Post Reply Email Thread
1st May 2019, 01:26 PM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 421

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid_JD

Can anyone help me revive my TP?
Can someone help me out?

This is the Ubuntu version that Jcsullins used and you can find all files also on this site:
http://downloads.codefi.re/jcsullins/misc/ubuntu
http://downloads.codefi.re/jcsullins

I have never come across a Tablet that is brick and never had to do the TPDebrick.
Why do you think that the Tablet is brick?
What is doing, or not doing?
1st May 2019, 02:18 PM |#112  
Boston
Thanks Meter: 77

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP_TOUCHPAD

This is the Ubuntu version that Jcsullins used and you can find all files also on this site:
http://downloads.codefi.re/jcsullins/misc/ubuntu
http://downloads.codefi.re/jcsullins

I have never come across a Tablet that is brick and never had to do the TPDebrick.
Why do you think that the Tablet is brick?
What is doing, or not doing?

Hi there,

It's not charging, not blinking, not showing the USB screen. In fact, the only thing it's been doing is sitting in a drawer for 2-3 years collecting dust
I lost the original charging plug and cable long ago, and I've used a number of other plugs and cables with no luck. I thought this was the best approach to try and bring it back to life, but I'm certainly open to any and all suggestions.
1st May 2019, 02:28 PM |#113  

More
Quote:

Hi there,
Hello
It's not charging, not blinking, not showing the USB screen. In fact, the only thing it's been doing is sitting in a drawer for 2-3 years collecting dust
Battery cells are completely drain.
I lost the original charging plug and cable long ago, and I've used a number of other plugs and cables with no luck.
The Tablet needs to be charge with the original or a charger that provide the same Output: 5.3volts, 2.0amps
I thought this was the best approach to try and bring it back to life, but I'm certainly open to any and all suggestions.

The battery needs to be charge properly, and must have enough charge to start and shows any graphics on the screen.
The Following User Says Thank You to HP_TOUCHPAD For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift HP_TOUCHPAD Ad-Free
1st May 2019, 03:33 PM |#114  
Boston
Thanks Meter: 77

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP_TOUCHPAD

The battery needs to be charge properly, and must have enough charge to start and shows any graphics on the screen.

Thanks. I've tried with a number of 5V2A chargers, not sure if I have a 5.3 lying around. If not, I guess that's what Amazon's for...
I'll see what I have lying around at home and report back.
1st May 2019, 03:45 PM |#115  

More
Quote:

Thanks. I've tried with a number of 5V2A chargers, not sure if I have a 5.3 lying around. If not, I guess that's what Amazon's for...
I'll see what I have lying around at home and report back.

It must be specifically and exactly Output: 5.3volts, 2.0amps
Get authentic original HP TP charger.
It could takes days to even a light to blink.
6th May 2019, 09:58 AM |#116  
Thanks Meter: 214

More
Hi @Droid_JD,

Trust me, @HP_TOUCHPAD is correct..... I thought my HP Touchpad had died too, I'd not used it for a matter of months, maybe even a year.... and just assumed it would work once I plugged it in. I tried for days, weeks.... I tried all kinds of chargers, adapters, connecting to PC. Fast charge, hard charge, low trickle charge... everything !!! There was no life in it what-so-ever. I even read about the official Wireless charging stand, and bought one of those off eBay. (Beauty in buying that, I got a Wireless Charger, Case and another practically BRAND NEW Touchpad.... for £30).

Anyway, I used the Wireless charging stand, and still no joy... (apart from another Tablet).

But then, I plugged the original Touchpad into my brothers Linux PC, and followed the commands/instructions, and all of sudden.... BINGO... It sprung back into life !!!

I then followed the instructions in Toolbox to reflash the A6 firmware, and been charging the Touchpad ever since and it's not faulted since, it holds it charge perfectly.

Then check out a lot of @HP_TOUCHPAD" posts, they are an incredible source of knowledge. He explains it in amazing in depth detail, yet are really easy to follow... He's done wonders into bringing new life to our ageing devices...

Cheers, Lister

Quote:

Hi there,

I lost the original charging plug and cable long ago, and I've used a number of other plugs and cables with no luck. I thought this was the best approach to try and bring it back to life, but I'm certainly open to any and all suggestions.

The Following User Says Thank You to Lister Of Smeg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Lister Of Smeg Ad-Free
31st January 2020, 12:12 AM |#117  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Tablet does not turn on even when charged
I tried to unbrick my HP Touchpad with the tools tpdebrick-v005 under Ubuntu. I carried out the manipulations described. The Touchpad is well recognized under Ubuntu. But I have an error message at the end of the process. Suddenly, my tablet remains off.
Error code:
A6 files copy failed.
Aborted.

Can you help me solve my problem?

Here is the result file I get.

Code:
[email protected]:~/Téléchargements/tpdebrick-v005$ sudo ./tpdebrick 32
Checking doc files ...
Connect Touchpad then hold Power+Home+VolumeDown for 30 seconds ...
Release buttons now
Requesting SoftwareVersion...
Version: PBL_DloadVER1.0
Requesting Params...
Params: 06 01 01 00 90 00 00
Uploading file 'emmcbld.bin' to QDLOAD...
Writing 552 bytes to 0x06411600; 0 bytes left.
Response: ACK 0x06411600 (outstanding: 0)
Sending CloseFlush...
Writing file mbr32.bin ... 
Sending MAGIC...
Sending secureMode...
Sending openMulti ...
Uploading file 'mbr32.bin'...
Writing 512 bytes to 0x00000000; 0 bytes left.
Response: ACK 0x00000000 (outstanding: 0)
Sending CloseFlush...
Done writing files.
Reseting device...
Requesting Reset...
Waiting for fastboot mode...
Loading TPToolbox-Headless ...
sending 'bootmem' (13200 KB)...
OKAY [  0.830s]
writing 'bootmem'...
OKAY [  2.917s]
finished. total time: 3.747s
Waiting for netchip mode... (may take 3+ mins)
Waiting for ping check...
Checking/updating known_hosts...
Copying A6 files...
Unable to negotiate with 192.168.7.7 port 22: no matching key exchange method found. Their offer: diffie-hellman-group1-sha1
lost connection
A6 files copy failed.
Aborted.
16th February 2020, 03:10 PM |#118  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hello,
This may be a dead thread as these tablets are getting pretty old, but I like the challenge, plus it is/was a good table. Anyway, I have the same problem. I had revived my TP a couple of years ago using the tpdebrick method. It just died this week and trying to revive it I get the same message. Searching thru this thread, I had tried the various SSH changes suggested to no avail. If you have found a solution I would appreciate how you managed to fix it. Thanks
Copying A6 files...
Unable to negotiate with 192.168.7.7 port 22: no matching key exchange method found. Their offer: diffie-hellman-group1-sha1
lost connection
A6 files copy failed.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)