FORUMS

[DEV]How to compile TWRP touch recovery

1,705 posts
Thanks Meter: 13,616

Post Reply Email Thread
29th December 2019, 02:25 PM |#4561  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I got this error. How to fix it, please?

============================================
PLATFORM_VERSION_CODENAME=REL
PLATFORM_VERSION=9
TARGET_PRODUCT=omni_marlin
TARGET_BUILD_VARIANT=eng
TARGET_BUILD_TYPE=release
TARGET_ARCH=arm64
TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT=armv8-a
TARGET_CPU_VARIANT=kryo
TARGET_2ND_ARCH=arm
TARGET_2ND_ARCH_VARIANT=armv8-a
TARGET_2ND_CPU_VARIANT=kryo
HOST_ARCH=x86_64
HOST_2ND_ARCH=x86
HOST_OS=linux
HOST_OS_EXTRA=Linux-4.4.0-31-generic-x86_64-Ubuntu-16.04.1-LTS
HOST_CROSS_OS=windows
HOST_CROSS_ARCH=x86
HOST_CROSS_2ND_ARCH=x86_64
HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release
BUILD_ID=PQ3B.190801.002
OUT_DIR=/home/chuate92/Omni/out
20:15:10 Missing ninja log: stat /home/chuate92/Omni/out/.ninja_log: no such file or directory
[1/1] /home/chuate92/Omni/out/soong/.m.../Omni/out/soong/.bootstrap/build.ninja
[38/39] glob prebuilts/ndk/stl.bp
[76/76] /home/chuate92/Omni/out/soong/...me/chuate92/Omni/out/soong/build.ninja
/home/chuate92/Omni/out/build-omni_marlin-cleanspec.ninja is missing, regenerating...
/home/chuate92/Omni/out/build-omni_marlin.ninja is missing, regenerating...
[4/145] including bootable/recovery/Android.mk ...
Not a git repository
To compare two paths outside a working tree:
usage: git diff [--no-index] <path> <path>
[80/145] including frameworks/base/Android.mk ...
find: ‘../opt/telephony/src/java/android/telephony’: No such file or directory
find: ‘../opt/telephony/src/java/android/telephony/gsm’: No such file or directory
find: ‘../opt/net/voip/src/java/android/net/rtp’: No such file or directory
find: ‘../opt/net/voip/src/java/android/net/sip’: No such file or directory
find: ‘../opt/telephony/src/java/android/telephony/gsm’: No such file or directory
[126/145] including system/core/Android.mk ...
sed: can't read development/sdk/plat_tools_source.prop_template: No such file or directory
sed: can't read development/sdk/plat_tools_source.prop_template: No such file or directory
[136/145] including system/sepolicy/Android.mk ...
system/sepolicy/Android.mk:79: warning: BOARD_SEPOLICY_VERS not specified, assuming current platform version
[145/145] including vendor/omni/Android.mk ...
TARGET_USES_UNCOMPRESSED_KERNEL is deprecated.
TARGET_KERNEL_APPEND_DTB is deprecated.
vendor/omni/build/tasks/kernel.mk:167: warning: ************************************************** *************
vendor/omni/build/tasks/kernel.mk:168: warning: * Using prebuilt kernel binary instead of source *
vendor/omni/build/tasks/kernel.mk:169: warning: * THIS IS DEPRECATED, AND WILL BE DISCONTINUED *
vendor/omni/build/tasks/kernel.mk:170: warning: * Please configure your device to download the kernel *
vendor/omni/build/tasks/kernel.mk:171: warning: * source repository to kernel/google/marlin/marlin
vendor/omni/build/tasks/kernel.mk:172: warning: * for more information *
vendor/omni/build/tasks/kernel.mk:173: warning: ************************************************** *************
build/make/core/base_rules.mk:412: warning: overriding commands for target `/home/chuate92/Omni/out/target/product/marlin/root/res/images/charger/battery_fail.png'
build/make/core/base_rules.mk:412: warning: ignoring old commands for target `/home/chuate92/Omni/out/target/product/marlin/root/res/images/charger/battery_fail.png'
build/make/core/base_rules.mk:412: warning: overriding commands for target `/home/chuate92/Omni/out/target/product/marlin/root/res/images/charger/battery_scale.png'
build/make/core/base_rules.mk:412: warning: ignoring old commands for target `/home/chuate92/Omni/out/target/product/marlin/root/res/images/charger/battery_scale.png'
[ 99% 689/690] glob tools/metalava/stub-annotations/src/main/java/**/*.java
ninja: no work to do.

#### build completed successfully (01:21 (mm:ss)) ####[COLOR="Silver"]
1st January 2020, 08:14 AM |#4562  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
TWRP Recovery Option Not shown in my N920C device
Quote:
Originally Posted by mg2195

Smashers inject twrp zip is a tool for Samsung devices that let's you get the recovery without flashing the whole kernel. You basically put the ramdisk-recovery.img in the zip and then flash. During the flash process it pulls the boot.img, replaces the current ramdisk-recovery.img with the new one that contains twrp. It then deletes the old boot.img and flashes the new one...not affecting the actual kernel...

The recovery itself has mtd support...I can use it if I flash the whole boot.img, but I don't want to release the recovery within a whole kernel...because then I have to keep it up to date with both twrp and kernel sources, not to mention the different kernels available for my device....I can't make a recovery for each kernel...don't have the time for that...that's where the inject came in handy....the user could use any kernel he wanted while still using twrp

Recovery logs say it fails to find the ramdisk inside the boot.img and then in parenthesis something about may not be using gzip compression...which it is....

Sent from my SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 07:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 AM ----------

Deestroy did this same tutorial on rootzwiki...if you look at the second post you'll see info about the smasher inject twrp I was referring to...http://rootzwiki.com/index.php?/topi...RP-from-Source

Sent from my SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

TWRP Recovery Option Not shown in my N920C device
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2020-01-01_12-40-21.jpg
Views:	374
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	4915419  
4th January 2020, 10:18 AM |#4563  
Flag Wellington
Thanks Meter: 1,612

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuate92

I got this error. How to fix it, please?

PLATFORM_VERSION_CODENAME=REL
PLATFORM_VERSION=9
TARGET_PRODUCT=omni_marlin
TARGET_BUILD_VARIANT=eng
TARGET_BUILD_TYPE=release
TARGET_ARCH=arm64
TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT=armv8-a
TARGET_CPU_VARIANT=kryo
TARGET_2ND_ARCH=arm
TARGET_2ND_ARCH_VARIANT=armv8-a
TARGET_2ND_CPU_VARIANT=kryo
HOST_ARCH=x86_64
HOST_2ND_ARCH=x86
HOST_OS=linux
HOST_OS_EXTRA=Linux-4.4.0-31-generic-x86_64-Ubuntu-16.04.1-LTS
HOST_CROSS_OS=windows
HOST_CROSS_ARCH=x86
HOST_CROSS_2ND_ARCH=x86_64
HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release
BUILD_ID=PQ3B.190801.002
OUT_DIR=/home/chuate92/Omni/out
20:15:10 Missing ninja log: stat /home/chuate92/Omni/out/.ninja_log: no such file or directory
[1/1] /home/chuate92/Omni/out/soong/.m.../Omni/out/soong/.bootstrap/build.ninja
[38/39] glob prebuilts/ndk/stl.bp
[76/76] /home/chuate92/Omni/out/soong/...me/chuate92/Omni/out/soong/build.ninja
/home/chuate92/Omni/out/build-omni_marlin-cleanspec.ninja is missing, regenerating...
/home/chuate92/Omni/out/build-omni_marlin.ninja is missing, regenerating...
[4/145] including bootable/recovery/Android.mk ...
Not a git repository
To compare two paths outside a working tree:
usage: git diff [--no-index] <path> <path>
[80/145] including frameworks/base/Android.mk ...
[126/145] including system/core/Android.mk ...
[136/145] including system/sepolicy/Android.mk ...
system/sepolicy/Android.mk:79: warning: BOARD_SEPOLICY_VERS not specified, assuming current platform version
[145/145] including vendor/omni/Android.mk ...
TARGET_USES_UNCOMPRESSED_KERNEL is deprecated.
TARGET_KERNEL_APPEND_DTB is deprecated.
vendor/omni/build/tasks/kernel.mk:167: warning: ************************************************** *************
vendor/omni/build/tasks/kernel.mk:168: warning: * Using prebuilt kernel binary instead of source *
vendor/omni/build/tasks/kernel.mk:169: warning: * THIS IS DEPRECATED, AND WILL BE DISCONTINUED *
vendor/omni/build/tasks/kernel.mk:170: warning: * Please configure your device to download the kernel *
vendor/omni/build/tasks/kernel.mk:171: warning: * source repository to kernel/google/marlin/marlin
vendor/omni/build/tasks/kernel.mk:172: warning: * for more information *
vendor/omni/build/tasks/kernel.mk:173: warning: ************************************************** *************
build/make/core/base_rules.mk:412: warning: overriding commands for target `/home/chuate92/Omni/out/target/product/marlin/root/res/images/charger/battery_fail.png'
build/make/core/base_rules.mk:412: warning: ignoring old commands for target `/home/chuate92/Omni/out/target/product/marlin/root/res/images/charger/battery_fail.png'
build/make/core/base_rules.mk:412: warning: overriding commands for target `/home/chuate92/Omni/out/target/product/marlin/root/res/images/charger/battery_scale.png'
build/make/core/base_rules.mk:412: warning: ignoring old commands for target `/home/chuate92/Omni/out/target/product/marlin/root/res/images/charger/battery_scale.png'
[ 99% 689/690] glob tools/metalava/stub-annotations/src/main/java/**/*.java
ninja: no work to do.

#### build completed successfully (01:21 (mm:ss)) ####[COLOR="Silver"]

There's no error there that I can see? But I do see it's not outputting anything. Perhaps your setup isn't quite right?

I managed to get a build going for sailfish (Original Pixel), refer to my thread here:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/pix...odies-t4029449

You can follow the instructions in it except for the bit about patching for sailfish, and just replace sailfish with marlin. E.g. you'll use lunch omni_marlin-eng.
19th February 2020, 05:41 PM |#4564  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Samsung galaxy m20
Can someone make twrp for samsung galaxy m20 (android 10) (One UI 2) ?
19th February 2020, 05:45 PM |#4565  
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagrimm

Can someone make twrp for samsung galaxy m20 (android 10) (One UI 2) ?

Yeah, you can. The thread is called, how to compile twrp. So stop begging and get to building
22nd February 2020, 06:18 PM |#4566  
Thanks Meter: 1,360

More
If anyone has run into the following error, I would appreciate any direction you can provide to help overcome it:
--------------------------
[1063/1063] including vendor/qcom/opensource/dataservices/Android.mk ...
[ 99% 4514/4515] glob vendor/qcom/open...rce/interfaces/wifi/supplicant/2.0/src
ninja: error: '/home/s/Desktop/LOS_16.0_MotoG_LTE/out/target/product/peregrine/system/xbin/strace', needed by '/home/s/Desktop/LOS_16.0_MotoG_LTE/out/target/product/peregrine/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libbmlutils_intermediates/teamwin', missing and no known rule to make it
09:26:56 ninja failed with: exit status 1

#### failed to build some targets (56 seconds) ####

I am compiling with full omnirom source for LineageOS 16.0 unofficial and no amount of searching has provided clear direction on working through it.

Thank you,
s
23rd February 2020, 12:25 AM |#4567  
Thanks Meter: 301

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdembiske

If anyone has run into the following error, I would appreciate any direction you can provide to help overcome it:
[1063/1063] including vendor/qcom/opensource/dataservices/Android.mk ...
[ 99% 4514/4515] glob vendor/qcom/open...rce/interfaces/wifi/supplicant/2.0/src
ninja: error: '/home/s/Desktop/LOS_16.0_MotoG_LTE/out/target/product/peregrine/system/xbin/strace', needed by '/home/s/Desktop/LOS_16.0_MotoG_LTE/out/target/product/peregrine/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libbmlutils_intermediates/teamwin', missing and no known rule to make it
09:26:56 ninja failed with: exit status 1

#### failed to build some targets (56 seconds) ####

I am compiling with full omnirom source for LineageOS 16.0 unofficial and no amount of searching has provided clear direction on working through it.

Thank you,
s

Hi,

It looks like you're including strace somewhere but it's either not included in your downloaded source, or the path to it is incorrect.

TWP
The Following User Says Thank You to The_Walking_Playground For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift The_Walking_Playground Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)