81&postcount=8
3rd June 2012, 04:50 AM |#4  
mobilemsseana's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 36
 
More
Miui export tool
In Miui notes if you use the Menu key you will get an option for exporting text to your SD card. Select this option and your notes will be backed up to your SD.
26th July 2012, 02:52 AM |#5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilemsseana

In Miui notes if you use the Menu key you will get an option for exporting text to your SD card. Select this option and your notes will be backed up to your SD.

so we have export tools to text file, can u tell us how to retrieve it? thanks
25th March 2015, 06:24 PM |#6  
jaya_indo's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Tangerang
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Database MIUI Notes data export with Titanium Backup
Hello,
maybe im too late reply this question, but i hope it usefull for any who needed this info right now.
I found myself exported my MIUI Notes data to *.csv format. For someone who (only) need the content of their MIUI Notes, may try this:
1. Install Titanium Backup (with root rights, of course),
2. Tap Backup/Restore,
3. Tap & hold on Notes app (it will open the special features)
4. Tap on "Explore" (it will open the location of the data. The accesible field were in bold font)
5. Tap on "[TABLE] data" (it will summon the "Select the columns for CSV"), tick whichever field you prefers.
6. Tap on "Save file locally" or other options fit to your need
7. Locate the CSV file, open with office application.
Ahh, finished !


Quote:
Originally Posted by InkredibleUser1

I looked through other threads and searches and searched and couldnt find an answer, sorry if i bother or upset anyone by starting this new thread, that is not my intentions.

Model-Droid Incredible
Previous Rom-MIUI
Current Rom MCsense 2.5

Simple question, frustrating topic (on my behalf), doubtful answer.

Ok soooo, the MIUI roms has a stock notes app. I used it frequently and had some notes on there i wish i had now. Problem is, MIUI started giving me problems force stopping and what not and i was forced to flash a new rom. IT didnt cross my mind to screen shot the notes as the notes i had weren't the first thing on my mind. I know MIUI had/has its own file when you look in the file manager on your phone but my question is:

Were the notes on the MIUI notes app saved in any way, in any place on the sdcard or phone to where i could recover the notes i had when MIUI was my functioning rom. I still have the MIUI folder on my phone but i cannot find the notes i HAD but i know they were saved obviously because they were saved when the rom was functioning. Anyone have any ideas?

I assume i've lost the notes forever but this was worth asking to me. Please forgive me is i piss anyone off by starting this new thread but i honestly did look and search on here and Google and other forum sites including looking through MIUI info. Thanks for your time spent reading.

Inkredibleuser1

25th July 2018, 12:15 AM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaya_indo

Hello,
maybe im too late reply this question, but i hope it usefull for any who needed this info right now.
I found myself exported my MIUI Notes data to *.csv format. For someone who (only) need the content of their MIUI Notes, may try this:
1. Install Titanium Backup (with root rights, of course),
2. Tap Backup/Restore,
3. Tap & hold on Notes app (it will open the special features)
4. Tap on "Explore" (it will open the location of the data. The accesible field were in bold font)
5. Tap on "[TABLE] data" (it will summon the "Select the columns for CSV"), tick whichever field you prefers.
6. Tap on "Save file locally" or other options fit to your need
7. Locate the CSV file, open with office application.
Ahh, finished !

Hi. Is it working..? I want to backup my notes too before change my ROM
14th December 2019, 05:57 PM |#8  
TrueHD's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Minsk
Thanks Meter: 32
 
More
This .csv seems to be OK on the Phone, with english and russian letters (my native language is russian). But when open on PC = all russian symbols are hieroglyphs, like wrong coding or something.

I think it's solvable, but more important question is how to restore from that .CSV to Google Keep or ColorNote or another app that supports multi-platform synchro?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
incredible, miui, miui notes, notes

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes