Photo quality

Search This thread

drzewoid

Jun 17, 2018
I don't know what samples did you downloaded, but I compared my V50 to P30 Pro, Mate 30 Pro, Note 10+, iphone 11 max, and Nokia pure view. I can tell you mate 30 pro and P30 pro looses to all the above phones. V50 is the winner in every single aspect compared to allnof those phones. However Nokia Pure View beat it in some

I can say only one thing in this case - you need bigger monitor to real judge the photo quality. I have 32" monitor and my previous phone was Galaxy S9+(this is almost the same camera as Note 10+). Samsung photos are completely trash on bigger monitors, i saw Note 10+ samples and situation is the same. LG has good camera, but terrible camera app processing. Yes, photos looks great, but only on small screens. When i resize window to 100% photos looks very bad. 4k monitors with 4k resolution opens photo almost 100% zoomed to whole screen. Belive me, it changes everything.

The good thing is - you can shot amazing photos with Your LG, but you can't use default camera - look at this - https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4455203

jauhari

May 24, 2010
Ponjong, Gunungkidul
www.jauhari.net
Front Camera / Selfie Camera is bad at taking close up photo/portrait (>30cm). It is blurring my face & focusing on the background instead. Even I tried to tap no my face, it just didn't focus to my face at close distance. I have to take my phone further away (>50cm) to get a good detail on my face. Is this normal? Any workaround for this issue? Or am I the only one who have this issue?

Huawe Mate 30 Pro as far I know didn't have auto focus, it's only FIXED FOCUS.. that why you need on the right time and monent. As far I know, the best front camera software and hardware is Pixel 3/3XL with two Camera (standard lens has auto focus, wide didn't) but Google Camera do the Magic... on the low light selfie... this Google Camera do amazing jobs too

birajrai

Aug 8, 2016
Here are my samples from Mate 30 PRO - i think it's great camera phone, much better than my older phones like P20 PRO, Samsung Galaxy S9+, LG V30 etc. Only night mode sucks a lot, produce very unnatural photos - good to see on mobile phone screen, not acceptable on big monitor.

https://flickr.com/photos/185306499@N02/albums/72157711610981566

You pictures are really good compared to mine which is polluted by flares. And I'm telling you, obstructive massive flares.

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

Flares! Flares! And FLARES!!! Flares in night photography without and with the night mode as well as Pro mode. And flares in day light when there is antilight falling behind the subject. FFFLLLAAARRREEESSS!!! PLEASE FIX IT, HUAWEI.

birajrai

Aug 8, 2016
Halos and Flares

I have noticed this to happen very frequently. Bright images will always produce halos. Light sources will have long streaks of flares. And backlighting will create unpleasant shadowing/silhouette on subjects. We need a fix.

Attachments

• IMG-8829e058a1fde1192344378d9b2a9e3f-V.jpg
    IMG-8829e058a1fde1192344378d9b2a9e3f-V.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 618
  • IMG-ac7a30123c66cb528551f95985cee8e2-V.jpg
    IMG-ac7a30123c66cb528551f95985cee8e2-V.jpg
    266.2 KB · Views: 617
Reactions: Maher.k22

Inerent

Oct 6, 2017
Bucharest
I have noticed this to happen very frequently. Bright images will always produce halos. Light sources will have long streaks of flares. And backlighting will create unpleasant shadowing/silhouette on subjects. We need a fix.
OMG, these are pics shoot with mate 30 pro? :laugh:
Blurry, foggy, bad colors... ?

sisaxe

Apr 19, 2018

You need to clean your camera lens. Glass over camera get dirty very fast so I prefer Everytime before taking a photo to clean it. Those artifacts where all light get some kind of lens flare overall is what you get with dirty lena on any camera.

Good luck

Reactions: Hamza Makhchoune

daniLaLaLaLaLa

Sep 11, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
plus.google.com
Are there anyone trying to praise LG here? lol.. much lol..
I changed to Huawei from LG, I've been loyal enough since G2 to G8 before jumping to P30 and maybe to Mate30 in the future..

LG sucks, you only feels great because your device is new... I'd share some of my bad experience with LG here :

G2 - Should've upgradable to 5.1.1 but LG decided to stay with 5.0 due to their lazyness.. The phone EOL with Android lollipop that is infected with memory leaks issue.. I'd know there is LineageOS available but unfortunately the stock android is not my favourite..

G3 - Good device but poor engineering.. I'd use a LTE-A variant which using a SD805.. after almost a year of usage, the device have so much issues such as overheat, blue screen error, screen flickering and else..

G4 - Should've upgradable at least 7.0 but LG cares about Korea.. nothing for Int.version and stuck with unoptimized 6.0 Marshmallow. lucky for a few people the beta Nougat is there.. but still, unfinished and quite jerky..

V10 - It's a great device i ever used with those secondary screen gimmick is actually really handy.. I'd love the back fingerprint so much but because of the infamous bootloop issues... hmmm...

G5 - Sucks in build quality. I dont use G5 for long because it feels toyish.. Also, very slow update.

V20 - Feels great but the software is badly maintained. only received Oreo after a year released and there is no Pie 9.0 unless you're using Korean variant.

V30 - The very first LG smartphone I'd use that can last me a day before the next charge.. it feels great and i'd love the design but the camera is sucks.. The front camera is terrible.. Even my iPhone 5S front cam can do better than that ! I'd see almost no improvement toward V20 except the buggy EIS is fixed here..

G7 - First impression, mehh.. Camera is, mehh.... sluggish and unoptimized OS again..

V35 - A good phone with a good camera and screen without the notch, due to very slow update.. I'd give the phone to my mom.. it is boring to use a new phone without an update..

G8 - Okay but doesn't impress me enough.. Camera is okay but the OS is once again, very slow with update makes me finally decided to stay away and move on from LG after seeing my wife who is using Mate20 Pro at that time is having a great time with her phone.. she's using Huawei since the Ascend P6 era..

My conclusion is LG Mobile is sucks.. Whatever they do, They'd never learn..
soon V50 also will have the same fate as its predecessor.. hehehe....

Terrybrown

Jul 23, 2019
Unbelievable photos

Huawei mate 30 pro makes amazing photos.When shooting at 10 meters distance, I can zoom in and read small letters and numbers.It makes my job a lot easier.:)

grizzlyspid86

These are taken from my Mate 20. Do i need to upgrade to Mate 30? I think i'll wait for Mate 40 lol.

Attachments

• IMG_20190811_101051_polarr.jpg
    IMG_20190811_101051_polarr.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 349
  • 221161_polarr-01_polarr.jpg
    221161_polarr-01_polarr.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 340
  • IMG_20190915_165718_polarr.jpg
    IMG_20190915_165718_polarr.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 353
  • IMG_20200307_185223_polarr.jpg
    IMG_20200307_185223_polarr.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 349
  • IMG_20200229_110253_polarr.jpg
    IMG_20200229_110253_polarr.jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 333
  • IMG_20200216_160623_polarr_1.jpg
    IMG_20200216_160623_polarr_1.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 332
  • 274351.jpg
    274351.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 317
  • 240672.jpg
    240672.jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 321

drzewoid

Jun 17, 2018
These are taken from my Mate 20. Do i need to upgrade to Mate 30? I think i'll wait for Mate 40 lol.

Very good photos. Mate 30 PRO offer better image quality, but in this moment i recommend wait for mate 40 pro. It can be real game changer ;) Mate 30 PRO weak point is video - new mate will be use p40 pro ultra wide camera with much improved video quality, especially in the night.

Makonator

Apr 14, 2013
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
I wa curious about your opinion and checked samples from V50 - i have 32" monitor, this is only objective way to give real opinion about photos. On smaller screen pictures from all phones looks almost the same, only colors are different. In my opinion LG V50 is not even close to Mate 30 PRO. This is the same camera like LG G8 - last amazing camera phone from LG was G5. LG camera generates blurry image without details, looks good when i resize window to 50% only. Of course You can try GCAM or RAW editing, but default app generate trash photos.

Screen size got nothing with it...it's resolution...pictures looks better on my 50'' tv full HD, than on my 27'' 2k monitor...

WarVic

Apr 24, 2010
I changed to Huawei from LG, I've been loyal enough since G2 to G8 before jumping to P30 and maybe to Mate30 in the future..

LG sucks, you only feels great because your device is new... I'd share some of my bad experience with LG here :

G2 - Should've upgradable to 5.1.1 but LG decided to stay with 5.0 due to their lazyness.. The phone EOL with Android lollipop that is infected with memory leaks issue.. I'd know there is LineageOS available but unfortunately the stock android is not my favourite..

G3 - Good device but poor engineering.. I'd use a LTE-A variant which using a SD805.. after almost a year of usage, the device have so much issues such as overheat, blue screen error, screen flickering and else..

G4 - Should've upgradable at least 7.0 but LG cares about Korea.. nothing for Int.version and stuck with unoptimized 6.0 Marshmallow. lucky for a few people the beta Nougat is there.. but still, unfinished and quite jerky..

V10 - It's a great device i ever used with those secondary screen gimmick is actually really handy.. I'd love the back fingerprint so much but because of the infamous bootloop issues... hmmm...

G5 - Sucks in build quality. I dont use G5 for long because it feels toyish.. Also, very slow update.

V20 - Feels great but the software is badly maintained. only received Oreo after a year released and there is no Pie 9.0 unless you're using Korean variant.

V30 - The very first LG smartphone I'd use that can last me a day before the next charge.. it feels great and i'd love the design but the camera is sucks.. The front camera is terrible.. Even my iPhone 5S front cam can do better than that ! I'd see almost no improvement toward V20 except the buggy EIS is fixed here..

G7 - First impression, mehh.. Camera is, mehh.... sluggish and unoptimized OS again..

V35 - A good phone with a good camera and screen without the notch, due to very slow update.. I'd give the phone to my mom.. it is boring to use a new phone without an update..

G8 - Okay but doesn't impress me enough.. Camera is okay but the OS is once again, very slow with update makes me finally decided to stay away and move on from LG after seeing my wife who is using Mate20 Pro at that time is having a great time with her phone.. she's using Huawei since the Ascend P6 era..

I've got LG V50. Looking at your models feedback and from my personal experience I could add to your list following:
V50 - ... still hopeless. Won't buy LG again. :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I think Mate 30 Pro cameras are the best right now.
    Here are my samples from Mate 30 PRO - i think it's great camera phone, much better than my older phones like P20 PRO, Samsung Galaxy S9+, LG V30 etc. Only night mode sucks a lot, produce very unnatural photos - good to see on mobile phone screen, not acceptable on big monitor.

https://flickr.com/photos/185306499@N02/albums/72157711610981566

I've got LG V50. Looking at your models feedback and from my personal experience I could add to your list following:
    V50 - ... still hopeless. Won't buy LG again. :)
    Taken by the China 5G Mate 30 Pro.
    Was blown away when I took these.

B9Z1eVD.jpg

y05E8oQ.jpg

HcGRLBv

---------- Post added at 06:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 AM ----------

HcGRLBv

One more since it didn't upload
    Quality is awesome but sometimes in lowlight there's some pink tint in photos .. does anyone else get that?