FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

How to apply to become a Recognized Contributor/Themer on XDA

2,178 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,578

By Zatta, Inactive Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 10th May 2012, 02:00 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th June 2019, 12:17 AM |#1361  
RC-RT Committee / Moderator Committee / Senior Moderator - "Si vis pacem, para bellum"
Thanks Meter: 58,881

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenobiaful

Although I'm a newbie, I've been following xda for years for my diy projects. My goal is to become a recognized contributor one day

Good to go! It wasn't my thought or dream, it was the thought process of someone else to submit me for RC Status (a ways back). Not a developer, just offered assistance, as outlined below in the quote.

The key is providing the help/assistance, just because....with no motive, but just in the Spirit of XDA. Something, that is sometimes forgotten, as I was one of the first RC's, we did it just to see others accomplish, in the purpose of developing. And now I'm part of a higher task, to help others, in regards to/for RC's & RT's, again the key is providing no matter, above all.

Quote:

As Recognized Contributors/Themers, we are challenged with the purpose of aiding development, offering assistance and above all, embodying the Spirit of XDA.
Contributing to XDA-Developers is more than simply delivering ROMs, mods and themes and by posting and behaving in a modest and exemplary way, we aim to influence and encourage other users to conduct themselves with friendliness and co-operation.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Frank Castle For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Frank Castle Ad-Free
6th December 2019, 09:06 PM |#1362  
Hey all!
Feel free to delete this message, I just had no other way to send this message as my mailbox is way overfilled. A couple weeks back I had received a message stating my recognized contributor title was to be revoked due to inactivity. Completely understand the reasoning. But upon trying to reply to the moderator I found I could not unless I deleted like 1000 messages or something, as when I held the title I was allowed to go past the standard limit.

I figured no big deal I'll go through and delete what I can but doing it one at a time is just far too much work to do at this time as I would like to keep a lot of these.

Today I got another message that "inactive" would be added to my title but would still be brought to senior member status essentially. This I think is a great way to keep those who hold a title here at the same standard but continue to show appreciation to former title holders. Kudos to this decision.

I would like if I could keep my inbox limit but if not an option I get that as well. I would however suggest adding that information to the letter given to those moving to inactive status as it isn't and had taken me a bit to figure out why I couldn't send messages (from mobile no reason given had to go to a PC to figure it out)

Lastly here is a copy/paste of the message I was trying to send back.

No worries XX XXXXX, although XDA is my first source for Android knowledge still I haven't been helping others out for a long time now, life got busy and I had to drop a lot of my hobbies. It was always good to know I had helped people in the past though. Having said that I appreciate having the opportunity to come back some day, I have always been proud of the title given to me and if I can live up to the title again someday I would certainly love to do that.

Hope XDA continues to grow and flourish!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to demkantor For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift demkantor Ad-Free
6th January 2020, 10:54 AM |#1363  
Recognized Developer
Flag Cuttack
Thanks Meter: 992

More
Hello, Not sure if I am asking in a right place, but very recently I got the RD tag, I even wish to be a mod @ xda, And I know am going to fill up the form and wait for response but most likely what is the probability of being selected when having ~600 posts and RD tag.

Thanks in advance for any possible answer to my question.
6th January 2020, 12:35 PM |#1364  
Forum Moderator
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 6,998

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreejoy Dash

Hello, Not sure if I am asking in a right place, but very recently I got the RD tag, I even wish to be a mod @ xda, And I know am going to fill up the form and wait for response but most likely what is the probability of being selected when having ~600 posts and RD tag.

Hard to say what the probability is to becoming a FM as it depends on if there is an opening for one. However, you qualify if you have at least 500 posts, and a year of service on XDA, and are in good standings without any infractions. Here is the application site if you'd like to read more. Congratulations on your RD tag as well

https://forum.xda-developers.com/announcement.php?a=75
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Badger50 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Badger50 Ad-Free
6th January 2020, 03:13 PM |#1365  
Recognized Developer
Flag Cuttack

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger50

Hard to say what the probability is to becoming a FM as it depends on if there is an opening for one. However, you qualify if you have at least 500 posts, and a year of service on XDA, and are in good standings without any infractions. Here is the application site if you'd like to read more. Congratulations on your RD tag as well

Thanks for wishes, and yes I am going to apply the FM let's see how things go
The Following User Says Thank You to Shreejoy Dash For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th January 2020, 06:56 PM |#1366  
RC-RT Committee / Moderator Committee / Senior Moderator - "Si vis pacem, para bellum"
Thanks Meter: 58,881

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreejoy Dash

You are correct, this is the not place for wishing to be a Moderator, or making any wishes.

But the great RC, Badger has provided you with the link and there is an actual account for the Moderator Committee:
And really you can send any Member on the Committee a msg/questions, there is a list available on XDA. If I have to find it for you, well your application will reflect it....since search is the #1 rule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger50

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Frank Castle For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Frank Castle Ad-Free
6th January 2020, 07:02 PM |#1367  
Recognized Developer
Flag Cuttack

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Castle

You are correct, this is the not place for wishing to be a Moderator, or making any wishes.

But the great RC, Badger has provided you with the link and there is an actual account for the Moderator Committee:
And really you can send any Member on the Committee a msg/questions, there is a list available on XDA. If I have to find it for you, well your application will reflect it....since search is the #1 rule.

Yes sir i do understand that why I wrote first

That I don't think it's a correct place to ask

I was just a little curious so I asked about it

Thanks for clarifying
The Following User Says Thank You to Shreejoy Dash For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
application, apply, apply to become a recognized contributor/themer, rc-rt committee, rc-rt liaison, recognized contributor, recognized themer

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)