• Yes, it is awesome

Votes: 128 73.6%
  • No, it is unstable and laggy

Votes: 46 26.4%

• Total voters
Search This thread

xgportal

May 6, 2019
Ugh magisk comes with no errors. Just install the manager.

After that get xposed with hiddencore module and your cts blala will always pass.

Okay so I've been testing Samsung Apps from Galaxy Store to check if they work on this ROM. Obviously Samsung Pass doesn't, which is understandable but Private Folder doesn't. It seems like no matter if you use SuperSU or Magisk it always detects root (at least that's what I think it always says that there was an error and to contact Customer Support).
Also, anyone encountered a problem where wallpapers from gallery are a bit streched?

EDIT: You can dismiss part with SecureFolder. It's Samsung, I forgot about Knox Flags.

Last edited:

KaiKai__

Jan 29, 2017
"Last Updated 2020-01-20"
Wait what? First I saw was like NO WAY! but... I guess we never see an update for this masterpiece. Thank you brother for THE BEST ROM for S6 devices. Will use it always.

dcaffeine8d

I've been running this ROM for about 3 days now. Battery life is much better than Floyd Note8 Port V4.0 which i ran for 5 days. SOT is about 3-4 hour (Tidal, youtube, web, xda). It can last me 12-16 hours on one charge (no trickle in between). I have a G920W8 variant which is similar to TMO. I don't have issues with samsung cam as I use a modified gcam which I have not yet encountered any freezing of blanking of screen of sort even switching between front or rear cam on photo or video. It's rock solid. ARcore apps work great. I switched from Samsung pass to Google pass as Samsung Pass somehow detects root. I used magisk to hide the system app but it won't work. So I gave up. :mad: I know that OP does not want us to use Magisk but instead to use SU which I used during the install but I had issues of course with my banking and insurance apps. So I took the plunge, back up by TWRP and perform the magisk install. Or course I don't recommend it but do so at your own risk and don't blame me. Process to install magisk was straightforward. Just boot to TWRP recovery, in the following order: flash unsu.zip (google), flash *boot.img based on your phone model (mine is G920T-boot.img) which is found within the ROM zipfile file under /enes/scripts/kernel/G920(T/F)-boot.img for S6 and ../G925(T/F) for S6E, flash magisk.zip, delete dalvik cache, then reboot. If you have a bootloop, just flash SU again and it's like nothing happened. :D After doing this of course, you won't get support from OP so stop complaining if you have issues. Just live with it. You're running a 4 year old phone so be thankful that you can get a similar experience with a Note 8.

Observations - all my apps work except Samsung Pass, Tidal Masters just comes out as a scratching sound. Switching to Tidal Hifi is fine when using headphone jack with my wired Hifiman Planars . Bluetooth headphones (Tevi) works great with Tidal Masters. I did have the same issue with the Floyd Note8 Port v4.0 which could be related to Note ports. This doesn't happen to me with Pixel ROMs or LIneage OS 16 or Viper OS 6.7. I also find the wallpapers are stretched. I didn't see this issue with the Floyd Note8 Port. Calls via LTE are great. I can make/receive calls without issues. VPN apps work. No hktweaks. My battery is set to Medium setting. No AOD.

I also received my 3600 mah original Samsung battery today which I paid for 15 Cdn. I just installed it in 1 hour. No visible gaps. Trick is not to tighten the 4 screws on the right side so the middle frame aligns much better with the battery thickness (1 mm). I just deleted the battery stats after a 100% charge and draining it now to 5% so I can do the same step. Hopefully, in the next few days, the phone would be calibrated. HKtweaks still report 2550 mah but hopefully this is just due to the ROM. Floyd Note8 Port has a patch for S6 Edge battery (it properly shows 3600 in hktweaks). I hope Enes can provide the battery patch for this ROM. For now I'm quite happy and I appreciate the hard work OP has done in all his ROMs which I tried. My last daily driver was the Viper OS 6.7 and was happy with it but I want to try something new again so this phone doesn't feel old.:cowboy:

Reactions: st3rg and bratt4316
Reactions: dcaffeine8d

zogoibi

Aug 18, 2011
"Last Updated 2020-01-20"
Wait what? First I saw was like NO WAY! but... I guess we never see an update for this masterpiece. Thank you brother for THE BEST ROM for S6 devices. Will use it always.

But then, has it been updated in January '20 or not? The download link takes to the March '19 file.

st3rg

May 20, 2013
Thessaloniki
www.bletsos.com
I've been running this ROM for about 3 days now. Battery life is much better than Floyd Note8 Port V4.0 which i ran for 5 days. SOT is about 3-4 hour (Tidal, youtube, web, xda). It can last me 12-16 hours on one charge (no trickle in between). I have a G920W8 variant which is similar to TMO. I don't have issues with samsung cam as I use a modified gcam which I have not yet encountered any freezing of blanking of screen of sort even switching between front or rear cam on photo or video. It's rock solid. ARcore apps work great. I switched from Samsung pass to Google pass as Samsung Pass somehow detects root. I used magisk to hide the system app but it won't work. So I gave up. :mad: I know that OP does not want us to use Magisk but instead to use SU which I used during the install but I had issues of course with my banking and insurance apps. So I took the plunge, back up by TWRP and perform the magisk install. Or course I don't recommend it but do so at your own risk and don't blame me. Process to install magisk was straightforward. Just boot to TWRP recovery, in the following order: flash unsu.zip (google), flash *boot.img based on your phone model (mine is G920T-boot.img) which is found within the ROM zipfile file under /enes/scripts/kernel/G920(T/F)-boot.img for S6 and ../G925(T/F) for S6E, flash magisk.zip, delete dalvik cache, then reboot. If you have a bootloop, just flash SU again and it's like nothing happened. :D After doing this of course, you won't get support from OP so stop complaining if you have issues. Just live with it. You're running a 4 year old phone so be thankful that you can get a similar experience with a Note 8.

Observations - all my apps work except Samsung Pass, Tidal Masters just comes out as a scratching sound. Switching to Tidal Hifi is fine when using headphone jack with my wired Hifiman Planars . Bluetooth headphones (Tevi) works great with Tidal Masters. I did have the same issue with the Floyd Note8 Port v4.0 which could be related to Note ports. This doesn't happen to me with Pixel ROMs or LIneage OS 16 or Viper OS 6.7. I also find the wallpapers are stretched. I didn't see this issue with the Floyd Note8 Port. Calls via LTE are great. I can make/receive calls without issues. VPN apps work. No hktweaks. My battery is set to Medium setting. No AOD.

I also received my 3600 mah original Samsung battery today which I paid for 15 Cdn. I just installed it in 1 hour. No visible gaps. Trick is not to tighten the 4 screws on the right side so the middle frame aligns much better with the battery thickness (1 mm). I just deleted the battery stats after a 100% charge and draining it now to 5% so I can do the same step. Hopefully, in the next few days, the phone would be calibrated. HKtweaks still report 2550 mah but hopefully this is just due to the ROM. Floyd Note8 Port has a patch for S6 Edge battery (it properly shows 3600 in hktweaks). I hope Enes can provide the battery patch for this ROM. For now I'm quite happy and I appreciate the hard work OP has done in all his ROMs which I tried. My last daily driver was the Viper OS 6.7 and was happy with it but I want to try something new again so this phone doesn't feel old.:cowboy:

Can you please tell us or give your modded camera link to test

zogoibi

Aug 18, 2011
HUGE battery drain; way above stock.
I only use this phone as a home wifi hotspot. No apps running on it, besides most bloatware uninstalled. Well: with stock ROM, I get about 8-10 h tethering. With this port, I get less than 2 h. So, back to stock.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I dont know why but when it finished installing, it stays on samsung galaxy s6 logo, and dosnt go from there. any helps?
    sorry for my bad english.
    Flash supersu bro
    HUjBz0j.png

Disclaimer:

Code:
    [COLOR="black"]* This ROM is made for Only S6 and S6 Edge!
    * Flash it at your own Risk!
    * Your warranty is VOID Knox flags 0x1
    * I'm not responsible for damage to Any dead equipment or loss of warranty![/COLOR]

Description:

Based on Official Samsung Galaxy Note8 Oreo Firmware with January Security Patch
    G920-5F/I/S/K/L/T/W8 are only supported models
    First ever samsung oreo rom for S6 with working GPS credits @lukasb06
    First ever samsung oreo rom to support T-Mobile Models
    Hyper-Kernel
    Deodexed, Zipaligned
    Busybox v1.29.2 Installer Included
    Aroma Installer Support
    Debloat Options in Aroma Installer
    New Bootanimation by @rayesh5700 on telegram

Bugs:
    Camera (It works but unstable)

What is Working?
    Everything Except Bugs

How to Install?
    1. Flash Rom
    2. Flash SuperSU, can be found here(Don't Flash Magisk at First Boot - I don't mind any report from you if you flashed magisk)
    3. Reboot and Enjoy

ALSO IF YOUR PHONE DIDN'T BOOT STOP TALKING ABOUT IT BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T FLASH SUPERSU

Another notice
    If you had symlink error while flashing rom this means your system space isn't enough for this rom. This mostly happens on Korean models, to avoid this don't install any extra app from aroma installer, if you still have the same issue i am sorry you can't use this rom

Download:
    Ultimate Oreo Note8 Port v1.0

Telegram Group:
    Ultimate Telegram Group

Donate:

I do this in my free time and currently i work on this alone. If you want to support the project feel free to donate

Credits:
    @lukasb06 for helping, camera and gps fix
    @ananjaser1211 for helping me with kernel, camera, gps
    @corsicanu for helping me all the time
    @Blackmesa123 for helping with kernel and checking my logs, for signature spoof guide
    @grouxho for GrxScreenTimeOut Toggle
    @yash92duster for awesome thread with tons of guides and mods
    @edzamber for fingerprint unlock after reboot mod
    @aelle89 for helping
    @rjdelc from telegram for new logo
    @rayesh5700 for new bootanimation
    @osm0sis for busybox installer

I DONT ALLOW ANYONE TO USE FILES FROM MY ROM OR MY KERNEL

XDA:DevDB Information
    Samsung Oreo Bring Up, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S6

Contributors
    enesuzun2002, lukasb06, ananjaser1211, Blackm3sa, corsicanu
    Source Code: https://github.com/enesuzun2002/Ultimate-Kernel

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: For best exprience Nougat Modem and BL

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: v1.0
    Stable Release Date: 2019-03-03
    Current Beta Version: 0.2
    Beta Release Date: 2018-09-16

Created 2018-09-16
    Last Updated 2020-01-20
    Ultimate Oreo Note8 Port V1.0

Changelog:
    • Based on Note8 January Firmware N950FXXS5CSA1
    • Hyper-Kernel v1.2 included for all supported devices
    • New RomControl App Based On GrxSettingsV2 by @Grouxho
    • Fixed SamsungCamera7 (only auto and pro mode works)
    • Random Kernel-Panics most probably fixed
    • Doze enabled for Google Services

RomControl Features:
    • BatteryBar
    • Show seconds on StatusBar clock
    • DT2S on StatusBar
    • Samsung Network-Speed
    • Colorable Signal Icons @AbrahamGC
    • Virtual Buttons on StatusBar
    • Native Blur in Notification Panel @Grouxho
    • USB plug in/out wakeup configurable
    • Lockscreen Rotation
    • Quick Reply on Secure Lockscreen @AbrahamGC
    • Wake-up with fingerprint (AOF) @AbrahamGC
    • High Volume Warning
    • High Brightness Warning
    • Toast Animations

Download:
    Ultimate Oreo Note8 Port v1.0
    In future maybe it can help someone ?

"All oreo based roms (not only samsung, every OEM) has issues when fully deodexing the framework. Dalvik-cache will NOT be generated and hence the device is slow as hell (...)
    Flashing the rom with magisk will result in a slowed down device. Please first flash the rom without magisk, boot the device 1 time (to build the dalvik-cache) and then flash magisk. This will prevent you from using a slow phone". @Tkkg1994
    hi after flash my device is stuck in galaxy s6 powered by android
    i have s6 flat plz help me

throw your phone out of the window :fingers-crossed:
    This rom is discontinued no more support from me, also thread is closed. (Go thank to those guys who didn't read thread carefully and made me annoyed, also the guys who voted for buggy and laggy on pool which isn't the case if you follow the installing procedure correctly)