Thanks Meter: 5,227

Post Reply Email Thread
31st December 2019, 05:23 PM |#14251  
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 2,641

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yerman

cleared data in magisk manager and adaway, no change, adaway is not listed in superuser menuhttps://cdn-cf-3.xda-developers.com/...s/confused.gif

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

Cleared data in magisk manager and adaway, no change, adaway is not in the superuser list.
Thanks guys for the quick reply

It shouldn't matter, but is your Magisk manager hidden? Hidden with a custom name? What device, android version?

Some devices have trouble with broadcasts that affect Magisk granting root. Are the apps that do have root from before a Magisk update? Was MM hidden before a Magisk update?

Try toggling Magisk hide off then on. Try the canary build of Magisk. Make sure to use the corresponding MM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ktmom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmom Ad-Free
2nd January 2020, 04:38 PM |#14252  
Flag newry
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmom

It shouldn't matter, but is your Magisk manager hidden? Hidden with a custom name? What device, android version?

Some devices have trouble with broadcasts that affect Magisk granting root. Are the apps that do have root from before a Magisk update? Was MM hidden before a Magisk update?

Try toggling Magisk hide off then on. Try the canary build of Magisk. Make sure to use the corresponding MM.

/
Thanks guys, update to magisk 20.2 solved the problem
2nd January 2020, 06:52 PM |#14253  
Flag Reggio Emilia
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hi, i've a problem with Adaway, it doesn't block all ads.
I tried to add some extra hosts, it blocks all the ads and banner in the app, but it also blocks the feed update in instagram, the Facebook update, ecc...
2nd January 2020, 07:56 PM |#14254  
Flag Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 1,048

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyter

I tried to add some extra hosts, it blocks all the ads and banner in the app, but it also blocks the feed update in instagram, the Facebook update, ecc...

Try reading the OP and wiki then search the thread to know why and what can be done.
The Following User Says Thank You to marciozomb13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift marciozomb13 Ad-Free
2nd January 2020, 08:07 PM |#14255  
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 2,641

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyter

Instead of guessing at hosts sources, you can use DNS logging. In your case, you want to blacklist.

As alluded to in the previous post, there are apps and websites that serve ads without going through the device DNS. In a case like that, there is nothing hosts blocking can do. Here is the main link to the Adaway wiki. Reading through it will probably help you understand better.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ktmom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmom Ad-Free
4th January 2020, 09:50 AM |#14256  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5,227

Donate to Me
More
Hi all,

Quick question about the next version: who is really using the custom location and symlink feature?
This feature allows you to select another location to install hosts file and check there is an effective symlink from /system/etc/hosts to this location.

As Magisk tends to be the primary way of rooting its device, it does no more seems useful.
As the hosts file is no more stored on /system partition, there is no more free space partition issue to require to use symlink.

Please share any feedback on this feature because I am evaluating its removal. Thanks!

NOTE: It is planned for the V5. So if you still need this feature for some older devices on very rare use cases, V4 will still be available. V5 is dedicated to the latest versions of Android where Magisk seems to rule the rooting community.
The Following 45 Users Say Thank You to PerfectSlayer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PerfectSlayer Ad-Free
4th January 2020, 10:11 AM |#14257  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectSlayer

Hi all,

Quick question about the next version: who is really using the custom location and symlink feature?
This feature allows you to select another location to install hosts file and check there is an effective symlink from /system/etc/hosts to this location.

As Magisk tends to be the primary way of rooting its device, it does no more seems useful.
As the hosts file is no more stored on /system partition, there is no more free space partition issue to require to use symlink.

Please share any feedback on this feature because I am evaluating its removal. Thanks!

NOTE: It is planned for the V5. So if you still need this feature for some older devices on very rare use cases, V4 will still be available. V5 is dedicated to the latest versions of Android where Magisk seems to rule the rooting community.

@PerfectSlayer
No need for this in my case; I use the systemless mode with magisk since I've installed AdAway...

Sent from my OnePlus3 using XDA Labs
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dingsaller For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dingsaller Ad-Free
4th January 2020, 10:40 AM |#14258  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Translator
Flag Preserving Air Supremacy over XDA
Thanks Meter: 8,664

More
Quote:

Hi all,

Personally, I'm happy with its removal.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Oswald Boelcke For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Oswald Boelcke Ad-Free
4th January 2020, 11:12 AM |#14259  
Flag Sunny Cornwall ...
Thanks Meter: 269

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dingsaller

@PerfectSlayer
No need for this in my case; I use the systemless mode with magisk since I've installed AdAway .......

Likewise.
The Following User Says Thank You to dvhttn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dvhttn Ad-Free
4th January 2020, 11:16 AM |#14260  
Flag Warrington
Thanks Meter: 137

More
Quote:

Please share any feedback on this feature because I am evaluating its removal.

Rather than hundreds of responses - those who want it to be removed - hit 'thanks' / 'thumbs up' button to this post

I am happy for it to be REMOVED
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to drjat For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift drjat Ad-Free
4th January 2020, 02:55 PM |#14261  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
<Moderator Edit>
Full OP quote removed.
Please do not quote large posts.
Or please use HIDE tags when doing so

Thanks!!
The Following User Says Thank You to jojo8686 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jojo8686 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ad block, adaway, adblock, adblocker, source

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)