Samsung Rugby Pro (SGH-I547) Super Thread

1,349 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,292

By kemonine96, Inactive Recognized Developer on 21st November 2012, 09:27 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th January 2018, 09:19 AM |#1261  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Downloaded both stock ICS files. No success. It stucks on Samsung Logo after flash them. (yes, I made factory reset before and after flashing). If you have any idea, could you write it? What about my phone - it has 4.1.2 in stock. May be that's the reason.

So, do you have framework_res.apk for 4.1.2 with enabled tethering?
I've found only for 4.0.4
The Following User Says Thank You to kran1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kran1 Ad-Free
18th January 2018, 11:14 PM |#1262  
Flag Space Coast
Thanks Meter: 239

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kran1

Downloaded both stock ICS files. No success. It stucks on Samsung Logo after flash them. (yes, I made factory reset before and after flashing). If you have any idea, could you write it? What about my phone - it has 4.1.2 in stock. May be that's the reason.

Sorry....I got nothing. Like I said before, it's been so long since I've messed with that phone and any files associated with the rooting or updating or xposed, or just about anything for that matter, with that phone anymore. I can only say that I had those files in my Rugby rooting folder, on my computer, from way way back when, so I know they must have had some validity at some point. I'm OCD, so I tend to save stuff like that, even though after time I cant remember anything about it or even how to use it, so what's the point....right? I don't know either.

Anyway, did you go back through all the xposed stuff from that time period? Maybe check the xposed threads too. I don't actually even remember having had xposed on that phone.....and I don't have any xposed folders in my Rugby rooting folder on my computer so I don't think I ever xposed it.

Sorry I couldn't be any help.
17th April 2018, 01:28 PM |#1263  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Clueless where to start.
My dad just bought a Rugby Pro (at&t model)
He got it from god knows who on eBay.

Im looking to flash a new version of android on it (5+)

But my last experience with this was a dell streak 5

My question is: Is there any thing rugby specific i need to get stared? Or rather any thing I need to know before I get started?
18th April 2018, 07:52 AM |#1264  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by saf4xdadev

Sorry....I got nothing. Like I said before, it's been so long since I've messed with that phone and any files associated with the rooting or updating or xposed, or just about anything for that matter, with that phone anymore. I can only say that I had those files in my Rugby rooting folder, on my computer, from way way back when, so I know they must have had some validity at some point. I'm OCD, so I tend to save stuff like that, even though after time I cant remember anything about it or even how to use it, so what's the point....right? I don't know either.

Anyway, did you go back through all the xposed stuff from that time period? Maybe check the xposed threads too. I don't actually even remember having had xposed on that phone.....and I don't have any xposed folders in my Rugby rooting folder on my computer so I don't think I ever xposed it.

Sorry I couldn't be any help.

You sir, are my knight in shining armor... I just so happen to have one of these and funny enough the rugby smart laying around from a few years ago, I rooted it back in '15 or so but for god knows what reason it kernel panics with a pretty blue screen lockup when I use the modem or try to play video of any sort, Im assuming its a bad flash/wrong firmware, etc, since it has no issues on wifi with modem disabled until I try to view video lol. Anyways, Im glad you still have that drive share up, I might be able to tear apart your files, and mash em up with my few leftovers from back then on my archive to maybe turn this device into a burnerish backup to my current Cat S60.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pibble For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pibble Ad-Free
8th July 2018, 05:13 AM |#1265  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kran1

In case one needs it:

android.sgrp.samsung.galaxy.rugby.pro\tethering\fr amework-res-4.1.2.apk

MD5 & SHA1:
5ff87bc8687a37d9c9d513a453f166f8
3c965f2340f2c3be693d361ae31e0d17c9f02a02

(Forum says I cannot post links, so delete this if it's against rules)
Code:
droidbin[DOT COM]/p1chrskpfo52v11td126vgpnjv03
8th July 2018, 07:40 AM |#1266  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by L0k3n

Does anyone still have either recoveries for use in odin for this device still? And the files for root.

I have

I547UCCNJ2_ATTCNJ2_ATT_USA_AT.zip
666MB
Inside is:
KIES_HOME_I547UCCNJ2_I547ATTCNJ2_1371191_REV02_use r_low_ship.tar.md5

Also have
SuperUser and CWR zips. They are small.

Ask if anybody still needs them.
18th August 2019, 06:49 PM |#1267  
Flag Minsk
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hello! Is anywhere I547UCCNJ2 modem zip file for install via twrp?

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

Or how can I do it myself?
25th August 2019, 09:55 AM |#1268  
Flag Minsk
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Insert NON-HLOS.bin from I547UCCNJ2_I547ATTCNJ2_ATT.zip to previus modem zip files, may change text in "META-INF\com\google\android\updater-script".
Install via twrp. It's work.
17th January 2020, 11:56 PM |#1269  

More
I still use my rugby pro with the original OS, it was crazy slow until I uninstalled Services Google Play updates, deactivated it and reseted the phone. Google applications get some limitations (youtube doesn't seem to work but you can run it on a web browser, google maps wont show traffic, ...) once it is stopped but these are minor compared to speed won in exchange. you can deactivates notifications on Google apps you still use so you don't get spammed that you should update Services Google Play.

I think this forum is more about installing a rom on your rugby pro but if your goal is strictly to gain speed I think it's way more simple to stop Services Google Play.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)