Post Reply Email Thread
28th December 2019, 10:40 PM |#681  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 2,252

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by herlgl

I got 6.6.2 installed and wanted to update to the newest version. I downloaded the apk and got to the dialog where it asks me if I want to update and I can click "Install". It then fails without errors and says "app was not installed".
MIUI 10.5, Android 9.
Is there a log anywhere? I have full root access.

I read this on your site:
> If the “install” button is not working, temporary disable apps as Halo, Screenfilter, Twilight, LastPass password manager or anything similar (apps that do “draw on other apps”);
But I don't think I have any such app (and the "install" button does 'work' in the sense of it doing something - no idea if you actually meant that it does not do anything?).

Quote:

Does not work. Same problem.

A "logcat" would possibly explain what has gone wrong.
28th December 2019, 11:00 PM |#682  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondJohn

A "logcat" would possibly explain what has gone wrong.

Ok I got the error.
Seems that someone *cough* froze the com.miui.guardprovider app that MIUI seems to use to check the to-be-installed app.
Well at least now I know what the app is good for.
29th December 2019, 12:16 AM |#683  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6,704

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudonym58

Starting today, after downloading m4a files, I am left with these stubs (?) in the same folder. I don't know if it's related, but the download process is also less smooth, and seems to stall at points, indicating that the file is queued.
Thanks

Yes, unfortunately unstable network connections may screw up the app when downloading the pieces from YouTube and then putting them together. You can safely remove any leftover .download file if you find any (don't do it if you have paused downloads in the dashboard, though).
Quote:

Ok I got the error.
Seems that someone *cough* froze the com.miui.guardprovider app that MIUI seems to use to check the to-be-installed app.
Well at least now I know what the app is good for.

Good to know everything is working

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 5 utilizzando Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xda_dentex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xda_dentex Ad-Free
29th December 2019, 05:43 AM |#684  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Partial dl's
Quote:

Starting today, after downloading m4a files, I am left with these stubs (?) in the same folder. I don't know if it's related, but the download process is also less smooth, and seems to stall at points, indicating that the file is queued.
Thanks

Can't read ur screencap but I bet it shows files w filetype ".download", rt? Its dl'g in parts buy u dont normally see it bc u don't chk the dir in ur file mgr before its done. All it means on urs is it failed to complete bc u lost internet connection during it.
Longpress and pause/resume or choose re-dl.
The Following User Says Thank You to Semysig For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Semysig Ad-Free
24th January 2020, 03:58 AM |#685  
Thanks Meter: 55

More
Unsupported operation (signature detection error) on attempting the following share from YouTube app:
https://youtu.be/Yi_G-taVhME

Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to pseudonym58 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pseudonym58 Ad-Free
24th January 2020, 08:39 AM |#686  
Flag llanelli
Thanks Meter: 448

More
Quote:

Unsupported operation (signature detection error) on attempting the following share from YouTube app:
Thanks

Im having the same issues all a sudden think started a day ago i tried different videos and still the same issue.
24th January 2020, 10:21 PM |#687  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
New version 6.8.1 available here:
https://dentex.github.io/files/apk/l...downloader.apk

Quote:

v6.8.1 - Jan 24 2020
-----------------------------------
[x] encrypted signature patch (21)
[x] small layout fix

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to xda_dentex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xda_dentex Ad-Free
26th January 2020, 08:18 AM |#688  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Hello,
Thank you for your quick update.
A donation has been made. You deserve it.
I've been using your app for years, and dentex, you've always provided fixes/updates the same or the next few days.
Thank you for that,
The Following User Says Thank You to PasSlert For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PasSlert Ad-Free
27th January 2020, 06:07 PM |#689  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PasSlert

Hello,
Thank you for your quick update.
A donation has been made. You deserve it.
I've been using your app for years, and dentex, you've always provided fixes/updates the same or the next few days.
Thank you for that,

Thanks. Appreciated.
The Following User Says Thank You to xda_dentex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xda_dentex Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)