Hello, I can not post on the developer forums yet, so I will post what I can here.
I was able to get root access to my Samsung ATT Note 8 (SGH-i467). See attached image.
lyriquidperfection: for the packing tools. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2411243
globula_neagra: for the comments on system.img. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1971249
SkipKelley: for starting me off. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2385265
The XDA Forums: for being available.
chainfire: for obvious reasons. http://www.chainfire.eu/
I will try to put together a complete how to when I can. For now I will link to the image files I created.
DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK! I DO NOT TAKE ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR DEVICE NOT WORKING.
Here we go.
1. Download the i467 firmware from http://www.sammobile.com
1a. Extract the main zip file you downloaded. Leave the .tar.md5 files intact. They are the files you select with Odin in steps six (6) and nine (9).
2. Download Odin 3.07 from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1738841
2a. Extract and launch Odin.
3. Download the pre-rooted I467UCAMF1 images from SAMSUNG-SGH-I467I467UCAMF1-ROOT.tar
3a. Do not extract or modify this file.
4. Do a factory reset of the device either in system settings or using recovery (volume up). Yes, I have found you must do this.
5. Boot into download mode. (Home + Volume Down + Power)
Step 6 is only required if you accepted the OTA "CAMF2".
6. Use Odin to flash all four files downloaded in step 1. BOOTLOADER, CODE, MODEM and CSC files.
6a. Let the device finish install and boot.
6b. Boot into download mode. (Home + Volume Down + Power)
This is the fun part.
7. Select PDA in Odin and select the file downloaded in step 3. Make sure all other files are not checked. Flash... Odin will say it failed. Yes, don't worry, recovery is still there.
8. Reboot into download mode (Home + Volume Down + Power)
9. Using Odin only flash the BOOTLOADER, MODEM, and CSC from step 1. Do not flash the CODE file or the modified image. In other words, leave PDA unchecked in Odin.
10. Let the device install and reboot.
You should now be able to run SuperSU.
If you want to update to OTA CAMF2 then follow these steps BEFORE DOING ANYTHING ELSE;
Thanks to DanMc85 and others for testing. Also, usernamenotfound wrote instructions in the next post, thank you.
1. Start SuperSU and in the settings enable Survival mode.
2. Connect to a Wifi network. (Thanks aTt)
3. Go to system Settings and select About Device at the bottom of the list.
4. Select Software update on the right.
5. Go through the update process and the device will reboot. You should be at version CAMF2.
Bootloader = BOOTLOADER...tar.md5
PDA = CODE...tar.md5 - Don't select this in step nine (9). Leave blank.
PHONE = MODEM...tar.md5
CSC = CSC...tar.md5