[KERNEL][OP7/7PRO][18 SEP][ SkyDragon [OOS10]

Search This thread

mookiexl

Can't believe I'm just now trying this kernel after already using all the others for weeks to months at a time. This kernel in conjunction with xXx is absolutely golden. Smooth as butter and sleeps like a baby. Here are my battery results from 1st full charge. I think I could've easily gotten 8hrs SOT but the trade off of 40hrs uptime is just as impressive IMO. Still using 10.0.2

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200101-125053.png
    Screenshot_20200101-125053.png
    179.7 KB · Views: 808
  • Screenshot_20200101-125039.png
    Screenshot_20200101-125039.png
    127.2 KB · Views: 819
Last edited:
Reactions: liam_davenport

SirAndr3w

Nov 5, 2017
Can't believe I'm just now trying this kernel after already using all the others for weeks to months at a time. This kernel in conjunction with xXx is absolutely golden. Smooth as butter and sleeps like a baby. Here are my battery results from 1st full charge. I think I could've easily gotten 8hrs SOT but the trade off of 40hrs uptime is just as impressive IMO. Still using 10.0.2

Settings? I don't even reach 4.30 h of display

HolyAngel

Recognized Dev / Inactive Recognized Contributor
Me too.
Strange thing, I was running kirisakura with the stop brain service module and everything was working fine.

Now I wanted to try holy dragon kernel en I can't seem to stop the prime core going berserk.
I again flashed the stop brain service module but the prime stay stays stuck on 100%.

Yeah I still can't reproduce this issue, no cores have ever gotten stuck or above normal usage for me. Haven't even looked at that module.

This issue seems to be rom side, not kernel related at all, as it's happening randomly for everyone stock or not. Some people have NO issue regardless of kernel, like me, and some have the issue regardless of what they do.. Just have to wait for 10.0.4/10.4.0 when hopefully OP figures it out and fixes it.

Last edited:
Reactions: EVOLw and Pollie81

mookiexl

Settings? I don't even reach 4.30 h of display

Only thing else I'm using is auto90 to switch between 60hz and 90hz. Its the same setup I use for other kernels with less impressive results as far as battery and performance. Check out my yesterday's usage. I'm gonna try for 10hrs SOT using Helix.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200102-152617.png
    Screenshot_20200102-152617.png
    129.6 KB · Views: 1,210
  • Screenshot_20200102-152633.png
    Screenshot_20200102-152633.png
    175.6 KB · Views: 1,189
Last edited:

HolyAngel

Recognized Dev / Inactive Recognized Contributor
Alright, V5.2 is done and posted. Got that stuck core issue fixed. Found a couple commits from 0ctobot that disable some of the coretech boosting that's causing that Prime core to get stuck at max on 10.0.3/10.3.0. Also fixed support 7T and 7T Pro. Enjoy and let me know if there's anything else ^^

techlogik

Aug 23, 2006
@techlogik
Thanks for that info. I build only with the stable source tree and yeah, I've been on 10.0.3 and not had any stuck cores or anything, everything is running perfectly here

Alright, V5.2 is done and posted. Got that stuck core issue fixed. Found a couple commits from 0ctobot that disable some of the coretech boosting that's causing that Prime core to get stuck at max on 10.0.3/10.3.0. Also fixed support 7T and 7T Pro. Enjoy and let me know if there's anything else ^^

Working fine on 10.3, no cpu issues so far. Nice job.

kalpik

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 19, 2010
Amsterdam
www.kalpik.com
No not really seen any real world gains with F2FS over EXT4, Not really worth the time putting into it for some benchmark numbers stick with EXT4 it's rocksolid and had a ton of patches throughout it's life cycle to keep it rocksolid.
This. I really don't understand why people bother with f2fs. It's really not worth the effort.

ulxerker

Jul 6, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S23

Using V5.2 for 2 days now and everything works fine .... also, the battery life is extraordinary compared to stock and other custom kernels - great job!

Reactions: liam_davenport

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    H2aEUgTv.png
    Back again!

You may remember me from my SkyDragon roms/kernels and HolyDragon kernels for OP6/OP6T/OP3/N6/M8/M7/G3 among other devices. This is the latest sm8150 kernel+audio source from OnePlus. For now just some latency reductions and a couple listed features while I work on optimizing it. No plans for any overclocking cpu/gpu that slowly kill your phone. No plans to upstream anything as most of the time there's either no benefit at all or it performs worse than stock. I don't care about f2fs and recommend only ext4 as the stock filesystem. My only goal, as always, is to get the best performance *and* battery life out of our phone as possible. Kernel zip uses Anykernel3 by Osm0sis to install so no fear of losing root or ramdisk changes or anything.

~*~*Information*~*~
    Flashable Kernel zip supports all OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro(non-5G) devices running OOS Stable 10.x
    Kernel source is based on official OnePlus 7/7Pro unified source code to ensure best performance
    No user setup required - Optimal settings already applied
    Compiled with Google Clang 9.0.5(r353983e) and gandalf02's aarch64-9.1 GCC

~*~*Features*~*~
    250HZ Kernel
    ExFat Support
    No user clock-speed modifications
    BBR TCP Congestion Profile (set as default
    CRC Check Toggle-able (disabled by default)
    Power Efficient Workqueue's Toggle (enabled)
    Maple IO Scheduler (set as default)
    Flar2's Wake Gesture support
    KCAL
    Boeffla Wakelock Blocker
    Latest WireGuard Built-In

~*~*Credits and Thanks*~*~
    xanaxdroid
    SultanXDA/KernelToast
    RandomBlame/Kelsirae
    Pafcholini
    MLucy
    Flar2
    MyFluxi
    DespairFactor
    FranciscoFranco
    KDrag0n
    Osm0sis
    Mauronofrio
    Joshuos
    dabug123

~*~*Downloads*~*~
    To Install :
    Make sure bootloader is unlocked
    Make sure you're on latest TWRP
    Download this kernel zip
    Reboot device to TWRP
    Find this zip and install
    Reboot to system and enjoy!
    ---
    Could also copy zip or image to usb otg drive and flash in twrp
    Do not flash with EXKM app

For Oneplus 7/7 Pro(Non 5G) and Oneplus 7T/7T Pro(Non 5G)
    SDK_OP7TP_OOS10_RV.10.1

Flashable Zip
    AFH
    GDrive

--

Telegram Group

TG

Discord Server

Discord

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You can find changes(changelog) by looking at my posted source. You can also find my custom toolchain's, crosstool-ng, and other sources listed there. Any bug reports require logcats/dmesg, thanks!

~*~*Donations*~*~
    If you want to donate to my coffee fund, I prefer any cryptocurrency over paypal but either is fine.
    Donate with Coinpayments
    or just use paypal, thanks!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [KERNEL][OP7/7PRO][18 SEP][ SkyDragon [OOS10], Kernel for the OnePlus 7 Pro

Contributors
    HolyAngel, Liam_Davenport, Imotep95
    Source Code: https://gitlab.com/holyangel/OP7.git

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: Current
    Stable Release Date: 2019-05-23
    Beta Release Date: 2019-05-21

Created 2019-05-21
    Last Updated 2020-09-18
    SkyDragon OOS Magisk Mod

Reserved
    Alright, new kernel builds posted!

OOS v18/AOSP v19 bring latest OOS 9.5.9 updates.
    Kernel Update!

Hi we've been testing the kernel for a week or so now should be rocksolid enjoy :good:

OOS 10: SDK_OP7TP_OOS10_V3.0

Changelog:

V1, Initial Android 10 Build, 5G Support Dropped.

V2, Audio And Long Boot Time fixed.

V3, Merged Latest Source Update From OP For 10.1.
    Disabled A Bunch Of Debugging.
    Kernel Updates!

Hi new updates for OOS and our newly announced AOSP ROM. :good:

Added OP7 Commits, 5G support! (thx to testers) Added the extra GPU step 675mhz.

Please note: Flash the correct version for your ROM you're using OOS for Oxygen OS, AOSP for AOSP ROM's.

SDK-OOS-V14.0

Gdrive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1X6xooU-hae85by8JKR42hV2C3jnSpFYT/view

MD5: 3ece70cf75b7f2044473fbef7febb262

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SDK_OP7_AK3_AOSP_V.14.0

Gdrive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/17b71WRPuXY4R_z48EsLn20qhT-qmuay8/view

MD5: ec88ba1527dafff79390a565ec3b3dbc

I'll add to the OP later just a bit busy at the moment, Enjoy.