FORUMS

View Poll Results: Was this thread helpful?

Yes, I am happy with the replies.

1,190 Vote(s)
59.15%
Yes, kind of.

476 Vote(s)
23.66%
No, needs improvement.

346 Vote(s)
17.20%

[Ask Any Question][Newbie Friendly]

13,814 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,897

By Droidriven, Senior Member on 29th April 2013, 01:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st January 2020, 07:37 AM |#30051  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
So what can I do now to properly decrypting it
1st January 2020, 09:55 AM |#30052  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
So I am new to rooting and have some basic knowledge but have run into a problem I can't seem to figure out despite reading through the forum.

I have a rooted Pixel XL and my goal is to set it up so I can mock location without having mock locations enabled for things like pokemon go

I followed the best of android guide for spoof locations

The issue I have been running into is moving GPS Joystick to a system app. When I attempt to move it using Link2SD i get the error
mount: '/system' not in /proc/mounts

I have also tried to move the apk using root browser without success. When I try to cut and paste it nothing happens. I'm not sure if its because there isn't enough space in the root directory? Currently showing only 25mb free and I'm not sure what would be safe to delete

Any help is appreciated
1st January 2020, 10:22 AM |#30053  
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollskins

So I am new to rooting and have some basic knowledge but have run into a problem I can't seem to figure out despite reading through the forum.

I have a rooted Pixel XL and my goal is to set it up so I can mock location without having mock locations enabled for things like pokemon go

The issue I have been running into is moving GPS Joystick to a system app. When I attempt to move it using Link2SD i get the error

I have also tried to move the apk using root browser without success. When I try to cut and paste it nothing happens. I'm not sure if its because there isn't enough space in the root directory? Currently showing only 25mb free and I'm not sure what would be safe to delete

Any help is appreciated

Have you enabled root explorer r/w permissions?

If you haven't enabled write permissions for your root directory/system partition, you can't modify the system or write/delete anything in system, you can only read.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
1st January 2020, 11:30 AM |#30054  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

Have you enabled root explorer r/w permissions?

If you haven't enabled write permissions for your root directory/system partition, you can't modify the system or write/delete anything in system, you can only read.

So I tried using root explorer but for some reason I can't seem to grant it superuser permissions

I've been using root browser and when I check root properties r/w permissions are enabled. When I paste the apk it does move it for a second but shows 0mb and i'm unable to use it then it goes back to the download folder
1st January 2020, 01:53 PM |#30055  
Forum Moderator
Flag Deep Space Station K7
Thanks Meter: 3,150

More
Quote:

Any help is appreciated

If you are using a recent version of Magisk, you can not mount system. Whether you are on A10 or not, Magisk now behaves as though you are. This was implemented starting with Magisk 19.4. You must use a Magisk systemizer module.
1st January 2020, 07:13 PM |#30056  
Quote:

So I tried using root explorer but for some reason I can't seem to grant it superuser permissions

I've been using root browser and when I check root properties r/w permissions are enabled. When I paste the apk it does move it for a second but shows 0mb and i'm unable to use it then it goes back to the download folder

Ok, this means that your issue "might" be due to limited space like you suggested may be the case.

2nd January 2020, 12:37 AM |#30057  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by galih_ken

So what can I do now to properly decrypting it

Sorry to see your problem wasn't fixed.

Though, I don't think the question is how to decrypt, but rather why it's doing that. Personally my phone is also rooted with Magisk and has a custom recovery while encrypted, and never ran into this problem. Didn't you miss a step in the process ? Did other peoples run into this problem too ?

If you really want to decrypt though, as @ktmom suggested, try to look up how to format your user data — which seems not to be the same as wiping it according to him, personally I can't tell the difference.
Maybe it's something that would be easier to find by searching. Sorry again we couldn't help you.
2nd January 2020, 12:58 AM |#30058  
Forum Moderator

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atronid

Sorry to see your problem wasn't fixed.

Though, I don't think the question is how to decrypt, but rather why it's doing that. Personally my phone is also rooted with Magisk and has a custom recovery while encrypted, and never ran into this problem. Didn't you miss a step in the process ? Did other peoples run into this problem too ?

If you really want to decrypt though, as @ktmom suggested, try to look up how to format your user data — which seems not to be the same as wiping it according to him, personally I can't tell the difference.
Maybe it's something that would be easier to find by searching. Sorry again we couldn't help you.

@galih_ken

Wiping is basically just a delete action.

Formatting also clears the encryption flag on the "drive".

If you reboot without installing a method to prevent encryption, then the "drive" will encrypt again on boot. Typically you need a no forced encryption kernel, or Magisk installed before rebooting, after a format.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ktmom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmom Ad-Free
2nd January 2020, 01:06 AM |#30059  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I'm trying to workout how to have control over screenshots and recording. Some apps like google incognito or tor onion browser stop me from screenshotting and using a screen recorder. I want to override this so I can screenshot shot and record whenever I want. I use Az screen recorder to record my screen. My phone is rooted and I'm on LineageOS 16, thanks for any help
2nd January 2020, 01:10 AM |#30060  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Is this problem because of I'm in oreo while the asus bootloader unlocktool is for marshmallow and nougat? But I check in adb "fastboot oem device-info" that my phone bootloader has been unlocked after unlocking with it. I flashed twrp through adb in pc by fastboot flash recovery. I flash twrp many time because my phone keep replacing it with stock recovery at every reboot. I format and successfully decrypting it but will encrypt again if reboot. After that I flash twrp again and format to decrypt then immediately flash magisk. I successfully root my phone, twrp stay and not being replaced but phone still encrypt in startup (one time at every format) even after successfully root and install magisk
2nd January 2020, 01:39 AM |#30061  
Forum Moderator

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybrownbear

I'm trying to workout how to have control over screenshots and recording. Some apps like google incognito or tor onion browser stop me from screenshotting and using a screen recorder. I want to override this so I can screenshot shot and record whenever I want. I use Az screen recorder to record my screen. My phone is rooted and I'm on LineageOS 16, thanks for any help

That blocking of screenshots is a low level permission built into android. The app sets the permission internally. I guess maybe you could decompile the app and reprogram it

---------- Post added at 19:39 ---------- Previous post was at 19:32 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by galih_ken

Is this problem because of I'm in oreo while the asus bootloader unlocktool is for marshmallow and nougat? But I check in adb "fastboot oem device-info" that my phone bootloader has been unlocked after unlocking with it. I flashed twrp through adb in pc by fastboot flash recovery. I flash twrp many time because my phone keep replacing it with stock recovery at every reboot. I format and successfully decrypting it but will encrypt again if reboot. After that I flash twrp again and format to decrypt then immediately flash magisk. I successfully root my phone, twrp stay and not being replaced but phone still encrypt in startup (one time at every format) even after successfully root and install magisk

TWRP gets replaced because you boot to system after flashing it without first returning to recovery. You must reboot to TWRP after install so TWRP can prevent the stock overwrite.

Magisk doesn't automatically force unencrypt. Read the installation instructions for Magisk. I don't bother with decrypting, but I'm pretty sure that if you flash TWRP in recovery, you must have an empty file named a certain way to tell magic to prevent encryption. Else, these days, most people patch the boot image with the proper settings checked in Magisk manager and Fastboot flash it to the device.

The issues you are having suggests you have more reading to do.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ktmom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmom Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, bricked phone, cwm roms and kernels, help thread, noob, noob friendly, question, rcs in action

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)