FORUMS

[2014.11.10][ROOT] adbd Insecure v2.00

11,421 posts
Thanks Meter: 88,221

By Chainfire, Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 2nd June 2012, 04:29 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th May 2019, 09:28 AM |#262  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
adbd Insecure - error | Could not patch adbd!
Hi Chainfire,,

I Have installed "adbd insecure.apk" on my device. then i opened the application and checklist the "Enable insecure adbd" then the app show notification like that "adbd insecure - error | Could not patch adbd" . could you please show me the way to fix this problem for me?
21st May 2019, 11:05 AM |#263  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Question link to adbd Insecure re-compiled apk, please?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlessabroad

I tried the Chainfire apk and the re-compiled apk.

here's the link to the re-compiled apk (thanks, leroy1) -> https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...&postcount=250
The Following User Says Thank You to RootedLee For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RootedLee Ad-Free
24th May 2019, 03:33 PM |#264  

More
Two questions:

1) How do I make adbd insecure stick even after reboot? Even with Magisk SELinux Manager latest v1.0.5 installed and activated via Magisk (latest), it does not stay persistent during reboot here even with the ckeckmark "Enable at boot" checked. I tried both apks, orignal Chainfire and re-compiled by leroy1.

I have also added ro.debuggable=1 and ro.secure=0 to /system/build.prop, too, as per suggestions here.

2) Inside 'adbd-Insecure-v2.00/assets' I only see adbd up to API/SDK 21 (oddly with file extension .png, but this must mean something different here, not a image format), but I am running Nougat 7.1.1 = API/ SDK 25. Maybe that's why the setting does not stick?
Is there a pre-compiled insecure adbd for API/ SDK 25?

My system specs see in my signature below.
27th May 2019, 09:00 PM |#265  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leroy1

I rebuilt apk using apktool
changed one line from "mount -o rw,remount / /" to "mount -o rw,remount /" in a.smali
and it works on android 7.1
uploadfiles.io/7l42p

@leroy1 or anybody else have *any* idea how to mod the adbd Insecure app to include a newer version of a root-enabled adbd? The most recent in the app (sdk/ api 21) is from Android 5.0/ 2014..

I overwrote the sdk 21 adbd inside adb Insecure.app with the one from TWRP 3.2.1 (v.10.0.39) which DOES give me adb root when booted into TWRP, but even though adb insecure *applies* the updated adb (which I see when I run a version check via adb because it *does* change from my ROM's native adbd v.10.0.36 to v.10.0.39 = the one from my mod), but NO adb root ..

This applies to both apks I modified, original Chainfire and leroy1's mod.

As soon as I revert back to either the original app or leroy1's mod, adb insecure *does* give me adb root again, but it is so old that adb can't even retrieve the version number, and some functions are - well, funky.

Any ideas etc. are *highly* appreciated (bummer that Chainfire did not pass his knowledge along).
3rd June 2019, 01:02 AM |#266  

More
Hello, I after download adbd Insecure from google apps. and when I try to enabled the adbd Insecure, the usb debugging is set to disabled, and after I go to Developer to toggle of and turn back on, the status of usb debugging is still disabled. Any idea?. Thanks
8th June 2019, 05:03 PM |#267  
Flag Indianapolis, IN
Thanks Meter: 1,592

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by apapedulimu

Hello, I after download adbd Insecure from google apps. and when I try to enabled the adbd Insecure, the usb debugging is set to disabled, and after I go to Developer to toggle of and turn back on, the status of usb debugging is still disabled. Any idea?. Thanks

I had the same issue and installing Selinux Switch and setting it to permissive solved it for me.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...witch-t3656502

See my post near the end of that thread, on how I prevented Google Play Protect from disabling it on boot.
The Following User Says Thank You to martyfender For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift martyfender Ad-Free
18th January 2020, 02:02 AM |#268  

More
Thanks
Worked perfectly thank you! Is the app still paying for you? Because then i will buy it.
22nd January 2020, 01:48 PM |#269  

More
Nicely explained and query sorted
It helps to sort out the query with the Selinux Switch installation. Thanks for the heads up.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)