Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][Root][OFFICIAL] AdAway v4.3.2 :: [2019-12-29]

603 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,256

Post Reply Email Thread
29th December 2019, 11:44 PM |#14241  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
does the latest version work with android Q?
30th December 2019, 01:15 AM |#14242  
Thanks Meter: 225

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmy6

Yes.
30th December 2019, 01:34 AM |#14243  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,228

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmy6

Don't forget to activate the systemless host module in magisk manager.

Sent from my Moto G5 Plus using XDA Labs
30th December 2019, 10:05 AM |#14244  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5,256

Donate to Me
More
Hi all,

A new year is coming and I wish you all to have nice holidays

Just few words about this ending year. There was about 12 releases in 2019 which brings you a new UI, a lot of bug fixes, Android 10 support, Gist and GitLab hosting support and better Magisk support.
All of this is possible thanks to the community to help users to discover the app, learn how to use it and report any new bug and also your moral, nice words and thanks you can send to me, and financial support.
Thanks a lot for all donators, GitHub sponsor and the Pixel 2 you sent me to test Android 10 support.

For the next year, I hope to release the next version (V5), at least in beta to start. It's been 9 months since its first lines of code and things are working quite nicely.
It aims to make the app simpler to use for the main use cases, support rooted and non rooted devices and remove old hacks/workaround which are no more needed on recent setups.

But before this big next update, I still have time to fix current issue with a new release

Changelog:
  • Fix GitLab hosting support (commit date parsing failed)
  • Translation update

Special thanks to @gallegonovato for its helpful bug report and @Vankog for translation update.

Download:

AdAway 4.3.2 on AndroidFileHost (md5: 78fde09a0e92044c45e901bb1cec8e2e)
The Following 170 Users Say Thank You to PerfectSlayer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PerfectSlayer Ad-Free
31st December 2019, 02:11 AM |#14245  
Flag Rancho Cucamonga
Thanks Meter: 3,192

More
Must be working okay
thanks bro I just saw this
Thanks bro
The Following User Says Thank You to cujo6801 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cujo6801 Ad-Free
31st December 2019, 12:56 PM |#14246  
Flag newry
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbk17

I meant Adaway is the latest, 4.3.1. Looks like your suggestion worked, thanks a lot!

Same problem, adaway root access denied, everything else asking for and getting root access, tried systemless hosts reinstall, no change, also adaway 4.3.2
31st December 2019, 01:01 PM |#14247  
Thanks Meter: 62

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yerman

Same problem, adaway root access

Clear its data and open again it should ask.

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

Clear its data and open again it should ask.
The Following User Says Thank You to trancinguy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift trancinguy Ad-Free
31st December 2019, 02:19 PM |#14248  
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 2,757

More
Quote:

Same problem, adaway root access denied, everything else asking for and getting root access, tried systemless hosts reinstall, no change, also adaway 4.3.2

Assuming you are using Magisk, go to Magisk manager -> hamburger menu (top left) -> superuser and toggle Adaway on.
The Following User Says Thank You to ktmom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmom Ad-Free
31st December 2019, 03:50 PM |#14249  
Flag newry
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmom

Assuming you are using Magisk, go to Magisk manager -> hamburger menu (top left) -> superuser and toggle Adaway on.

cleared data in magisk manager and adaway, no change, adaway is not listed in superuser menuhttps://cdn-cf-3.xda-developers.com/...s/confused.gif

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmom

Cleared data in magisk manager and adaway, no change, adaway is not in the superuser list.
Thanks guys for the quick reply
31st December 2019, 05:13 PM |#14250  
Flag Edmonton
Thanks Meter: 830

More
Quote:

Cleared data in magisk manager and adaway, no change, adaway is not in the superuser list.

Uninstall/reinstall magisk.
Enable the systemless host option and reboot, then try again.
31st December 2019, 05:23 PM |#14251  
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 2,757

More
Quote:

cleared data in magisk manager and adaway, no change, adaway is not listed in superuser menuhttps://cdn-cf-3.xda-developers.com/...s/confused.gif

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

It shouldn't matter, but is your Magisk manager hidden? Hidden with a custom name? What device, android version?

Some devices have trouble with broadcasts that affect Magisk granting root. Are the apps that do have root from before a Magisk update? Was MM hidden before a Magisk update?

Try toggling Magisk hide off then on. Try the canary build of Magisk. Make sure to use the corresponding MM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ktmom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmom Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ad block, adaway, adblock, adblocker, source

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)