FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Guide+Video] How to run Fallout 1 & 2 on Android with QEMU

838 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,282

By RolandDeschain79, Inactive Recognized Contributor on 3rd September 2012, 05:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st September 2016, 08:59 PM |#71  
OP Inactive Recognized Contributor
Flag Toronto

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deminted4ever

I was able to install FALLOUT 2 with exagear rpg (sadly I can't do it from SD CARD) and am having issues trying to get the controls to function "ferrum" doesn't work due to the touch being way off so I have to use "oxygen" I heard mention of being able to optimize and create your own control scheme but cannot find a tutorial on the subject. PLEASE HELP (also I installed GOG version like instructed and it didn't install patches build it but not a huge deal it does play just need help with controls)

When playing Fallout with ExagearRPG, use the Ferrum controls but press the "Sync" bottom in the upper right hand corner, you may have to push it a few times. That should help with the touch sync mouse issue. It should be fixed with my ExaGear files but I guess its still glitched.

How to Add custom controls
-Many games are playable but not yet officially supported by ExaGear.
-Setting up custom onscreen controls or using Bluetooth/OTG devices can help make games playable on your device.
-I recommend adding custom onscreen controls with the paid GameKeyboard + app Here:
-Follow the apps setup instructions
-Customize the onscreen controls
-Reduce the transparency to better see the game with the onscreen overlay.
-Enable Non-Blocking mode so that the onscreen controls won't block ExaGears touchscreen input.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sync.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	226.9 KB
ID:	3861922  
31st January 2018, 03:24 PM |#72  
Flag Bedford
Thanks Meter: 10

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RolandDeschain79

When playing Fallout with ExagearRPG, use the Ferrum controls but press the "Sync" bottom in the upper right hand corner, you may have to push it a few times. That should help with the touch sync mouse issue. It should be fixed with my ExaGear files but I guess its still glitched.

How to Add custom controls
-Many games are playable but not yet officially supported by ExaGear.
-Setting up custom onscreen controls or using Bluetooth/OTG devices can help make games playable on your device.
-I recommend adding custom onscreen controls with the paid GameKeyboard + app Here:
-Follow the apps setup instructions
-Customize the onscreen controls
-Reduce the transparency to better see the game with the onscreen overlay.
-Enable Non-Blocking mode so that the onscreen controls won't block ExaGears touchscreen input.

Are these used in addition to the included controls (Cuprum/Helium) or in addition to? Does this remove the need to pay for a control subscription if you are using a BT mouse?
31st January 2018, 05:11 PM |#73  
OP Inactive Recognized Contributor
Flag Toronto

More
custom controls
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeoldgreat1

Are these used in addition to the included controls (Cuprum/Helium) or in addition to? Does this remove the need to pay for a control subscription if you are using a BT mouse?

The custom controls are used in addition to the regular built in controls such as Cuprum/Helium. This won't get around needing to own one of these controllers to launch games but you can use custom controls to circumvent having to buy all the controller sets.
24th September 2018, 07:00 AM |#74  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I know this is an old method. Does this still work, or is there a better way?
23rd December 2019, 04:29 AM |#75  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideyguy123

I know this is an old method. Does this still work, or is there a better way?

At the very least, I can tell you it doesn't work on Android 10 - the libSDL apk is out of date, which is why I was commenting here - would anyone happen to know how exactly to update it? The stuff that comes up when I search for it doesn't have the SDL folder that this method requires, so I'm left somewhat confused.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cyangeonmod, fallout for android, fallout game, fallout2, hp touchpad

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)