228 posts
Thanks Meter: 37

By TJEclipse, Senior Member on 15th October 2011, 03:21 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th October 2011, 04:42 AM |#11  
Flag Sonoita
Thanks Meter: 417

More
If you are going to MIUI, use Titanium Backup sparingly. Do not restore any system (red) apps and do not restore apps offered in the ROM. When I first went to MIUI, I restored my apps one at a time rather than use restore all apps. I didn't have an issue nor did I lose any data. Also, do a nandroid backup and I would backup all the files on the phone to your computer. This way you can move the apps to the system/app folder if things go south. I hope she enjoys MIUI, I do.
24th December 2011, 04:44 AM |#12  
OP Senior Member
Flag Florida Panhandle
Thanks Meter: 37

More
How do I move the files to the computer?? What folder is it located in? Do i need to download root explorer for this...I have to completely redo her entire phone and I plan on wiping everything and starting from scratch, I believe somehow someway something was messed up and Miui did not install properly. I want to start her over from scratch like a brand new vibrant off the showroom floor.
24th December 2011, 04:48 AM |#13  
Retired Admin - Vacationing in Nanda Parbat, neck deep in Nyssa al Ghul
Flag Immersed in Dark Matter
Thanks Meter: 17,223

More
Hook your phone up to your PC and pull off the folder called TitaniumBackup and put it on you desktop. Once you "clean" your phone, you can put all that back on your SDcard. Pretty easy really.
24th December 2011, 09:55 PM |#14  
Flag Boise
Thanks Meter: 69

More
titanium backup has a dropbox option now which backs everything up to your dropbox.

and unless she's using google voice, she's going to lost her text messages. similarly with call history. contacts and wifi stuff should be backed up with the google account. so, like the picture posted above, just 'backup all user apps' then after flashing the new rom 'restore all apps with data'.
18th January 2020, 06:18 AM |#15  
Flag Bergen
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Backup and restore problem Titanum Backup 8.4.0.2 PRO / Galaxy S9 Plus
Hi

I have used TB 2-3 yrs ago and it wask ok..not many problems.

No I have a problem with all backup jobs I make..all of them not are marked with these smilies but ? ( I guess smilies means OK and no error backup and "?" means some error/missing in backup

And; when I restore a OLD backup With smilies, after the restore the smilies is away/missing and this "?" have apper instead of the smilies, so it seems that TB destroy the old OK backup after it is restored.

Can this error be a fail in options? Something I have to set in options for get it to work?

Hope for answerd ( and hope this quest is posted in correct group. If not, pls tell me

Regards
Rolf
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)