FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: In your opinion, when looking back at this thread, how easy were the instructions?

Very Easy

97 Vote(s)
31.29%
Somewhat Easy

50 Vote(s)
16.13%
Easy

79 Vote(s)
25.48%
Difficult

36 Vote(s)
11.61%
Somewhat Difficult

19 Vote(s)
6.13%
Very Difficult

29 Vote(s)
9.35%

[BACKUP][RECOVERY] Kindle Fire HD and 2 First Aide Software - Noob (Simple) Version

2,637 posts
Thanks Meter: 995

Post Reply Email Thread
8th January 2018, 01:11 PM |#3601  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I guess not... ive been trying to unbrick my kindle all night.
20th January 2018, 07:58 PM |#3602  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Unbricked mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by whereismyhat

I guess not... ive been trying to unbrick my kindle all night.

Not sure if you were able to solve your brick, but I was able to unbrick mine (bricked last night) using the information on this page: http://androidcowboy.com/2013/07/how...indle-fire-hd/

The instructions did not work for me as given. In order to boot into stock Fire OS, I also had to use option 3 to rewrite the stock recovery and boot. After following the guide and using option 3, I have stock Kindle again. Now I just need to get TWRP back so I can put on a custom ROM.
2nd January 2020, 06:31 PM |#3603  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddjanke

Not sure if you were able to solve your brick, but I was able to unbrick mine (bricked last night) using the information on this page: http://androidcowboy.com/2013/07/how...indle-fire-hd/

The instructions did not work for me as given. In order to boot into stock Fire OS, I also had to use option 3 to rewrite the stock recovery and boot. After following the guide and using option 3, I have stock Kindle again. Now I just need to get TWRP back so I can put on a custom ROM.

Did you get anywhere with this? I'm stuck on a boot loop after unsuccessful install of freedom-boot-10.4.6, u-boot-prod and TWRP from fastboot after rooting the 10.5.1 Fire OS
5th January 2020, 04:51 PM |#3604  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekshow

Did you get anywhere with this? I'm stuck on a boot loop after unsuccessful install of freedom-boot-10.4.6, u-boot-prod and TWRP from fastboot after rooting the 10.5.1 Fire OS

Yes, just follow the instructions in the link in my post. I had to use option 3 instead of 1 (like I said in the post) but my Kindle has been working and is still going.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
kfhd system.img restore tool, kindle fire brick, kindle fire recovery, kindle fire restore, kindle fire utility

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)