By ukanth, Recognized Developer on 26th October 2012, 05:41 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th January 2020, 03:30 PM |#5751  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 8,660

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesmurized

[IMHO] The latest beta (3.3.1 beta 4 I think) primary list interface is way way too expanded. Two lines per entry, a larger app icon... looks like an Apple creation
Please keep the original interface list design. Concise & complete [/IMHO]

I'm back on the stable track.... and happy

Even though there are some functional issues to fix I'm +1 for a change to something more closely resembling the previous interface. This is not just an aesthetic choice. With the check boxes (three in my case) all on the same row as the application it is much easier to determine the status of things overall and to find individual things in the list, as well as see twice as much information in the panel.

On the positive side in the beta: The application of rules seems to be better, no longer pausing or stacking and overlapping previous rule applications. Also the new UI showing IPv6 and ipv4 separately reveals subtle differences which retroactively speak to that stacking and overlapping. A nice change.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
26th January 2020, 05:17 PM |#5752  
Thanks Meter: 419

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronTechmonkey

Even though there are some functional issues to fix I'm +1 for a change to something more closely resembling the previous interface. This is not just an aesthetic choice. With the check boxes (three in my case) all on the same row as the application it is much easier to determine the status of things overall and to find individual things in the list, as well as see twice as much information in the panel.

On the positive side in the beta: The application of rules seems to be better, no longer pausing or stacking and overlapping previous rule applications. Also the new UI showing IPv6 and ipv4 separately reveals subtle differences which retroactively speak to that stacking and overlapping. A nice change.

3.4.0_beta does work much better, in the ways described above. However, the interface changes are not an improvement, imo. I'm *always* against having less information on the screen, always.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TiTiB For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TiTiB Ad-Free
26th January 2020, 09:24 PM |#5753  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiTiB

3.4.0_beta does work much better, in the ways described above. However, the interface changes are not an improvement, imo. I'm *always* against having less information on the screen, always.

Suggest you post the comments also to github. I'm not sure that Ukanth is reading all of this thread.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to markd89 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift markd89 Ad-Free
27th January 2020, 04:24 AM |#5754  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 5,038

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by markd89

Suggest you post the comments also to github. I'm not sure that Ukanth is reading all of this thread.

Thanks. I do read comments on XDA. But when you raise issues, it's better to post it on github for better tracking.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ukanth For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th January 2020, 04:30 AM |#5755  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Regarding UI, I have changed to logic to apply when you have filter on the main screen more than 3. New UI will be shown when you select more than 3 controls (like tor/vpn/tether) etc,

Also I have fixed the notification related bugs and FC on logs. Even after changing the log target if log does not work, I would suggest to install busybox and try using busybox way of starting log service. Even I don't like the current implementation of log service. I will see If I can find time to rewrite log service atleast.

I will release another beta by end of this week. Please post your issues on github with logs (adb and firewall rules in afwall)

Thank you all.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ukanth For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th January 2020, 08:24 AM |#5756  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukanth

Regarding UI, I have changed to logic to apply when you have filter on the main screen more than 3. New UI will be shown when you select more than 3 controls (like tor/vpn/tether) etc,

After having done some testing I can see how having the check boxes on a separate row is actually better when you have many controls selected but on my device the new UI seems to be in use with only 2 controls visible (Wifi, mobile data).

Quote:

Also I have fixed the notification related bugs and FC on logs. Even after changing the log target if log does not work, I would suggest to install busybox and try using busybox way of starting log service. Even I don't like the current implementation of log service. I will see If I can find time to rewrite log service atleast.

I will release another beta by end of this week. Please post your issues on github with logs (adb and firewall rules in afwall)

Thank you all.

While just now testing the UI check boxes I see another bug: FC upon disabling "Active rules". Seems 100% reproducible on my device. Will report to github later today.

[EDIT] Github ticket for FC upon disable "Active Rules":
https://github.com/ukanth/afwall/issues/1070
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
28th January 2020, 12:51 AM |#5757  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronTechmonkey

After having done some testing I can see how having the check boxes on a separate row is actually better when you have many controls selected but on my device the new UI seems to be in use with only 2 controls visible (Wifi, mobile data).

While just now testing the UI check boxes I see another bug: FC upon disabling "Active rules". Seems 100% reproducible on my device. Will report to github later today.

[EDIT] Github ticket for FC upon disable "Active Rules":
https://github.com/ukanth/afwall/issues/1070

UI changes has not been released yet (with 3 controls old UI changes). You can see the changes in next beta. Thanks for logs on FC. thats fixed.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ukanth For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th January 2020, 06:19 PM |#5758  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
@ukanth Is AFwall+ capable of displaying an IP address/MAC address of my choosing to spoof an app?

thanks,[COLOR="Silver"]
1st February 2020, 06:54 AM |#5759  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Hello all,

I have released beta2 today. You can find the changelog and binaries on github. I will leave it for a week for feedback and release it.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ukanth For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st February 2020, 08:16 AM |#5760  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:

Hello all,

I have released beta2 today. You can find the changelog and binaries on github. I will leave it for a week for feedback and release it.

Issue - FC viewing log after there have been loggable events persists. As before, changing the log target gets the logging working as evidenced by toasts but FC upon viewing log then no more toasts. Will re-log and report to github in a few hours.

[EDIT]https://github.com/ukanth/afwall/issues/1071
Logs have been added.
The Following User Says Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
1st February 2020, 07:48 PM |#5761  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Bergisches Land
Thanks Meter: 3,116

More
Quote:

Hello all,

Installed latest beta2 from Play Store. I have set up a pattern lock, but after installing the latest beta2, I can't get past that pattern lock, it will always go back to the pattern screen. Is this known?

Pixel 3, Dirty Unicorns (Android 9), rooted with Magisk.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
block internet, droidwall, firewall, iptables, security

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)