Custom Magisk Module Mod Maker-ADB and Zip Installers

Search This thread

crypt0kiddie

Jun 23, 2010
*Update*

Oddly enough, resetting network settings fixed it for now but the mods still not able to work.

----
I'm kinda of confused as to what exactly I've done here and how to fix it. I've made my Pixel 4 XL unusable.

So I ran the tool on my Windows computer, ran options 1 and 2 for SystemUI and Framework.

Then I ran the option 4 network up/down.

33 to complete, exited that and then rebooted.

I've not installed the module with Magisk yet but my bluetooth is boot looping on my phone.

After it rebooted I just keep getting a popup that says "Bluetooth keeps stopping" over and over as fast as I can close it and if I do not close it, it flicked/flashes about every 2 seconds.

Last edited:

Tulsadiver

Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2013
Google Pixel 7 Pro
*Update*

Oddly enough, resetting network settings fixed it for now but the mods still not able to work.

----
I'm kinda of confused as to what exactly I've done here and how to fix it. I've made my Pixel 4 XL unusable.

So I ran the tool on my Windows computer, ran options 1 and 2 for SystemUI and Framework.

Then I ran the option 4 network up/down.

33 to complete, exited that and then rebooted.

I've not installed the module with Magisk yet but my bluetooth is boot looping on my phone.

After it rebooted I just keep getting a popup that says "Bluetooth keeps stopping" over and over as fast as I can close it and if I do not close it, it flicked/flashes about every 2 seconds.

No need to reboot after option 33 but it would not hurt anything. Nothing happens to your phone until you flash the module in the ozop folder.

Do you have any other modules installed? Which SystemUI and framework did you install?

Edit: I found a problem with a bat file. Did you try the first SystemUI base option? Standard base themeable? Replace this bat file with the one I have attached with the one in the bats/systemuibase folder and try again. (it isn't really zipped, I just added a .zip on the end so it would upload)

Attachments

• androidOstock0-2.bat.zip
    429 bytes · Views: 6
Last edited:

crypt0kiddie

Jun 23, 2010
No need to reboot after option 33 but it would not hurt anything. Nothing happens to your phone until you flash the module in the ozop folder.

Do you have any other modules installed? Which SystemUI and framework did you install?

Edit: I found a problem with a bat file. Did you try the first SystemUI base option? Standard base themeable? Replace this bat file with the one I have attached with the one in the bats/systemuibase folder and try again. (it isn't really zipped, I just added a .zip on the end so it would upload)

I will take a look at this when I get home tonight, I can't do it right now all I have with me at work is my MacBook Pro!

Thanks!

crypt0kiddie

Jun 23, 2010
Sorry for the delay in getting back with this, I was at C2E2 Comic-Con in Chicago over the weekend, just got home!

I made the mistake of restarting my phone while I was there, I didn't think it was going to boot back up. Just kept boot looping.

Should I even bother at this point or just factory reset and try again?

The only thing I want is the network traffic thingy that appears and disappears when data is going in and out that shows both up and down and I don't want a battery icon, just the percentage.

Tulsadiver

Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2013
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Sorry for the delay in getting back with this, I was at C2E2 Comic-Con in Chicago over the weekend, just got home!

I made the mistake of restarting my phone while I was there, I didn't think it was going to boot back up. Just kept boot looping.

Should I even bother at this point or just factory reset and try again?

The only thing I want is the network traffic thingy that appears and disappears when data is going in and out that shows both up and down and I don't want a battery icon, just the percentage.

If it is a module that is causing a bootloop, I boot the disable magisk boot file, remove the bad module and the .disable_magisk file and reboot but a factory reset would work also.

Is this what you are looking for? Just flashed this and it is working for me.
Screenshot_20200302-065926.jpg

Attachments

• trafficbywifibattgone.zip
    11.5 MB · Views: 7

Homeboy76

Recognized Contributor
Aug 24, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro
If it is a module that is causing a bootloop, I boot the disable magisk boot file, remove the bad module and the .disable_magisk file and reboot but a factory reset would work also.

Is this what you are looking for? Just flashed this and it is working for me.
Please, I need your help.
I installed magisk 20-3, then cc.zip before I saw the cc.zip March update and got a black screen. Flash boot.img both slot and system booted, but when I flash Magisk_patched.img with March boot.img boot loop. How do I remove old cc.zip module?
Where is the 'disable magisk boot file' for March 2020. Will it remove the old cc.zip?

Tulsadiver

Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2013
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Please, I need your help.
I installed magisk 20-3, then cc.zip before I saw the cc.zip March update and got a black screen. Flash boot.img both slot and system booted, but when I flash Magisk_patched.img with March boot.img boot loop. How do I remove old cc.zip module?
Where is the 'disable magisk boot file' for March 2020. Will it remove the old cc.zip?

No, you'll have to remove it yourself. All it'll do is boot you with root but you'll need to have root first (flash magisk_patched.img again if you flashed stock boot image again). You will also need to remove the .disable_magisk file in the cache folder.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261736126

Edit: Modules are in the data/adb/modules folder.

Last edited:
Reactions: malybru

Homeboy76

Recognized Contributor
Aug 24, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro

Tulsadiver

Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2013
Google Pixel 7 Pro
So, I flash the new image, flash magisk_patched.img?

No, you need root first (magisk_patched.img). If you are currently bootlooping I'm assuming you have already flashed that file and rebooted. If you have flashed the boot.img to stop the bootloop you will need to flash the magisk_patched.img again and reboot. Then you fastboot boot image_new.img. Your phone will boot with root intact. You then proceed to remove the offending module and also the .disable_magisk file that the image_new.img installed in your cache folder.

Reactions: malybru

Homeboy76

Recognized Contributor
Aug 24, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro
No, you need root first (magisk_patched.img). If you are currently bootlooping I'm assuming you have already flashed that file and rebooted. If you have flashed the boot.img to stop the bootloop you will need to flash the magisk_patched.img again and reboot. Then you fastboot boot image_new.img. Your phone will boot with root intact. You then proceed to remove the offending module and also the .disable_magisk file that the image_new.img installed in your cache folder.
That's the problem, every time I flash the magisk_patched.img. I get a black screen and when I try to restart it stays boot looped until I flash the boot.img to both slots. I thought you had mod for Pixel 4 XL that flashes magisk core only and removed mods. Like the one in the Pixel 3 XL forum: [Guide]Magisk Modules Disabler for Modules gone wrong by

Last edited:

Tulsadiver

Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2013
Google Pixel 7 Pro
That's the problem, every time I fash the magisk_patched.img. I get a black screen and when I try to restart it stays boot looped until I flash the boot.img to both slots. I thought you had mod for Pixel 4 XL that flashes magisk core only and removed mods. Like the one in the Pixel 3 XL forum: [Guide]Magisk Modules Disabler for Modules gone wrong by

Like I said, flash the magisk_patched.img. Let it bootloop. Boot to fastboot and boot my image. Remove the module using root explorer and the .disable_magisk file and reboot. You'll be fine.

Homeboy76

Recognized Contributor
Aug 24, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Like I said, flash the magisk_patched.img. Let it bootloop. Boot to fastboot and boot my image. Remove the module using root explorer and the .disable_magisk file and reboot. You'll be fine.
@Tulsadiver
I followed your instructions ...If you have flashed the boot.img to stop the bootloop you will need to flash the magisk_patched.img again and reboot. Then you fastboot boot image_new.img. Your phone will boot with root intact. You then proceed to remove the offending module and also the .disable_magisk file that the image_new.img installed in your cache folder.

It worked like you programmed it to work.:)
Thanks again for all you do for the XDA community.:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Tulsadiver

malybru

Retired Senior Moderator
Aug 16, 2006
London
Google Pixel 7 Pro

Thanks for the image-new file.It saved me a clean install. :victory:

Just a heads up of a typo; it should read:

fastboot flash boot image-new.img

Also , I'm not seeing any ".disable_magisk file" .
I'm looking in the System(root) folder , and I see " magisk.log" , and "magisk.log.bak"

Am I looking in the wrong folder?

:)

Tulsadiver

Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2013
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Thanks for the image-new file.It saved me a clean install. :victory:

Just a heads up of a typo; it should read:

fastboot flash boot image-new.img

Also , I'm not seeing any ".disable_magisk file" .
I'm looking in the System(root) folder , and I see " magisk.log" , and "magisk.log.bak"

Am I looking in the wrong folder?

:)

No, it should read fastboot boot image-new.img

It is a hidden file so your root explorer needs to be able to see them.

Last edited:

jal3223

Mar 14, 2009
Google Pixel XL
Samsung Galaxy S8+
@Tulsadiver Thank you for working on this! Just to clarify, does flashing the remove Navbar - Keep system text basically just remove the pill bar and other gesture hints while keeping the gesture functions the same? I hate having static images on full screen.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The purpose of this installer is to generate for you a custom module that you can flash in Magisk Manager. It will have all the mods that you have selected from the installer menu. You need root and of course you need to be attached to your PC. On first installation of systemui base, a pop-up asking to give ADB shell root permission will show. Please do so.

Zip installer is installed from your phone, not your pc. You will install the mods through Magisk app. Unzip the Zip Installer onto your internal sdcard. Like ADB installer, start with a SystemUI base. Do not reboot between selections as Magisk as shows after flashing selections (options are found inside the numbered folders). Hit the back button to make your next selection. Do not reboot thru Magisk until after you are done with your selections and have flashed the "Complete Installation" zip.

Custom clocks (date, etc) and internet speed indicators do not change colors due to light-dark background colors like the statusbar icons do.

Android 11
    The developer of Active edge gave me permission to use his base so that people would not have to make a choice between his and my mods. All credit for this goes to him. You must delete the active edge sense module and use one of my active edge modules. If it doesn't say active edge then it isn't active edge sense compatible. If there is an issue with edge sense after flashing, do not contact edge sense op with issues. He does not troubleshoot modified versions of his mod (and neither do I).

I'm also including my Pixel Launcher mod. Also a ADB Installer. You can change app drawer background-text color (separately for light mode and dark mode), remove weather from Launcher. Change the number of hot seat icons on home page (and size) as well as change the number of columns in the app drawer.

ADB Installer Instructions-Root is required

1. Flash one of the SystemUI Bases First. They provide the necessary smali files and public ID's for everything to work.
    2. FLASH ALL THE MODS YOU WANT. ONCE YOU DONE WITH EVERYTHING, FLASH THE "COMPLETE INSTALLATION" Option. This will create a Magisk Manager flashable zip in a folder on your sdcard called ozop. Flash that to install your selection of mods.

Root required
    ADB Instructions.
    1. Unzip ADB Mods Installer Files.zip on your PC
    2. Run TulsadiverModsInstaller.bat (Give ADB Shell Root Permissions. If missed on first opportunity, turn on in magisk manager, superuser)
    3. ADB debugging Enabled
    4. Flash one of the SystemUI Bases First. They provide the necessary smali files and public ID's for everything to work
    5. Go through the other options selecting what all mods you want. It is generally best to start at the top and work your way down.
    6. Once finished with selections, run "Complete Installation" at the bottom. This will generate your mymagisk.zip module in a folder called "ozop" on your sdcard.

Root required
    ZIP Instructions.
    1. Unzip Zip Installer onto your internal sdcard
    2. Flash thru Magisk app. Flash the SystemUI Base First. It provides the necessary smali files and public ID's for everything to work
    (Do not reboot between selections as Magisk shows after flashing selections. Hit the back button to make your next selection)
    3. Go through the other options selecting the mods you want. It is generally best to start at the top and work your way down.
    4. Once finished with selections, flash "Complete Installation" at the top. This will install your selections as a Magisk module.

List of MODS Available
    Clock Format and Position Mods
    Internet Traffic Speed Single Indicator (changes from upload-download) otherwise signals are over/under
    Choose Traffic Speed Indicator Up-Down Icon Colors (default is white)
    Navbar Swap
    Remove NavBar
    3 Minit Battery
    Battery Bar Mod
    One percent custom battery Mods-Several to choose from
    One percent custom battery Text-only-Several to choose from
    Colored Statusbar-Navbar Icons
    Choose number of QS columns 3-7
    Colored Statusbar Icons
    Remove Carrier Text Options
    Smaller LTE Icon
    Animations
    Fonts (including Lockscreen clock)
    Change QS pulldown circle color
    Change Status bar Data Icon to a "cell tower" looking icon (see below)
    Change QS data icon to a cell tower icon
    Screenshot_20200729-182620.jpg
    Screenshot_20200729-182627.png

Note Added a couple of wifi and data signal options.
    WiFi 1 and Cell Tower 1
    Screenshot_1.png
    WiFi 2 Cell Tower 2
    Screenshot_2.png
    WiFi 3 data 3
    Screenshot_3.png

Includes a batch (.bat), and powershell installers, one for windows, one for linux. Big thanks to @wrongway213 for doing all the testing
    and helping with the linux powershell installer.

Android 12 comes with a more narrow brightness-volume bar option.

Screenshot_20210823-095005.png

Screenshot_lock.png

This is a SystemUI mod. It's not compatible with other SystemUI mods.

There's just one base now. To change the QS pulldown colors, go to settings/display/device theme at the bottom. The black options change the settings background from gray to black.

---------------------
    Zip Installer
    Android 12.1
    July update
    Uploaded 7 -8-22

ADB installer
    July update
    Uploaded 7 -8-22

----------------------

Android 12 - January update
    Uploaded 1-8-22

---------------------------

Android 11
    Uploaded 7-9-21

-------------------------------------------------
    If I helped, hit the Thanks Button!
    Feeling generous, send me a beer!
    --------------------------------------------------

Screenshot_20200729-182620.jpgScreenshot_20200729-182627.pngScreenshot_1.pngScreenshot_2.pngScreenshot_3.png

Android 10
    ADB Module maker uploaded 8-6-20
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=8889791610682907792

Zip Installer Instead of ADB Module maker
    Unzip zip into a folder on your internal sdcard. The folder name cannot have spaces in it.
    Boot TWRP, find your folder. Install base first. Install the mods you want, then flash complete installation zip. Reboot.

TWRP zip Installer
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=8889791610682907810

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pixel Launcher Mod
    Start by picking a base. Bases come with, or without, a search bar and Hotseat heights The larger number of rows you pick, the lower your hotseat drops on your home screen. If your hotseat comes out too low, try again with a higher base.

Remove Search Bar
    App Drawer background color (Light and Dark Mode)
    App Drawer Text Color or remove (Light and Dark Mode)
    Home screen App Text Color
    Smart-screen Text color
    App Icon Sizes 45-50-56 dip (56 is stock)
    Columns (5-6-7)
    Rows (5 through 11)

Android 12
    ADB Pixel launcher Uploaded 12-18-21

------------------------

Android 11
    ADB Pixel Launcher Installer uploaded 7-9-21

-------------------------------

Android 10
    ADB Pixel Launcher Installer uploaded 6-18-20
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=8889791610682873110
    Current mod still working on February patch.
    March update has been uploaded.
    December update has been uploaded.
    December update appears to work on January update.