Thanks Meter: 6,971

By Moscow Desire, Retired Senior Moderator on 17th February 2013, 07:33 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th July 2017, 03:15 AM |#371  
Thanks Meter: 122

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogzOfWar

So Cyanogenmod is dead and buried (sorta) due to various corporate issues. But, the Cyanogenmod codebase has been reorganized by many of the same developers with a new name. Here are the nightly builds for Lineage OS. (I haven't tested them, just sharing the links)

Are there backlogged older versions of CM? I like a lot of the CM features...I know they are arguable but I'm used to it. I just got a FREE near perfect condition WiFi 16gb nexus 7 so I will eventually want to know somewhere out there is a CM or 6.0isb ROM I can play with. But thanks for warning about lag, maybe I'll need to evaluate what to use this for exactly. Its not useless whatsoever it appears!

Will be scrolling through ROMs and hopefully revitalizing a weakening thread, feel free to let me know! I would eventually like some xposed mods so it seems stock isn't available?? On to work!!
11th July 2017, 03:55 AM |#372  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,838

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew2432

Are there backlogged older versions of CM? I like a lot of the CM features...I know they are arguable but I'm used to it. I just got a FREE near perfect condition WiFi 16gb nexus 7 so I will eventually want to know somewhere out there is a CM or 6.0isb ROM I can play with. But thanks for warning about lag, maybe I'll need to evaluate what to use this for exactly. Its not useless whatsoever it appears!

Will be scrolling through ROMs and hopefully revitalizing a weakening thread, feel free to let me know! I would eventually like some xposed mods so it seems stock isn't available?? On to work!!

I'm running an old Validus test build on my grouper, I got tired of fighting lag on 5+ and up. Using Parrotmod and Open gapps Pico, it runs great. You're welcome to try it if you like

Validus v5.3 Experimental - 4.4.3 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5M...w?usp=drivesdk
The Following User Says Thank You to Char_G For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Char_G Ad-Free
11th July 2017, 06:05 AM |#373  
Thanks Meter: 122

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Char_G

I'm running an old Validus test build on my grouper, I got tired of fighting lag on 5+ and up. Using Parrotmod and Open gapps Pico, it runs great. You're welcome to try it if you like

Validus v5.3 Experimental - 4.4.3 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5M...w?usp=drivesdk

Thanks! I'll probably check it out, I've been messing with the lag as well! Maybe a kk will be best choice if I'm trying to get a faster/smoother performance
11th July 2017, 06:44 AM |#374  
Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew2432

Thanks! I'll probably check it out, I've been messing with the lag as well! Maybe a kk will be best choice if I'm trying to get a faster/smoother performance

I spent a long time, trying to make peace with LP, MM & N, but KK is groupers sweet spot, Imo. I haven't regretted coming back to it a bit, I run fstrim every now and then in the terminal emulator to keep it smooth.
The Following User Says Thank You to Char_G For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Char_G Ad-Free
12th July 2017, 05:31 PM |#375  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Char_G

I spent a long time, trying to make peace with LP, MM & N, but KK is groupers sweet spot, Imo. I haven't regretted coming back to it a bit, I run fstrim every now and then in the terminal emulator to keep it smooth.

This Validus ROM works both in F2FS and Ext4?
12th July 2017, 06:14 PM |#376  
Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmauzao

This Validus ROM works both in F2FS and Ext4?

No idea about f2fs, I'm not using it and the build is not supported.
11th September 2017, 04:27 PM |#377  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Have to ask now, cuz there are many new Nougat ROMs so maybe something changed. Actually I sold my phone so I have to use Nexus 7 for a few weeks since my Redmi Note 4X is being transported to me. So - whats the best ROM for now as a daily one without crashes, good battery life and kinda good performance (1GB of RAM and Tegra3 arent good for todays, I know :/ )
12th February 2019, 06:02 AM |#378  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I have a 2012 Wifi only model running 5.1.1 stock. I want to use the device to stream video from a thermal camera using the Stream_Vision app. from the vendor. Stream Vision only seems to work on Android 6.

So question is, which mod is my best starting point for a basic, reliable Android 6 tablet? The only functionality that I really need to work is the WiFi and GPS. Not looking to customise or tweak in any way, just would like some advice on the most painless path to a basic 6.0 or 6.1 platform.
7th January 2020, 12:31 PM |#379  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bammo68

I have a 2012 Wifi only model running 5.1.1 stock. I want to use the device to stream video from a thermal camera using the Stream_Vision app. from the vendor. Stream Vision only seems to work on Android 6.

So question is, which mod is my best starting point for a basic, reliable Android 6 tablet? The only functionality that I really need to work is the WiFi and GPS. Not looking to customise or tweak in any way, just would like some advice on the most painless path to a basic 6.0 or 6.1 platform.

Which one did you use finally and did it work smoothly?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)